DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

When I Grow up I want to be.....

When I was a kid I desperately wanted to be an astronaut... pretty useless when you consider that I'm nervous of flying (I must've flown over 200 x in my life so far).   

Or a paleontologist.

How close did you come to your dream job?

BTW... I know there are a lot of IT nerds on here and although it's not associated with 'dream' jobs I doth my cap (most of the time) regarding Logic X ,when I see what you guys are capable of.  

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always wanted to run a construction company in Cambodia.

That isn't to say I'm not aiming high in other arenas. My careers advisor Mrs Alyson a double hatting science teacher at school in reply to me telling her I wanted to be a banker swiftly put me back i

My daughter decided some time ago that she wants to do bio-mechanical engineering and work with prosthetics. That's pretty fucking specific for an eleven year old.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, maynardgravy said:

When I was a kid I desperately wanted to be an astronaut... pretty useless when you consider that I'm nervous of flying (I must've flown over 200 x in my life so far).   

Or a paleontologist.

BTW... I know there are a lot of IT nerds on here and although it's not associated with 'dream' jobs I doth my cap (most of the time) regarding Logic X ,when I see what you guys are capable of.  

RAF fighter pilot, but slight medical issue put a stop to me ever passing medical before I began.

Nearest I got was flying chipmunks in the ATC, once with an off duty Jaguar pilot. Complete with machine gun noises in headphones while mock dogfighting Battle of Britain style, which was a hoot at 14.

5 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

RAF fighter pilot, but slight medical issue put a stop to me ever passing medical before I began.

Nearest I got was flying chipmunks in the ATC, once with an off duty Jaguar pilot. Complete with machine gun noises in headphones while mock dogfighting Battle of Britain style, which was a hoot at 14.

Still sounds awesome - wasn't colour blindness was it? Only ask as I have it.

30 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Or a paleontologist.

When asked as a kid what I wanted to do, my answer was X. Interestingly, it was something I knew nothing about as a kid and had no contact with through family.

Did it. I think I've had a good life so far. Obviously, not as charmed a life as if I was a Richard Branson or a landed gentry. But I'm happy even though I sometimes moan.

My problem is that I'm a bit of a spilt personality - with goals that would be mutually exclusive for most conventional people. However, I seem to have got away with being unconventional even though it's caused a bumpy ride, which means I have to be very self sufficient as I don't 'fit in' and seem to make enemies rather than friends.

Still have more goals. Hope I achieve them, will be frustrated if i don't.

I seem to have avoided too much responsibility, which is good.

Edited by Hopeful
4 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

When asked as a kid what I wanted to do, my answer was X. Interestingly, it was something I knew nothing about as a kid and had no contact with through family.

Did it. I think I've had a good life so far. Obviously, not as charmed a life as if I was a Richard Branson or a landed gentry. But I'm happy even though I sometimes moan.

My problem is that I'm a bit of a spilt personality - with goals that would be mutually exclusive for most conventional people, but i seem to have got away with being unconventional, even though it's caused a bumpy ride meaning I have to be very self sufficient as I don't 'fit in' and seem to have enemies rather than friends.

Still have more goals. Hope I achieve them, will be frustrated if i don't.

I seem to have avoided too much responsibility, which is good.

What is 'x'?

2 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Wow... you're famous ain';t ya.... like me :D

Infamy, infamy they always had it in for me

Just now, The XYY Man said:

What, is it like some speech impediment...?

Ah, I get it. You're Jonathon Woss…

XYY

Nah,

I'm not that well known ponce

I'm the other one