• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)

A thread for stories where BAME, LGBTQs, SJWs, luvvies and snowflakes turn on each other.

No need to intervene, just open some popcorn. and watch them tie themselves up in knots.

Today, Daniel Radcliffe calls out J K Rowling for daring to refer to 'people who menstruate' because M2F transexuals are denied the privilige of needing Tampax.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52975994

Daniel Radcliffe hopes JK Rowling's comments about gender will not "taint" the Harry Potter series for fans.

In a statement posted on an LGBT suicide prevention charity website, the actor said: "Transgender women are women.

"Any statement to the contrary erases the identity and dignity of transgender people."

JK Rowling had been criticised for tweets taking issue with the phrase "people who menstruate".

Radcliffe said this was not about "in-fighting" and added he felt "compelled to say something" because Rowling was responsible for the "course his life has taken".

'Love is the strongest force'

Writing on The Trevor Project's website he said he was sorry to anyone whose "experience of the [Harry Potter] books has been tarnished".

"If these books taught you that love is the strongest force in the universe... that dogmatic ideas of pureness lead to the oppression of vulnerable groups; if you believe that a particular character is trans, non-binary, or gender fluid, or that they are gay or bisexual; if you found anything in these stories that resonated with you and helped you at any time in your life - then that is between you and the book that you read, and it is sacred.

"I hope that these comments will not taint that too much."

The actor started supporting the charity, which provides suicide-prevention counselling to young people in the US, in 2009.

Rowling had tweeted at the weekend about an article discussing "people who menstruate".

"I'm sure there used to be a word for those people. Someone help me out. Wumben? Wimpund? Woomud?"

In response, she was called transphobic.

Rowling stood by her comments, saying it "isn't hate to speak the truth".

Edited by Happy Renting

This trans stuff is really sad. There are real battles at things like domestic violence shelters where women have fled abusive husbands and just need some space and time in safety, but radical extremist groups are kicking off when they object to having to let in 6ft "women" who haven't even had surgery or even wear a dress. They just self identify.

Posted (edited)

Rowling stood by her comments, saying it "isn't hate to speak the truth".

Oh my god. There is a touch of right wing extremism in there. I think we can safely put her with the Tommy Robinson/Hitler lot.

Edited by 201p

15 minutes ago, DocH said:

The great thing about this particular ruck is that J K R has unlimited funds so she is not beholden to anyone.She can't be forced to grovel, or bend the knee, a apologize abjectly, because she doesn't have a boss or anyone with power over her, so I hope she keeps on posting her common-sensical stuff for ever. Or until it goes away.

Yeah she's rich enough to hopefully hold on to her own thoughts.

1 hour ago, DocH said:

The great thing about this particular ruck is that J K R has unlimited funds so she is not beholden to anyone.She can't be forced to grovel, or bend the knee, a apologize abjectly, because she doesn't have a boss or anyone with power over her, so I hope she keeps on posting her common-sensical stuff for ever. Or until it goes away.

Dont get your hopes up to far. She donated £1M to the labour party not so long ago.

1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

Chances of him being in another Harry Potter movie are not looking great. 

Harry Potter and the Midlife Crisis
Harry Potter and the Expensive Divorce
Harry Potter and the Hair Transplant
Harry Potter and the Much Younger Secretary Who Accidentally Got Pregnant

1 hour ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-52983319

Little Britain banned.... apparently racist and out of date. 

Oddly enough I was recently watching the excellent series Inside Number Nine.

One episode, called Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room was about two 1980s comedians called Cheese and Crackers, a bit like Little and Large or the Chuckle Brothers, getting together for a reunion gig. Most of their sketches had impressions of comedy pakistanis, Scotsmen, Irish etc in them and one of them said 'we can't do this stuff anymore because it's racist'.

Now...this was quite a clever commentary on the nature of humour and how it's changed. But I can easily imagine in a few years the BBC banning this, because it involves a white man putting on a turban and doing a 'bud bud ding ding' type impersonation of a pakistanny. Even though the whole thing is making a mockery of racism.

1 hour ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-52983319

Little Britain banned.... apparently racist and out of date. 

Fairly mystifies me this if youtube follows suit.  LB is only just over a decade old, what about the older comedies that the beeb still no doubt put out on some platforms, Open All Hours, Fools & Horses.  As for the old stand ups like Chubby & Manning they'll be removed from all existence!  Hopefully it's the usual OTT reaction and it'll all just revert soon (albeit it always does with more damage done slowly slowly).

Personally not a fan of LB though, seemed to be the tail end of the alternative Reeves & Mortimer kind of comedy from the 90's dragging its carcass along.

10 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

A thread for stories where BAME, LGBTQs, SJWs, luvvies and snowflakes turn on each other.

No need to intervene, just open some popcorn. and watch them tie themselves up in knots.

Today, Daniel Radcliffe calls out J K Rowling for daring to refer to 'people who menstruate' because M2F transexuals are denied the privilige of needing Tampax.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52975994

It’s not hate to speak the truth so will she agree a man who has his cock cut off and wears a dress is still a man 

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Chromosomes are a bitch ain't they

Yes dna skeleton make up and my personal favrite is dolly the sheep cloneing simply ask a lefty scientist on say scientists for the eu if the clone would be male or female.

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

Oddly enough I was recently watching the excellent series Inside Number Nine.

One episode, called Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room was about two 1980s comedians called Cheese and Crackers, a bit like Little and Large or the Chuckle Brothers, getting together for a reunion gig. Most of their sketches had impressions of comedy pakistanis, Scotsmen, Irish etc in them and one of them said 'we can't do this stuff anymore because it's racist'.

Now...this was quite a clever commentary on the nature of humour and how it's changed. But I can easily imagine in a few years the BBC banning this, because it involves a white man putting on a turban and doing a 'bud bud ding ding' type impersonation of a pakistanny. Even though the whole thing is making a mockery of racism.

They have plenty of form...

Papa Lazarou: you're my wife now... | League of gentlemen, English ...