DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I'm amazed, and depressed by the fact the police in America didn't put these "protests" down straight away.

There's so much they could, and should have done, firing tear gas, shooting rioters and looters with water cannons,using their non-lethal energy/sound weapons, or just blowing a bunch of them away using more traditional means. 

I see it as harm reduction, even if a hundred looters and rioters were shot dead, and another couple of hundred were maimed, that's still less had than what harm has been caused with their lack of any sort of proper reaction, and what harm has still to be seen. 

Edited by Carl Fimble
Sp

This is something I never understand about the Americans. They have the right to bear arms but then when there is civil strife, rioting and looting they don't go out there in militias and kill every last piece of shit on the streets.

What is the point of being allowed to form armed militias if you don't use them when your country is being attacked?

1 minute ago, deathfunk said:

This is something I never understand about the Americans. They have the right to bear arms but then when there is civil strife, rioting and looting they don't go out there in militias and kill every last piece of shit on the streets.

What is the point of being allowed to form armed militias if you don't use them when your country is being attacked?

You have seen what the establishment has done to the police?  I’m guessing that they don’t want to involve themselves but if the mob turned up at their door, they would be all guns blazing. 

1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

weren't the riots in democrat areas ? So there was an incentive to let it burn to harm Trump

Sort of. The chief of police answers to the elected Mayor, not Trump. Trump has far less power over local issues than we are led to believe. 

It crops up in one of the letters to America that I will post in the quiet place in the next few days. 

1 hour ago, Battenberg said:

I had an idea yesterday, on how to deal with the protests, when the song below came on my Spotify. I just wanted to dance.

Someone should get some bloody big speakers and blast cheerful music through them. 

Feel free to suggest a tune.

That's better than shooting a lot of people, I'd say. 

2 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

I'm amazed, and depressed by the fact the police in America didn't put these "protests" down straight away.

There's so much they could, and should have done, firing tear gas, shooting rioters and looters with water cannons,using their non-lethal energy/sound weapons, or just blowing a bunch of them away using more traditional means. 

I see it as harm reduction, even if a hundred looters and rioters were shot dead, and another couple of hundred were maimed, that's still less had than what harm has been caused with their lack of any sort of proper reaction, and what harm has still to be seen. 

Your humanity is touching. Shooting hundreds of people, really?  Tear gas, watercannon, sound weapons and a bit of a kicking, maybe, as obviously looters and rioters aren't innocent, but shooting them, no, unless they fire on the police.

Even in the US, police rule is by consent to some extent, remember the populace is armed. The US police have removed all their own authority by allowing people like that pig Chauvin to be in the force, and they've been that way since forever.  Right now they're probably all afraid for their futures, reform is coming, so they won't feel confident that If they wade in military-style and put down the protests they'll get the backup for it.

Likewise all the chiefs that might order them to wade in fear the judgement of the Twitterati.

Also, if you worked for Trump, would you trust him not to throw you to the wolves if things went against you? Being a president/boss with that kind of style has it's limits - your underlings know that you have no loyalty, so why would they show it to you?

2 hours ago, One percent said:

It’s deliberate. They are fomenting discontent. Why?  Fuck only knows but it looks like the deliberate destruction of civilised society to me.  

Blue states Red states look what colour the states which seen the worst trouble were

There`s an election soon

Edited by Long time lurking
21 minutes ago, ccc said:

Trump. Orange man. November.

It couldn't be any more obvious. 

I do think it will back fire.

It already has ,he told the governors to sort it out or the army will 

He put the onus right on their laps they were only ever going to look like they failed if they did not do sort it out 

3 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That's better than shooting a lot of people, I'd say. 

Your humanity is touching. Shooting hundreds of people, really?  Tear gas, watercannon, sound weapons and a bit of a kicking, maybe, as obviously looters and rioters aren't innocent, but shooting them, no, unless they fire on the police.

Even in the US, police rule is by consent to some extent, remember the populace is armed. The US police have removed all their own authority by allowing people like that pig Chauvin to be in the force, and they've been that way since forever.  Right now they're probably all afraid for their futures, reform is coming, so they won't feel confident that If they wade in military-style and put down the protests they'll get the backup for it.

Likewise all the chiefs that might order them to wade in fear the judgement of the Twitterati.

Also, if you worked for Trump, would you trust him not to throw you to the wolves if things went against you? Being a president/boss with that kind of style has it's limits - your underlings know that you have no loyalty, so why would they show it to you?

Fuck them, they’d be given warnings, which is more than treacherous enemy combatants deserve. 

It could have been put down on the first night, and people would respect the USA. As it stands they’ve allowed the destruction of decent citizens property, allowed violence and anarchy to grow, and made their enemies stronger and more confident. 

3 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Fuck them, they’d be given warnings, which is more than treacherous enemy combatants deserve. 

It could have been put down on the first night, and people would respect the USA. As it stands they’ve allowed the destruction of decent citizens property, allowed violence and anarchy to grow, and made their enemies stronger and more confident. 

If you look back through all of human history, the last 75 years in the west are the outlier.  Lets look at the human story of civilisation of the past 3000 years.  In every single year except the last 75, what we have seen in the USA would have resulted in mass deaths of the protestors by the government.  Hell, after the 1st world war, Patton even lead horse and tank charges against ex-army protestors in Washington and killed a number of them, and those soldiers had a legitimate complaint by all accounts (unlike the Black Lies Matter mob).

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/when-patton-rolled-tanks-over-veterans-in-washington-d-c-77fdc23a1159

The problem is that many of the people protesting today, whether on FB, Twitter, or in the Street, have NO idea of history and NO idea how lucky they are.  There are two roads out of this:

1 -  a strongman arises who says fuck it, and the tanks roll

2 -  the protestors 'win' and take control.  see 1 for what happens then, but the people being crushed will be different

That's it.  There is no route out now except back to the norm - which is the government killing people.

^^ You believe the US police have no issues to answer in terms of quality control of their recruits, quality of their training and quality of their complaints procedures? 

All this shit about history and slavers etc is bollocks, but the quality and fairness of policing is critical to maintain civil order. 

You can’t stop people like Chauvin from existing, but you can stop them from being in the police. 

44 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

^^ You believe the US police have no issues to answer in terms of quality control of their recruits, quality of their training and quality of their complaints procedures? 

All this shit about history and slavers etc is bollocks, but the quality and fairness of policing is critical to maintain civil order. 

You can’t stop people like Chauvin from existing, but you can stop them from being in the police. 

No, you can't.  You can minimise the numbers, but you can never get to 100%.  

And frankly, the US police in many areas are effectively policing a war zone.  I think it is amazing they don't crack more often.

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

No, you can't.  You can minimise the numbers, but you can never get to 100%.  

And frankly, the US police in many areas are effectively policing a war zone.  I think it is amazing they don't crack more often.

Agreed. Saying you can stop sociopath / psychopaths from being in the police is like saying you can stop them being politicians or in the boardroom.

The problem being they have precisely the skills to get there in the first place. 

9 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Then ask yourself a simple question ,who would be in charge after the next election ,the very same people who are behind the loony left the appeasers 

And like i said Red states and Blue states the states are in charge of policing each state the lack of response at first in some states was driven by a political agenda 

Edited by Long time lurking