DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Hate, I'm struggling to give enough of a fuck to hate anymore.

Have I become apathetic? There is precious little I can do so why get wound up.

Or have I achieved zen levels of understanding and tolerance?

The last thing I really remember hating was Tony Blair but watching him scratch round the periphery of politics trying to remain relevant is a little pathetic and, with time, the hate has dwindled.

There's the likes of Soros, Clinton and the rest but it's all so abstract it's difficult to focus any real hate.

BLM, pasties, you can't hate a patsy.

The race baiters in the MSM should raise the hate levels but don't.

Is this lack of hate a sign of defeat?

Edited by GBDamo
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you tried a few hours of James OB?

I haven't read anything about the riots in London yesterday.  The game plan was so predictable a week or so ago. People tear down statues under the guise of black people being discriminated again

Without wishing to sound like some new age hippy, I honestly believe that hatred is the most self-destructive emotion that a human being can experience. The ramifications are so instant and so complet

Posted Images

Just now, Wight Flight said:

Have you tried a few hours of James OB?

He is a cunt for sure but he is a stooge.

He knows half of what he says is intentional bollocks, the other half being plain wrong.

To hate Jobby would be to let him win.

59 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

Have I become apathetic? There is precious little I can do so why get wound up.

Or have I achieved zen levels of understanding and tolerance?

The last thing I really remember hating was Tony Blair but watching him scratch round the periphery of politics trying to remain relevant is a little pathetic and, with time, the hate has dwindled.

There's the likes of Soros, Clinton and the rest but it's all so abstract it's difficult to focus any real hate.

BLM, pasties, you can't hate a patsy.

The race baiters in the MSM should raise the hate levels but don't.

Is this lack of hate a sign of defeat?

I reached the point of not giving a toss about anything at various points in life over the last 55 years.

I live according to my standards. What people think of me doesn't matter at all.

From childhood I realised there was no point worrying about what people thought of me. Much later I realised there was no point trying to please people.

20 years ago I actually, reached the point of not giving a toss about home ownership when I realised to buy a house would make me a debt slave and ultimately, compromise my ability to 'not give a toss'. So I don't give a toss that I've never owned a house, which seems to be such a status symbol to most people and how people view me - he can only affford to rent xD.

More recently, in the last 10 years, I've not given a toss how my work is received by the public. I do the work to the best of my ability. I put my 'results' out there and watch them get shouted down by a vocal public minority. Do I care? Nope. I enjoyed finding the things out, and ultimately, I did it just for me. The knowledge could improve things I think, but that it is ignored or used to take a completely opposite position because it's a conspiracy innit, I really don't care.

As an analogy, if I was a SarsCov2 scientist and found a cure that was shouted down, it'd not worry me.

All the BLM shit - more fools they. I used to enjoy going to London occasionally to work, but it's not necessary.

All the statue stuff. They are trashing their own environment. A vocal minority again. This country has been led by vocal minorities for a while now. Meh they spoil it for themselves.

I think, from childhood, it's in my character not to give a flying fuck about other things, perhaps to be a loner. I sometimes feel that life is an 'out of body experience' just watching the world. Without wanting to plagiarise a good description of what I mean, I've set the following to start at the right point.

Edited by Hopeful

Probably the route to a happy life.

Don't worry about stuff you can't influence; hunker down and focus on your own world and how to make it better/nicer/happier.

If everyone did this the world would be a better place.  But it only takes 1% to not do this to risk making the world a worse place.  

Not sure how you best interact with the bigger world in order to reduce the risks of it disrupting your smaller world.

14 minutes ago, dgul said:

Probably the route to a happy life.

Don't worry about stuff you can't influence; hunker down and focus on your own world and how to make it better/nicer/happier.

If everyone did this the world would be a better place.  But it only takes 1% to not do this to risk making the world a worse place.  

Not sure how you best interact with the bigger world in order to reduce the risks of it disrupting your smaller world.

Life,  being perpetually on the dodgems at the fair.

Trying to steer your way around while avoiding being crashed into by twats.

Edited by Hopeful
5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I reached the point of not giving a toss about anything at various points in life over the last 55 years.

I live according to my standards. What people think of me doesn't matter at all.

Form childhood I realsied there was no point worrying about wat people thought of me. Much laterI realised there was no point trying to pleae people.

20 years ago I actually reached the point of not giving a toss about home ownership when I realised to buy a house would make me a debt slave and ultimately, compromise my ability to 'not give a toss'. So I don't give a toss that I've never owned a house, which seems to be such a status symbol to most people.

More recently, in the last 10 years, I've not given atoos how my work is received by the public. I do the work to the best of my ability. I put my 'results' out there and watch them get shouted down by a vocal public minority. Do I care? Nope. I enjoyed finding the things out, and ultimately, I did it just for me. The knowledge could improve things I think, but that it is ignored or used to take a completely opposite position because it's a conspiracy innit, I really don't care.

As an analogy, if I was a SarsCov2 scientist and found a cure that was shouted down, It'd not worry me.

All the BLM shit - more fools they. I used to enjoy going to London occasionally to work, but it's not necessary.

All the statue stuff. They are trashing their own environment. A vocal minority again. This country has been led by vocal minorities for a while now.

I think, from childhood, it's in my character not to give a flying fuck about other things. I sometimes feel that life is an 'out of body experience' just watching the world. Without wanting to plagiarise a good description of what I mean, I've set the following to start at the right point.

I'd like to think I don't care what people think of me but the truth is I do, just not enough to make any real effort to change.

Without wishing to sound like some new age hippy, I honestly believe that hatred is the most self-destructive emotion that a human being can experience. The ramifications are so instant and so complete that it's like shooting a laser at a mirror and instantly blinding yourself in the reflection. So personally I would say that not being able to hate anyone or anything is a great place to be.

That's not to say we shouldn't and don't care or be concerned, but if you're not thinking with hatred then you have a much better chance of understanding what is really driving the people you have a problem with and form there perhaps being able to do something constructive about it.

I say that, but at the same time I'm currently watching the rest of the world having a complete mental breakdown and I have neither hatred nor a fucking clue what is going on.

8 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Without wishing to sound like some new age hippy, I honestly believe that hatred is the most self-destructive emotion that a human being can experience. The ramifications are so instant and so complete that it's like shooting a laser at a mirror and instantly blinding yourself in the reflection. So personally I would say that not being able to hate anyone or anything is a great place to be.

That's not to say we shouldn't and don't care or be concerned, but if you're not thinking with hatred then you have a much better chance of understanding what is really driving the people you have a problem with and form there perhaps being able to do something constructive about it.

I say that, but at the same time I'm currently watching the rest of the world having a complete mental breakdown and I have neither hatred nor a fucking clue what is going on.

I've hated a couple of people that went out of their way to affect my life very negatively for their egrandisement.

Hate achieved nothing but to occupy my mind with people that didn't matter.

In time, I came out on top in both instances.

For both individuals, the emotion of hate turned into pity.

Pity is now the go to emotion, as in 'the person is pitiful'.

Any setback now, I just move on.

I expect eveyone gets to this point - it's probably called, growing up.

Edited by Hopeful
45 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I have not watched the video but the title alone is enough to get my nodding agreement. I assume his conclusion is yes. I will watch it later.

I have long been of the opinion that the culture and qualification system in the UK destroys creativity. People asks why we don't build Microsofts in the UK. There are various reasons but one of them is in the education system.

/ rant