DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Offensive tv shows/personalities you would remove and replace

Not sure there’s gonna be much left to watch by the end of this exercise but here we go.

Please remove Gary Linaker, well any sport other than darts and snooker. I suppose Des Lynam can stay for the football results old times sake. They can replace with reruns of Buffy if easier than having to find some actual entertainment.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have found The One Show to be offensive because it is so incredibly amateurish and dreadful.  The presenters, Matt Baker and Alex Jones IIRC, appear to be either heavily sedated or to have been lobo

I am  not for removing anybody but we ought to let the BBC and Channel 4 be privatised, then the British public will decide if it wants to consume anti British propaganda. In my opinion this woul

I am not for removing any individual or show. I am for there being equal numbers of presenters, actors, journalists, shows that present views which are not the one agenda that has been force-fed Weste

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

Channel 4 News.

Loose Women.

Any BBC output with the exception of BBC 4.

I'm afraid I'd keep Question of Sport

Just for Sue Barker

And Countryfile

Just for Ellie Harrison

Not that I have a TV, but they are in my image bank.

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Not that I have a TV, but they are in my image bank.

The tabloid press ensures that you don't need to watch shows or even have a TV to be familiar with shows.

The amount of coverage meant that I felt I had watched Killing Eve and The Bodyguard and whatever happens on Good Morning Britain (Susanna Reid, Piers Morgan) or that Holly and Phil show is reported upon daily as if it is vital news.

I am not for removing any individual or show. I am for there being equal numbers of presenters, actors, journalists, shows that present views which are not the one agenda that has been force-fed Western populations in recent times.

Give people an alternative viewpoint and see which shows and people are watched.

Shows like Star Trek, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Supergirl, Flash, etc, have gone full on destroying the male, often white male, role model of their main characters and what has happened - audience numbers have plunged off a cliff. 

This is separate to my thoughts on the funding of the BBC and Channel 4 which, as they now are anti-British propaganda machines IMPO, no one should be forced to fund. Get rid of Gary Lineker, Nicky Campbell, Maitlus, Marr and ALL the rest but do so by removing the unrivalled platform they have, and fabulous wealth from it, that we are all forced to pay for.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am not for removing any individual or show. I am for there being equal numbers of presenters, actors, journalists, shows that present views which are not the one agenda that has been force-fed Western populations in recent times.

Give people an alternative viewpoint and see which shows and people are watched.

Shows like Star Trek, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Supergirl, Flash, etc, have gone full on destroying the male, often white male, role model of their main characters and what has happened - audience numbers have plunged off a cliff. 

This is separate to my thoughts on the funding of the BBC and Channel 4 which, as they now are anti-British propaganda machines IMPO, no one should be forced to fund. Get rid of Gary Lineker, Nicky Campbell, Maitlus, Marr and ALL the rest but do so by removing the unrivalled platform they have, and fabulous wealth from it, that we are all forced to pay for.

I am  not for removing anybody but we ought to let the BBC and Channel 4 be privatised, then the British public will decide if it wants to consume anti British propaganda.

In my opinion this would be a vanishingly small percentage of the popultion.

6 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I am  not for removing anybody but we ought to let the BBC and Channel 4 be privatised, then the British public will decide if it wants to consume anti British propaganda.

In my opinion this would be a vanishingly small percentage of the popultion.

Indeed, the newspaper circulation records give you a good indication of how many subscribe to the BBC worldview.

It's a small minority that has taken over what genuinely used to be the voice of the nation; it's now the voice of Islington.

44 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I have found The One Show to be offensive because it is so incredibly amateurish and dreadful.  The presenters, Matt Baker and Alex Jones IIRC, appear to be either heavily sedated or to have been lobotomised and the subjects covered - tragedy to light humour in an instant - make That's Life appear to be a towering achievement of civilisation.

That doesn't just happen; it has to be some kind of experiment upon the viewing public to see if some people will watch anything however dire.

This clip beautifully encapsulates the show; as Mel Brooks says it is "nuts".

Children's TV for adults.

It's a little window in to how the BBC sees their audience.

Anything remotely challenging is spirited away to a late night slot on BBC2.

18 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

BBC and Channel 4 which, as they now are anti-British propaganda machines IMPO,

I don't like them because of their guaranteed stupid drivel whenever I turn on the TV at random. Absolutely guaranteed. 

Having said that I can't see how you call that anti British propaganda. I have never heard them attack the UK Union. I call it ordinary routine bullshit, sometimes with and sometimes without extra SJW flavour. 

I wish there were some anti British propaganda but they all support the status quo and suck up to Westminster politicians of whichever party. England for the English. 

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

I don't like them because of their guaranteed stupid drivel whenever I turn on the TV at random. Absolutely guaranteed. 

Having said that I can't see how you call that anti British propaganda. I have never heard them attack the UK Union. I call it ordinary routine bullshit, sometimes with and sometimes without extra SJW flavour. 

I wish there were some anti British propaganda but they all support the status quo and suck up to Westminster politicians of whichever party. England for the English. 

You don't consider the promotion of the BLM protests by Channel 4 and the BBC to be anti British propaganda?

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The tabloid press ensures that you don't need to watch shows or even have a TV to be familiar with shows.

The amount of coverage meant that I felt I had watched Killing Eve and The Bodyguard and whatever happens on Good Morning Britain (Susanna Reid, Piers Morgan) or that Holly and Phil show is reported upon daily as if it is vital news.

I had you down as more of a broadsheet guy Frank..   annual subscription to the daily Star?  

I hear page 3 babe Danielle Mason is close to tears spreading herself over vandalised war memorials in 6 raunchy poses..  

3 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

You don't consider the promotion of the BLM protests by Channel 4 and the BBC to be anti British propaganda?

No I consider it to be horrible woke SJW line-toeing crap. I don't see a specific relevance to the thankfully declining political union we (for shorthand) call "Britain".  

3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I had you down as more of a broadsheet guy Frank..   annual subscription to the daily Star?  

I hear page 3 babe Danielle Mason is close to tears spreading herself over vandalised war memorials in 6 raunchy poses..  

My only bought paper is an occasional Mail.

I used to read the Telegraph and Mail online and when the Telegraph switched to a semi-paywall model I replaced it with the Sun.

If I want informed discussion and the detail behind the story then I get that from here.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

My only bought paper is an occasional Mail.

I used to read the Telegraph and Mail online and when the Telegraph switched to a semi-paywall model I replaced it with the Sun.

If I want informed discussion and the detail behind the story then I get that from here.

I quite like the Mail. Never thought I'd say that. I mean the website, I have never read the actual print paper. 

Just now, Funn3r said:

No I consider it to be horrible woke SJW line-toeing crap. I don't see a specific relevance to the thankfully declining political union we (for shorthand) call "Britain".  

The broadcaster used to reflect the continuation of thousands of years of slowly advancing British culture that began with the first stories and myths told by the hunter gatherers as Britain was revealed by the retreating ice.

It is now peddling a mongrel global culture whilst sneering at and denigrating the British culture from which it arose.

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

I quite like the Mail. Never thought I'd say that. I mean the website, I have never read the actual print paper. 

The printed paper is better because all those celebrity gossip sidebar stories are relegated to a page and a half upon which you can simply turn the page.