DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

GrumpyHoonMain Mon 08-Jun-20 16:04:32

When I read the books to my sibling we imagined Hermione as black, his friends did too. The movies casting a white girl with curly hair actually made him not want to watch the movie because she was his favourite.

Pretty racist there GrumpyHoon

46 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I'm not sure HP is racist (unless you're Bulgarian - then you're definitely a death eater) but the books were definitely lacking in men who menstruate. 

harry potter was SO racist.

A group of people with special attributes that they were born with (wizards), who have access to special areas, schools, and clubs, that other people without those powers (non wizards) cannot access.  

Sounds like racist privilege to me.  replace the word wizards with white and hey presto.

5 hours ago, wherebee said:

harry potter was SO racist.

A group of people with special attributes that they were born with (wizards), who have access to special areas, schools, and clubs, that other people without those powers (non wizards) cannot access.  

Sounds like racist privilege to me.  replace the word wizards with white and hey presto.

I've only seen a couple of the films, but I didstinctly recall one in which non-wizard kids were referred to as "muggles" and "half-bloods" and looked down on because of their genetics. Only it had absolutely fuck all to do with skin colour. So you could argue that HP stories displayed severe racial discrimination, but the victims in this case were white, black and all the other colours in qual measure.

Obviously the BLM nutjobs wouldn't want to see that rather inconvenient point. But I don't care because JK Rowling is an sjw-in-chief so it's quality entertainment to see her getting set on by her own.

@JackieO I am so glad you brought this up: The entire HP epic is way more than just racist, it appears to be predictive programming set in a framework of Joseph Campbell's Hero’s Journey, only this time paralleling a totalitarian government on the rise colluding with media and academia to viciously subvert every threat to its power base by slandering, imprisoning and murdering those who disagree with the state sanctioned narrative.

Sounds familiar.

Despite the government-controlled school manipulating the curriculum and a ministry persecuting any journalist with opposing views, the protagonists form their own paramilitary resistance group aiming to exercise the people’s suppressed right to bear arms and defend themselves against protected classes who seek to destroy them.

It is worth noting that Hogwarts is one of the least diverse institutions in modern fiction, welcoming only those students who meet certain genetic criteria—namely, magical ability. Hogwarts not only disallows non-magical folk from attending, they strive to keep their magical community secret and separate from mundane humanity, whom they term Muggles or—rather less politely—Mudbloods. When considering the entrenched apartheid policies of her magical realm, Rowling’s egregiously blinkered appeals for the dissolution of national borders and of exclusionary policies based upon genetic and cultural differences are one of the most appalling examples of Do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do in recorded history.

She is the patron saint of hypocrisy.

The HP world promotes the concept of elitism within its own ranks, too: Death Eaters—who parallel Islam in numerous ways—execute all who disagree with them, and routinely torture and enslave those Muggles and magical folk they deem impure. Not all of the students of Hogwart’s House Slytherin are bad people, but all Death Eaters adhere to Slytherin ideology which is incompatible with a moral society.

As a result of the Death Eater coup, sweeping government surveillance is implemented, draconian policies drafted and certain words and speech taboo-ed. By the time the ministry-in-exile get their act together it is too late and only the remnants of the paramilitary group are able to resist and eventually overthrow the Death Eater regime.

All the best stories are drafted from a template that our culture, the Legacy Anglosphere, finds appealing at a molecular level. Rowling tapped into this place to bring forth a tale that shimmers throughout with a soaring and resonant grace, though how she can also maintain an ethos of a far-left progressive feminist globalist is completely beyond me; reading Harry Potter made me conservative as crap.

Edited by Conniption