DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52965974

I saw this today on the BBC website and thought it would be a good dosbods thread to re-ingratiate myself after admitting I am a central heating fan 😊

Looking around my living room I have the TV cabinet & nest of tables from when I moved in 29 years ago (in classic late 80’s black ash laminate!)

My coffee table is the old low level TV and video stand they used to wheel around the department at work to show videos and let me have for free (it’s great having wheels on the coffee table, just pull it up to where you are sitting..and it’s black!)

The three and two seater leather sofas were given to me when someone was upgrading their sofas and were 20 years old when I got them about ten years ago and are solid as a rock. I splashed out on getting a friend to strip, re-colour and re-seal them a couple of years ago for £80 (you can probably guess what colour)

Stereo is 29 years old, and the VCR is still in the TV cabinet, unplugged but filling the hole that the cable box sits on.

The only new additions I can spot are the TV (8 years old), the paint on the walls (3 years), the carpets (6 months) and my new speakers (~3 months). Paying for the new carpets hurt but the old ones were threadbare as I had cheap ones put in 12 years ago.

I am told it still looks smart, perhaps it’s retro....maybe I should put some Athena posters up!

Edited by Kwyjibo