DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Really shit rightmove ads

Sometimes estate agents surpass themselves. The one bed maisonette that had the prime feature as being in a great school catchment area was a good example.

What made the agents think that the first two pictures would help to sell the property best?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-80783185.html

Any other examples?

3 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Sometimes estate agents surpass themselves. The one bed maisonette that had the prime feature as being in a great school catchment area was a good example.

What made the agents think that the first two pictures would help to sell the property best?

Any other examples?

Are you tired of living in 1970 already? Can't imagine Newport would be better!

In answer to the question, perhaps they're hoping to attract someone who wants to practice cricket in the garden?  

6 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Are you tired of living in 1970 already? Can't imagine Newport would be better!

In answer to the question, perhaps they're hoping to attract someone who wants to practice cricket in the garden?  

Newport is in the Isle of Wight.

4 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Any other examples?

They have decided to push social distancing in the garden, to try attract someone currently stuck in a flat.

6 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Any other examples?

I think the temp just uploaded the pictures from last to first. 

I used Purplebricks to sell last home and did all viewings myself. They also let you set the order for photos and text on RM. I phoned 5 EAs and none of them would do for less than 1.5% (£8k!), so went with Purplebricks, did most of it myself, and it cost £900ish. Don’t know why anyone would use an EA unless very high end property. 

10 minutes ago, SomersetMatt said:

I used Purplebricks to sell last home and did all viewings myself. They also let you set the order for photos and text on RM. I phoned 5 EAs and none of them would do for less than 1.5% (£8k!), so went with Purplebricks, did most of it myself, and it cost £900ish. Don’t know why anyone would use an EA unless very high end property. 

Yes, dictionary definition of money for old rope, as is conveyancing.

15 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Any other examples?

I briefly heard yesterday on the radio that as a result of lockdown agents are seeing a ''huge surge in demand'' (TM) for properties with gardens, which probably accounts for the garden pics being front and centre.

9 hours ago, SomersetMatt said:

The photos are really bad. I'd want to choose my own photographer I think, which is probably possible.