Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

When I Grow up I want to be.....


Recommended Posts

When I was a kid I desperately wanted to be an astronaut... pretty useless when you consider that I'm nervous of flying (I must've flown over 200 x in my life so far).   

Or a paleontologist.

How close did you come to your dream job?

 

BTW... I know there are a lot of IT nerds on here and although it's not associated with 'dream' jobs I doth my cap (most of the time) regarding Logic X ,when I see what you guys are capable of.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always wanted to run a construction company in Cambodia.

That isn't to say I'm not aiming high in other arenas. My careers advisor Mrs Alyson a double hatting science teacher at school in reply to me telling her I wanted to be a banker swiftly put me back i

My daughter decided some time ago that she wants to do bio-mechanical engineering and work with prosthetics. That's pretty fucking specific for an eleven year old.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, maynardgravy said:

When I was a kid I desperately wanted to be an astronaut... pretty useless when you consider that I'm nervous of flying (I must've flown over 200 x in my life so far).   

Or a paleontologist.

How close did you come to your dream job?

 

BTW... I know there are a lot of IT nerds on here and although it's not associated with 'dream' jobs I doth my cap (most of the time) regarding Logic X ,when I see what you guys are capable of.  

RAF fighter pilot, but slight medical issue put a stop to me ever passing medical before I began.

Nearest I got was flying chipmunks in the ATC, once with an off duty Jaguar pilot. Complete with machine gun noises in headphones while mock dogfighting Battle of Britain style, which was a hoot at 14.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

RAF fighter pilot, but slight medical issue put a stop to me ever passing medical before I began.

Nearest I got was flying chipmunks in the ATC, once with an off duty Jaguar pilot. Complete with machine gun noises in headphones while mock dogfighting Battle of Britain style, which was a hoot at 14.

Still sounds awesome - wasn't colour blindness was it? Only ask as I have it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

When I was a kid I desperately wanted to be an astronaut... pretty useless when you consider that I'm nervous of flying (I must've flown over 200 x in my life so far).   

Or a paleontologist.

How close did you come to your dream job?

 

BTW... I know there are a lot of IT nerds on here and although it's not associated with 'dream' jobs I doth my cap (most of the time) regarding Logic X ,when I see what you guys are capable of.  

When asked as a kid what I wanted to do, my answer was X. Interestingly, it was something I knew nothing about as a kid and had no contact with through family.

Did it. I think I've had a good life so far. Obviously, not as charmed a life as if I was a Richard Branson or a landed gentry. But I'm happy even though I sometimes moan.

My problem is that I'm a bit of a spilt personality - with goals that would be mutually exclusive for most conventional people. However, I seem to have got away with being unconventional even though it's caused a bumpy ride, which means I have to be very self sufficient as I don't 'fit in' and seem to make enemies rather than friends.

Still have more goals. Hope I achieve them, will be frustrated if i don't.

I seem to have avoided too much responsibility, which is good.

Edited by Hopeful
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

When asked as a kid what I wanted to do, my answer was X. Interestingly, it was something I knew nothing about as a kid and had no contact with through family.

Did it. I think I've had a good life so far. Obviously, not as charmed a life as if I was a Richard Branson or a landed gentry. But I'm happy even though I sometimes moan.

My problem is that I'm a bit of a spilt personality - with goals that would be mutually exclusive for most conventional people, but i seem to have got away with being unconventional, even though it's caused a bumpy ride meaning I have to be very self sufficient as I don't 'fit in' and seem to have enemies rather than friends.

Still have more goals. Hope I achieve them, will be frustrated if i don't.

I seem to have avoided too much responsibility, which is good.

What is 'x'?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Wow... you're famous ain';t ya.... like me :D

Infamy, infamy they always had it in for me

Just now, The XYY Man said:

What, is it like some speech impediment...?

Ah, I get it. You're Jonathon Woss…

 

XYY

Nah,

I'm not that well known ponce

I'm the other one

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...