DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Well that's the way to do it: ONE MILLION POUNDS.

one-million-orders.jpg?itok=fAuBwGrv_112780812_959974b0-48c1-4286-9f1c-c95e2

Who needs to rob a bank?  Just fill in some forms.

A "shameless" benefits cheat who pretended to be disabled and used false identities to fraudulently claim more than £1 million has been jailed.

Christina Pomfrey, of Runcorn, claimed she had multiple sclerosis, was blind and could not dress herself as she swindled the money over 15 years.

At one stage the 65-year-old pretended she was vulnerable after escaping from a community of travellers.

Pomfrey was jailed for three years and eight months at Manchester Crown Court.

She admitted admitted 34 charges including fraud, false accounting and making or supplying articles for use in frauds.

Money laundering

The mother-of-one also admitted laundering £88,994.21 of the money through the bank account of her daughter Aimee Brown, 34.

Brown was given a suspended sentence of 18 months after pleading guilty to money laundering.

Judge Sophie McKone said Pomfrey was "staggeringly dishonest" and guilty of "determined benefit fraud on a substantial scale".

The court heard how at the height of the fraud Pomfrey was claiming £13,000 per month and enjoying holidays, including a trip to Portugal with her husband, clothes and cosmetic treatments.

She used her own name and the name of Christina Brown in falsified documents to claim benefits including incapacity benefit, income support, disability living allowance, housing benefit, and council tax benefit.

Another time she used the name of her husband's former wife who had died in a car accident in 1979.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-52966770

Three years and eight months in prison: meaning one year in an open prison as not a violent crime.

No mention of paying anything back.

Yep, it's a cool million in return for one year in an open prison.

I uspect if you offered the avearge man or woman in the street £1m if they were prepared to spend a year in an open prison then they would take it.

It's the near-perfect crime with the only people losing money being poor mug taxpayer.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I uspect if you offered the avearge man or woman in the street £1m if they were prepared to spend a year in an open prison then they would take it.

It's the near-perfect crime with the only people losing money being poor mug taxpayer.

Yeah, but she'll struggle to get a job on her release with her conviction.  Oh wait......

One of mr spys scum charges Dad (the mums in prison, so Dad has custody) is 'registered blind'

Every day, at pickup time, hes stood outside, looking at his iphone ,texting.

As far as the owmne. She needs all pension stopped and the people in the DSS needs sacking.

All DLA claims need to be reviewed every 3 months.

44 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well that's the way to do it: ONE MILLION POUNDS.

one-million-orders.jpg?itok=fAuBwGrv_112780812_959974b0-48c1-4286-9f1c-c95e2

Who needs to rob a bank?  Just fill in some forms.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-52966770

Three years and eight months in prison: meaning one year in an open prison as not a violent crime.

No mention of paying anything back.

Yep, it's a cool million in return for one year in an open prison.

I read this with seething anger. 

My aunt has very severe MS (I have a mild form) and is paralysed from the neck down. The hoops she has to jump through to get basic help. She'd have to claim for about 60 years to get £1 million

5 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

My aunt has very severe MS (I have a mild form) and is paralysed from the neck down. The hoops she has to jump through to get basic help. She'd have to claim for about 60 years to get £1 million

The system is not fit for purpose.  It is a free money shop for the liars, criminals and scum but an endless succession of hoops through which to jump for the honest person.  That is awful about your aunt but the worst systemic problem of which I heard was for severely autistic people because their assessment comprises a string of questions such as "Can you cath a bus by yourself?".  One common trait of autism is eagerness to please so the autists were over-inflating tehir abilities to please the interviewer with their answers with the end result that they had their benefits withdrawn.

Meanwhile Christina pulls £13k a month to pay for her luxury holidays.

Somebody ?Spy posted about their mother being in hospital and on the same ward were women in their fifties who were deliberately shitting the bed in order to be able to evidence that they couldn't control their bowel movements and so be eligible for a higher level of DLA claim.

Disability needs to be medically evidenced.  If it is purely a case of taking somebody's word for it then they should be wearing a monitoring tag to track their movements.

1 hour ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Perhaps she could employ the fragrant Ms Pomfrey as a form-filling consultant when she emerges from jail.

13 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Perhaps she could employ the fragrant Ms Pomfrey as a form-filling consultant when she emerges from jail.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The system is not fit for purpose.  It is a free money shop for the liars, criminals and scum but an endless succession of hoops through which to jump for the honest person.  That is awful about your aunt but the worst systemic problem of which I heard was for severely autistic people because their assessment comprises a string of questions such as "Can you cath a bus by yourself?".  One common trait of autism is eagerness to please so the autists were over-inflating tehir abilities to please the interviewer with their answers with the end result that they had their benefits withdrawn.

Meanwhile Christina pulls £13k a month to pay for her luxury holidays.

Somebody ?Spy posted about their mother being in hospital and on the same ward were women in their fifties who were deliberately shitting the bed in order to be able to evidence that they couldn't control their bowel movements and so be eligible for a higher level of DLA claim.

Disability needs to be medically evidenced.  If it is purely a case of taking somebody's word for it then they should be wearing a monitoring tag to track their movements.

I can remember dealing with a landlord in my EH days claiming every disability (and benefit) under the sun including arthritis of the back. Didn't stop him carrying 12 bricks at a time up a ladder to rebuild his chimney

Another scumbag near me when I lived in kings Lynn claiming various disability benefits seen cycling with a roof ladder over his shoulder to do his CIH window cleaning. 

Both reported - nothing seemed to happen. Disability badges on their cars still there a year latter......

16 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Great idea......pay her say 10%, perhaps even more as she probably now knows all the pitfalls on how she was caught...... also, just think how much she was helping to  'kickstart' the economy...

?

5 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

I can remember dealing with a landlord in my EH days claiming every disability (and benefit) under the sun including arthritis of the back. Didn't stop him carrying 12 bricks at a time up a ladder to rebuild his chimney

Another scumbag near me when I lived in kings Lynn claiming various disability benefits seen cycling with a roof ladder over his shoulder to do his CIH window cleaning. 

Both reported - nothing seemed to happen. Disability badges on their cars still there a year latter......

Corrupt or just lazy doctor with magic signature and there isn't much that can be done without extensive and detailed proofs. 

A village which was a bit Deliverance-ish not too far from where I was brought up had a pet doctor, he must have been raking it in in backhanders - there were two small streets of council houses, nearly every man in both streets was off long-term with "back pain" but if you drove by they'd be out digging their gardens.

These days with mobile phone videos I'd have thought they'd have to be more careful, but I bet it's very difficult legally to defeat a doctor's signature even when it's obviously wrong.

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Corrupt or just lazy doctor with magic signature and there isn't much that can be done without extensive and detailed proofs. 

A village which was a bit Deliverance-ish not too far from where I was brought up had a pet doctor, he must have been raking it in in backhanders - there were two small streets of council houses, nearly every man in both streets was off long-term with "back pain" but if you drove by they'd be out digging their gardens.

These days with mobile phone videos I'd have thought they'd have to be more careful, but I bet it's very difficult legally to defeat a doctor's signature even when it's obviously wrong.

Plus the buffonary of a gullible court system.

Yes M'lud the backpain only manifests itself Monday to Friday and I cant work weekends cos of childcare commitments. 

Just to push you guys over the edge of anger 

Don’t forget once she is out of prison if she has no means she can reapply for benefits and pay back the overpayment at an affordable level , say £5 per week 😜

If she has means but is actually now disabled no bar on applying for disability benefits