• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Austin Allegro

David Attenborough is now racist

Posted (edited)

Sit back and enjoy your popcorn folks as the left continues to eat itself:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8412895/David-Attenborough-WWF-charity-video-deleted-racism-fears.html

Also confirms what I've been saying for a while, that any talk of population control is now off limits for racial reasons; and yet 'population control' for westerners in the form of free contraception and free abortion-on-demand is considered acceptable in nearly all  countries.

Edited by Austin Allegro

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Sit back and enjoy your popcorn folks as the left continues to eat itself:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8412895/David-Attenborough-WWF-charity-video-deleted-racism-fears.html

Also confirms what I've been saying for a while, that any talk of population control is now off limits for racial reasons; and yet 'population control' for westerners in the form of free contraception and free abortion-on-demand is considered acceptable in nearly all  countries.

More People Live Inside This Circle Than Outside Of It – Brilliant ...

https://brilliantmaps.com/population-circle/

Edited by sarahbell

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Bollywood still isn't happy with couples kissing in films and Orientals are the least huggy/kissy people on earth so I find it exceedingly strange how the cultures with the strongest and most enduring rules against public expressions of affection have the largest populations, and by a long shot.

Edited by Conniption
whole lot of canoodling going on

8 minutes ago, Conniption said:

Bollywood still isn't happy with couples kissing in films and Orientals are the least huggy/kissy people on earth so I find it exceedingly strange how the cultures with the strongest and most enduring rules against public expressions of affection have the largest populations, and by a long shot.

Probably summat to do with shagging mate.

Posted (edited)

An interesting thought -- I've no idea of what the answer is, it is just interesting.

What is the full environmental impact of a person born in 'year x', including all of their offspring, and all of their offspring, etc.  

So, for a person born in 1945:

• In the UK (baby boomer) they'll have all of the 'high CO2' 1960's, etc, but only have '2.5 children' (or whatever) per couple*, each of whom will contribute 2.5 children (per couple).  So, 'today' their personal impact might be 4** or so people, all doing 2020-UK levels of 'climate bad stuff'.
  • In India (for eg) it might be the same person born in 1945 (lots of low carbon existence), but 5 children per couple, and 4 generations in that time, not 3 (UK) -- so each 'personal impact' will be 25 people, all doing 2020-India levels of 'climate bad stuff'. 

Note that these numbers are made up -- I don't know the answer -- and it is a simple model so I've not included aspects that should be included such as mortality rates (I've assumed everyone born remains alive).  It should also integrate CO2 (and other) emissions per year, rather than just considering the situation today.  But thought about in this way not only really factors in the importance of population growth, and also removes some of the impact of 'high CO2 countries' -- ie, my parents might have 'been bad' with the environment, but they've perhaps made up for it by limiting family size (and I've done similar).  Or, perhaps they haven't -- I really don't know.

[* per couple is important, otherwise you'll double-count each generation.  This is the reason for the 1/2 in the calc below.]

[** ie, 1 + 1*2.5/2 +1*(2.5/2)*(2.5/2), with similar equation for the India calc]

Edited by dgul

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Establishment luvvie remoaner and climate science propagandist: there were many deliberately misleading scenes in his last series.

Less of a national treasure and more of a national excrescence.

His fault, if any, is trusting his producers and directors.

He's just a narrator on those programmes, he doesn't write the scripts.

They use him for their narrative that will sell programmes globally to make them money.

He is perhaps, too old-school.

Edited by Hopeful

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, janch said:

He and several others of his vintage (Mary Berry?) need to stop hogging the top jobs and let some younger folk have a chance.

Yes, Attenborough needs to move over and give Lenny Henry impersonating David Bellamy a chance. Black Lives Matter.

Edited by Panther

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, janch said:

He and several others of his vintage (Mary Berry?) need to stop hogging the top jobs and let some younger folk have a chance.

Trouble is, there isn't anyone as good as Attenborough coming uo, and it's not because he hogs it.

His annointed protege is Brian Cox, he has zero talent in comparison.

(I know them both well enough to assess)

Attenborough is without doubt the most generally knowledgeable person on the planet regarding plant and animal life, what we'd call 'natural history'. It is quite humbling to be in conversation with him.

Edited by Hopeful

23 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

His fault, if any, is trusting his producers and directors.

He's just a narrator on those programmes, he doesn't write the scripts.

They use him for their narrative that will sell programmes globally to make them money.

He is perhaps, too old-school.

That section on elephant seals or sea lions, I forget which, was so blatantly fake that Tremendous Knowledge Dave should have asked some questions rather than just reading it out.

David Attenborough WWF charity video is deleted over racism fears after his voiceover talked of 'stabilising the population' over images of Asian people

He can make the point over images of sheep if he wants if it ends up with the UK's population being stabilised or better still reduced - in a civilised manner of course.

22 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Trouble is, there isn't anyone as good as Attenborough coming uo, and it's not because he hogs it.

His annointed protege is Brian Cox, he has zero talent in comparison.

I dunno I thought he was good in Manhunter 

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

That section on elephant seals or sea lions, I forget which, was so blatantly fake that Tremendous Knowledge Dave should have asked some questions rather than just reading it out.

He may well not have even seen the footage

You don't see it in a recording studio

Youare sent the script, you turn up to the studio, you sit behind a glass window separated from the sound engineer, you read the script and leave.

5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

He may well not have even seen the footage

You don't see it in a recording studio

Youare sent the script, you turn up to the studio, you sit behind a glass window separated from the sound engineer, you read the script and leave.

It sounds like he has been accepting a vast amount of credit that he doesn't deserve in that case.

Maybe they should have had Dave Lamb doing it instead because he's very funny.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It sounds like he has been accepting a vast amount of credit that he doesn't deserve in that case.

Maybe they should have had Dave Lamb doing it instead because he's very funny.

It depends what you think he is

What is he listed as on the credits?

He's a narrator. He doesn't conceive the programmes or write the scripts, he doesn't seek the funding, athough having him as the identified narrator will make it easy for a producer to raise funding.

The scripts are written in his style. A script writer will imagine how Attenborough would say something and write it in that way. Attenborough may tweak, but a good script writer should require tweaking.

But Attenborough is also much more than that just a narrator, his life has brought him a wealth of natural history experiences that make him wise.

Which in some ways goes against my argument that he may not realise the world of producton has changed - it's not the BBC NHU of old, with the ethics of when he was in charge. It's now driven by global sales.

The recent Netflix series Our Planet that he narrated was narrated for Spanish audiences by Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayak. Also money raising names.

Edited by Hopeful

Even my foreign missus, who isn't interested in wildlife programs, will occasionally watch a few minutes of his stuff, just to hear that beautiful voice. I tell her it's how English should be spoken but isn't any more. I will miss him when he's gone, I agree with Hopeful.

If you consider it his personal duty to talk himself out of a job and into instant retirement, David Bellamy style, then I suppose you can look at it differently as he's certainly taken part in BBC propaganda.

2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Also confirms what I've been saying for a while, that any talk of population control is now off limits

We don't need population control. Just put a wall up and guard it with armed soldiers.

Africa can continue to breed at ludicrous rates. Nature will balance it out - it always does.

Our only job will be to prevent the hordes from making it into Europe. And for that we will need to be prepared to seriously defend our border.

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

David Attenborough invented slavery, caused  the Great War, and made sure menthol fags are banned. He also blew up the twin towers, build Auswicz, and was responsible for he 1972 Datsun Cherry.

You are wrong ,it was a Nissan cherry and it was much later than 1972

57 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

There is quite a lot that`s set up as it would take an eternity to get some of the shots in the wild