Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

13 June protest. Let’s gather the reports of violence here


Recommended Posts

Thought that it might be worthwhile having a thread for today’s protest. I feel that it may get very nasty. 
 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8415101/BLM-activists-DEFY-Boris-Johnsons-calls-abandon-protests.html

Met Police have imposed a curfew on Black Lives Matter activists who are expected to march in London today amid an increasingly rancorous national debate over the proper place of statues with links to Britain's colonial past - and despite warnings from Boris Johnson not to break social distancing rules.   

Senior police officers have warned that any violence 'will not be tolerated' amid fears of clashes with pro-statue protesters who are also due to gather in the capital to defend' monuments. 

BLM has already cancelled a planned march in Hyde Park this afternoon over fears it would result in clashes with far-right groups but the police said several protests are still scheduled in the capital, with a strict curfew of 5pm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the comment below: Amazing isn’t it how they built everything, but absolutely nothing when they were in Africa.

I actually have no idea what happened today. I have been listening to LBC and sad to say I no longer trust a word they say. It is very weird that in the information age I feel more devoid of

Posted Images

If you saw a copper getting kicked in by BLM thugs, check the rank first.  Anything above sergeant, leave them to it.  Any female coppers who don't look like a brick shithouse, leave them to it.  Any male coppers that look like they'd blow away in a stiff breeze, leave them to it.

 

In my experience, those are the major cohorts needing a dose of reality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wherebee said:

If you saw a copper getting kicked in by BLM thugs, check the rank first.  Anything above sergeant, leave them to it.  Any female coppers who don't look like a brick shithouse, leave them to it.  Any male coppers that look like they'd blow away in a stiff breeze, leave them to it.

 

In my experience, those are the major cohorts needing a dose of reality.

Spot on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That 5pm curfew looks like a really bad strategy.

If everyone ignores it, as is highly likely, there's not a lot that the police can do about and they will again look impotent as they did when Edward Colston's statue was pulled down in an act of criminal damage whilst they just stood there and watched.

They claimed a public order motivation but the reality is that public order had already broken down and they were simply scared because they were outnumbered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chicker said:

I'm going without an agenda. I want to see what type of police force are there. Will they be the touchy feely dancing kneeling lot or the revised version of the SPG. (Showing my age..).

At the moment 50 something white blokes are the target - let us see if the police will protect me and allow me freedom of speech.

My expectations are low. 

 

 

 

 

take a wallet with only minimal materials in.  One credit card, or better still a credit card with a low balance limit.  One form of ID.  A piece of paper with an emergency contact number (no addresses).  write the number of a lawyer on your forearm in pen before you go.

 

good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I would be the same. Be very interested to hear boots on the ground experience. Stay as safe as you can down there and please get back to us when you can.

Even though I have been invited to join "groups" attending , I'm going on my own  and without any obvious displays of allegiance.  That won't matter because my age and colour will pre determine why I am there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chicker said:

Unfortunately the Antifa have that planned for you already - today London , tomorrow your town.

It's not antifa that put me off. The whole experience of going to London is completely alien to me. If I had my way we'd build a fucking great wall all round the M25 and let the fuckers who like it there have that as their own state.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wherebee said:

take a wallet with only minimal materials in.  One credit card, or better still a credit card with a low balance limit.  One form of ID.  A piece of paper with an emergency contact number (no addresses).  write the number of a lawyer on your forearm in pen before you go.

 

good luck.

Thanks for the advice.  Going to take cash, oyster card with little on it  and good advice on contact number (s). Thanks.

Could do with hard hat as full water bottles  being thrown  seem the most likely way to get injured. Or maybe a truncheon. Depends on the day,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

It's not antifa that put me off. The whole experience of going to London is completely alien to me. If I had my way we'd build a fucking great wall all round the M25 and let the fuckers who like it there have that as their own state.

Unfortunately I'm a native of that island that exists within the M25.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chicker said:

... my age and colour will pre determine why I am there.

You  could always black up. :)

Seriously though, take care. I hope you'll be filming most of the time. Perhaps from an upstairs balcony or something?

Hat? Cycle helmet rather than antifa style?

 

Edited by DocH
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DocH said:

You  could always black up. :)

Seriously though, take care. I hope you'll be filming most of the time. Perhaps from an upstairs balcony or something?

Hat? Cycle helmet rather than antifa style?

 

The best is to go in company so you have someone watching your back as the football firms do for their members.

On your own it's better to stay slightly apart and watch IMO.

London crowds have knives in them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Cycle helmet and bike pump 👍

And tena lady pants. They provide some protection against a kick in the balls and if the plod kettle you in somewhere you can just open another tinnie and piss yourself while everyone around you is desperately trying to hold on. If you're going to riot you might as well do it in comfort.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...