DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)

Well it’s caused chaos and some of my Facebook groups ie punks have lost a lot of members they suspect because they might also like skinhead music but it’s also hit the ska groups lol .just had a friend request from the guy that woody is based on in this is England ffs looks like they got him has well .you could not make this shit up .he has a new alias 

Edited by stokiescum
47 minutes ago, wherebee said:

A couple of groups I follow which are edgy shitposters have disappeared.  Some anarchists, some red pills.

It's all getting very Orwellian.

Your not kidding but the irony being these are people that will burn things if pushed 

2 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Well it’s caused chaos and some of my Facebook groups ie punks have lost a lot of members they suspect because they might also like skinhead music but it’s also hit the ska groups lol .just had a friend request from the guy that woody is based on in this is England ffs looks like they got him has well .you could not make this shit up .he has a new alias 

Wow, you know the original Woody?! 

7 hours ago, wherebee said:

A couple of groups I follow which are edgy shitposters have disappeared.  Some anarchists, some red pills.

It's all getting very Orwellian.

I followed some radio dj who expressed anti BLM views yesterday. Disappeared by the evening. I thought I pressed a wrong button by mistake but now I am not so sure 

Edited by Bear Hug

If it has done this, and I have no reason to doubt it, then Facebook has just put the final nail in its coffin.

It was always going to end up the new Friends Reunited at some point; well that time has come.

The five year share price chart may not be flashing red as yet but the nature of these social media platforms is that they will keep rapidly growing whilst they are the "in" platform amongst the prolifically-consuming generation (18 - 35) and as soon as that stops they start to die.

Look at the growth line 2015 - 2018 and mentally extend that trajectory.  It should be at 300 now.  Instead it has mannaged just ten percent grwoth in two years (mid 2018 - mid 2020).

For a brewer or steel maker that would be great; but for a social media company that is death walking up your garden path whistling and idly swinging its scythe at the lawn edges. 

image.thumb.png.b198473521a59a9509e4b5feb2a198a0.png

23 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Amazing, $238 for one share of  nothing more tangible than a stream of 0110100101110100101100010011s.

That's why it it has to either keep growing or start dying because there is no tangible output.

Somebody will always buy steel but no advertiser has any loyalty to Facebook and it has no residual value when you turn off its servers.

It's genuine; it's made RT:

The deep flaws in Facebook’s moderation system have been thoroughly exposed after it banned a raft of accounts connected to the ska music scene on racism grounds, including that of Neville Staple of The Specials, who is black.

Ska music, which originated in Jamaica, appears to have fallen foul of Facebook’s scattergun system because of its links to skinhead culture, which Facebook seemingly deems to be racist and worthy of a blanket ban. 

Numerous ska musicians and fans, including Staple’s wife Christine, who now performs with her husband, took to Twitter to complain about their accounts having been removed and to ask Facebook for an explanation. 

https://www.rt.com/news/491308-facebook-bans-ska-accounts-neville-staple/

These people are idiots.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's genuine; it's made RT:

https://www.rt.com/news/491308-facebook-bans-ska-accounts-neville-staple/

These people are idiots.

Don`t Ska music have it`s origins in the Afro Caribbean part of the world 

Edit missed that bit xD

The deep flaws in Facebook’s moderation system have been thoroughly exposed after it banned a raft of accounts connected to the ska music scene on racism grounds, including that of Neville Staple of The Specials, who is black.

Edited by Long time lurking
4 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

I don't trust RT.

I'll wait until it's made BBC thanks.

I loved this bit.

38 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Numerous ska musicians and fans, including Staple’s wife Christine, who now performs with her husband, took to Twitter to complain about their accounts having been removed and to ask Facebook for an explanation. 

3 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I haven't been on Faecebook for a while and I feel much better.

I'd only been using it for comedy pages for a while, but it just got depressing with all the anti-Trump, anti-Boris 'jokes'.

Well I like winding them

up it’s free entertainment 

6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

If it has done this, and I have no reason to doubt it, then Facebook has just put the final nail in its coffin.

It was always going to end up the new Friends Reunited at some point; well that time has come.

The five year share price chart may not be flashing red as yet but the nature of these social media platforms is that they will keep rapidly growing whilst they are the "in" platform amongst the prolifically-consuming generation (18 - 35) and as soon as that stops they start to die.

I was surprised at Mark Zuckerberg's reaction when Trump signed the EO to remove social media "CDA s.203" legal protection recently. Twitter didn't seem that bothered but Zuckerberg was very anti.

A minor paragraph in the EO says no more Federal money allowed to be spent on major social media platforms. It's my guess that Twitter doesn't depend on it whereas Facebook does. 

I always felt that Facebook could only get to the power and importance that it did via government subsidy overt or covert, and now it's income is heavily reduced or gone. OK adverts, but really? they got be worth eleventy trillion dollars because adverts?

4 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I haven't been on Faecebook for a while and I feel much better.

I'd only been using it for comedy pages for a while, but it just got depressing with all the anti-Trump, anti-Boris 'jokes'.

The problem with Facebook is other people... what I mean by that is over the years anybody who bangs on about stuff will tend to get a swift removal from me. But unfortunately some of the people I do like will comment on something and you then get to see all these other people again chipping in. I'm about as low as I can go with "friends" on there, but that means having to still see a load of bollocks.

The only problem is there are a couple of things I do socially which if you are not on Facebook is very difficult to take part in or keep track of. If it wasn't for those I'd ditch it in a heart beat.

My dog has a Facebook page. It was set up as an option to keep in touch with my daughter when she left home for uni. I gathered a few “friends” over the years.....all people I know in real life. Gradually I ticked the unfollow option on most of them so I didn’t have to look at the endless crap they posted.

Daughter doesn’t use Facebook much now at all. I like the marketplace section of Facebook when looking for second hand stuff. That’s all I really use it for now.