• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Conniption

Kicked to the Kerb or Letting Them Go: Blue-Pilled Friends and Family

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, snaga said:

MSM is bombarding viewers with their single narrative, they are using cult tactics to convert people. It's sickening to observe, and seems beyond fiction.

what unsettles me is how susceptible they were to this single narrative—presumably all along—as well as how and why I was immune. I just never caught the facebook/twitter/instagram et al bug, nor did I ever have much interest in broadcast media. Not bragging, just bemused.

Edited by Conniption
nothing dries sooner than a tear

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Most people that I know have many facets to them.

I have know the odd person who is pretty much single note but I generally avoid them whether I agree with them or not; e.g. supports the same football club but obsessively so and is always going on about it.

The entirety of what you wrote was both comprehensive and comforting. You are a fortunate man. I only seem to know one-note people IRL.

Whenever they have come up as a topic of conversation I will always note that I like Brexit, Farage, and Trump and then if somebody is a Globalist Remainer but still a decent person we will from then on not bring up subjects where we know that we will disagree and instead talk about other things so that the conversation remains pleasant.  The topics aren't censored but we both know that the other has such opposed views on these topics that it's fruitless to discuss them.

That sort of self-assurance is rare nowadays. You clearly have a well-established crap-tolerance level and the will to stand by it.

To personalise it a friend has been having trouble with their kid - drugs, law - but because I know that she is very unhappy about it I never mention them in conversation.  She knows that I know but that I am too polite to mention it.

I think that's how all reasonable people behave; anyone who doesn't behave like that I don't wish to know.

That's the thing, reasonable people. I see now they have always been in short supply for me.

Problems come when personal interaction is stripped of all its complexity within social media - specifically short form social media so Facebook and Twitter - because within that the areas of difference between lose all nuance and become magnified.  It serves to divide people; I would respond to an anti Trump meme with a pro Trump meme, to a Refugees Welcome with a Refugees Fuck Off and so on.

People are reduced to caricatures and treat others in the same way.  They then get angry and bitter and this spills over into real life.

Of course, thank you, this makes so much sense and underscores my experience of why so many people treat others like disposable lighters nowadays.

There are people, including relatives, with whom I do not wish to spend much time but this is because of their characters rather than their views.

Same here, times infinity.

I've been an outlier about most things my whole life (probably on the spectrum but not about to start crying about it like I'm encouraged too) so feeling like I'm sat watching 'mob mentality' gain momentum isn't unusual for me, but the strength of the feeling in recent times is new.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

If I meet somebody new at a personal rather than a work level (it is rare because I'm never looking to meet new people), I will try to get as much about me that might trigger the person into the first few moments.

I'm encouraging the person to dislike me .

If they don't recoil in horror then it's all good.

Saves me a lot of wasted time.

This is inspiring. Striving to be as you described above has accelerated me right through the grief and doubt stage and now it feels like freedom. 

It feels like, Hey, no great loss after all.

It feels like, Hey, I don't have to pretend these people are normal anymore.

Edited by Conniption

I haven't 'dumped' anyone specifically but with most people I just don't talk about certain subjects.

What's encouraging is I have been able to 'red pill' a couple of friends about the BBC, to the point where I now get texts from them pointing out incidents of bias etc. I get the feeling that they were groping towards this on their own but needed the reassurance of someone else who saw it too.

It's especially nice that one of them comes from academia as well.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I haven't 'dumped' anyone specifically but with most people I just don't talk about certain subjects.

What's encouraging is I have been able to 'red pill' a couple of friends about the BBC, to the point where I now get texts from them pointing out incidents of bias etc. I get the feeling that they were groping towards this on their own but needed the reassurance of someone else who saw it too.

Oi

Bit academicist

Edited by Hopeful

1 hour ago, Conniption said:

what unsettles me is how susceptible they were to this single narrative—presumably all along—as well as how and why I was immune. I just never caught the facebook/twitter/instagram et al bug, nor did I ever have much interest in broadcast media. Not bragging, just bemused.

I've come to suspect this immunity is innate, although I don't know what attribute it represents. I have it, a very few friends of mine have it, my daughters have it (I guess partly genetic, partly environmental). I used to say to friends that maybe one percent of the people I met were capable of truly independent thought. That hasn't changed.

I don't bother attempting to change minds, either, for various reasons. Better to see which way the wind is blowing and make plans accordingly, and remain mobile in case circumstances change for the worse. I've emigrated twice in the past 12 years, may well do so again if the circumstances demand it.

39 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” - Charles MacKay.

I have friends from all walks of life ,those involved in or working for the public sector or big corporations are mostly lefty leaning facefuck merchants 

The other half work in the real world and are on the whole level headed and realistic,apart from some still believing Labour are the party of the working class:PissedOff: 

Most of if not all of the first group have been through UNI at some point and are generally 5-10 years younger than me 

The second group have either made their own way or have a trade and a few are black/mixed race ,there is very little if any overlap in views regarding the two groups 

Basically they all know i don`t do Pompous Cunt and don`t give a fuck what people think, i have no real problems with any of them regarding my views apart from the fact out of all of the first group i never had a wedding invite from any of them xD

Lot of people have accused me of being alt- right online which is amusing as I'll put up zero hedge/spiked / styxhexxenhammer articles.  I don't go full on trump,  farage support but most people know where i stand politically on brexit. 

It's interesting i don't get accused of being racist,  being mixed race,  i think this causes cognitive dissonance why i don't follow the identity politics line.  I know a guy with similar views as me except he's apparently a racist and a white supremacist. 

Most of the lefty morons are in the academia/ full on SJW sector/ present or recent university indoctrination camp. 

People who have similar views as me are in working class professions (of all ethnicities) , or who take part in competitive combat sports (Where progress,  success depends on hard work,  persistence and graft) .

Funny that isn't it