• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Will Boris / Tories be booted out?

How have the Gov handled COVID-19?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. How have UK Gov handled COVID-19?

Posted (edited)

For anyone who hasn't read the latest Peter Hitchens article I highly recommended it. I suspect he'll be proved right, they can't survive this. All they can hope for is to delay any enquiry. 

The Johnson Government is now just keeping Downing Street warm for Sir Keir and his Blairite legions. But this will be far worse than 1997, when the Blairites moved softly and cautiously, nervous that they might rouse the Forces of Conservatism. 

For the past few weeks have also demonstrated that all the pillars of British freedom and civilisation are hollow and rotten, and that we are ripe for a sweeping cultural revolution as devastating as the one Lenin and Dzerzhinsky launched in Petrograd in 1917. 

Except that this time there will be no need to storm the Winter Palace, seize the railway station or the telephone exchange or the barracks. The Left are already in control of every lever of power and influence, from the schools the Tories are too weak to reopen to the police, the Civil Service, the courts and the BBC. 

It is regime change. Do not worry too much about the statues which are now coming down. They mean surprisingly little. Worry more about the ones they are soon going to be putting up, and what they will represent. Perhaps our grandchildren will find the courage to pull them down.

Edited by spunko

Just now, sarahbell said:

As long as BLM stuff is going on labour won't get in.

The Tories trans stuff is sound sensible stuff.

Vote madness if you want. But not yet. Tories are in until the next set election date.

Most people already falsely assume Boris is responsible for 50,000 deaths. The Left control the media so they control the level of anger they can create over it. 

The economy will be so up the shitter by this time next year I can't see them clinging on. 

There'll be ten million unemployed in a few months. I can't see any incumbent government surviving that, especially one with the Conservative party's previous. Nor do they deserve to. The mistake is in assuming that the result will be a ringing endorsement of Labour. Probably just more disillusion and division. 

23 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

The Tories have a huge majority and aren't going anywhere until 2024 at the earliest. Plenty of time to do some budget freebies before then, we have a magic money tree.

Quite. 

Unless the Tory party split I can’t see a Tory government going anywhere. Whether Johnson continues to lead it is another matter. He won’t be removed before next years Council elections and any successor probably does not want to have the Coronavirus or Brexit to worry about. Personally I think Johnson might simply jack it in after December. 

No point worrying about the inevitable, demographics ultimately will win out. Number of new births by foreign mothers has been exploding for years. So whatever nostalgia any of us have for this country, its values, its norms, its history, its culture its simply not relevant to a growing number of people each year. What can you expect with that backdrop?

To my mind the times we are in is like last stand conservatism; very recent elections IMO has seen a lot of traditional lefties propping up Tory/Republican administrations as a patriotic tip rather than anything much to do with left/right politics. Same in the U.S. When you look at demographic cliff even traditional republican states like Texas are facing you have to accept when they turn there is no pathway back to power. The support base is literally eroding. How likely is is that California will turn Republican? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

The Tories have a huge majority and aren't going anywhere until 2024 at the earliest. Plenty of time to do some budget freebies before then, we have a magic money tree.

A huge Tory majority has just boarded up Winston Churchill. 

I saw the last two elections as single-issue elections - Brexit. I said that I would give the Tories carte blanche over any other (reversible) policies as long as they got that one over the line. 

I saw Brexit as a last chance saloon to save the accelerating decline of this country. As I suspected, it was already too late and this country is fucked regardless of the Brexit outcome. The economy is done (I see parallels to the Icelandic situation regarding Brexit - I believe the recovery would be much faster outside of the EU although what 'recovery' would actually mean at this point is up for debate).

I cannot believe how badly the whole lockdown has been handled.  Magic money tree is right. 

It's fascinating that 50% of the country grinds to a halt for 3 months and GDP is only down 20%. It reminds me of the old 'imputed rent' figure in the inflation stats. 

I see a vote of no confidence coming in at some point, and a separate issue wedged in to overcome the 80 majority. 

What odds on David Lammy as next PM (or maybe Keir gets a day first?)

Edited by The Generation Game

The government has totally imploded and lost any ability to govern

While the news are not covering it, in response to the legal case on the lock down the government lawyers have admitted there was no legal standing for the closing of schools. I think more is going to come out regarding what the government has done and what it has lied about, we are interesting times as I think we could see a real awakening of how manipulated we are by gov and media. 

If we get labor we are fucked, what we need is a ban on political parties, term limits and only people who have never been a member of a political party allowed to stand for office. 

There are interesting rumors on Twitter BJ never had covid 

4 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

If we get labor we are fucked, what we need is a ban on political parties, term limits and only people who have never been a member of a political party allowed to stand for office. 

This is so obvious I never understand how more people don't agree with it.

2 hours ago, spunko said:

For anyone who hasn't read the latest Peter Hitchens article I highly recommended it. I suspect he'll be proved right, they can't survive this. All they can hope for is to delay any enquiry. 

The Johnson Government is now just keeping Downing Street warm for Sir Keir and his Blairite legions. But this will be far worse than 1997, when the Blairites moved softly and cautiously, nervous that they might rouse the Forces of Conservatism. 

For the past few weeks have also demonstrated that all the pillars of British freedom and civilisation are hollow and rotten, and that we are ripe for a sweeping cultural revolution as devastating as the one Lenin and Dzerzhinsky launched in Petrograd in 1917. 

Except that this time there will be no need to storm the Winter Palace, seize the railway station or the telephone exchange or the barracks. The Left are already in control of every lever of power and influence, from the schools the Tories are too weak to reopen to the police, the Civil Service, the courts and the BBC. 

It is regime change. Do not worry too much about the statues which are now coming down. They mean surprisingly little. Worry more about the ones they are soon going to be putting up, and what they will represent. Perhaps our grandchildren will find the courage to pull them down.

So where do I find this article numbnuts...???

XYY

Posted (edited)

Quite frankly, IMO

Now, is a golden opportunity to lead, coronavirus, BLM, Antifa  Brexit 'n all

An exciting opportunity rarely presented to come out on top.

Minority interests need to be slapped back, or rather, preoccupied with a vision.

the country needs to be made busy.

Johnson could provide that leadership, Matt Hancock excepted

Johnson has good will from our greatest ally too

Unfortunately, Johnson's probably knackered, as David Starkey described.

Edited by Hopeful

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, eight said:

This is so obvious I never understand how more people don't agree with it.

It is  radical, we need term limits as well being a career politician should not be a choice. 

Edited by ad_ceng

1 minute ago, ad_ceng said:

It is  radical, we need term limits as well being a career politician should not be a choice. 

It's not really radical when our two party franchise political system is so obviously the problem though? I mean, you could be literally Chairman Mao (makes a refreshing change from Hitler) but if you could co-opt one of the existing franchises you'd stand at least a 50% chance of getting elected. Each one comes with a guaranteed minimum core voter base of about 30% of the electorate.  

1 hour ago, Virgil Caine said:

Quite. 

Unless the Tory party split I can’t see a Tory government going anywhere. Whether Johnson continues to lead it is another matter. He won’t be removed before next years Council elections and any successor probably does not want to have the Coronavirus or Brexit to worry about. Personally I think Johnson might simply jack it in after December. 

Yes, we are dinosaurs

Rishi did Andrew Marr interview today. I think he held up very well.

The whole world is going into economic meltdown because we have too many people and not enough for them to eat/do/etc 

29 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

There are interesting rumors on Twitter BJ never had covid 

That's definitely interesting. What do they think he was up to instead whilst out of the public eye?

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

That's definitely interesting. What do they think he was up to instead whilst out of the public eye?

There are a number of different claims from it was just made up to he was at the priory for addicition issues. What ever happened he is totally different to the previous Boris  

27 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Quite frankly, IMO

Now, is a golden opportunity to lead, coronavirus, BLM, Antifa  Brexit 'n all

An exciting opportunity rarely presented to come out on top.

Minority interests need to be slapped back, or rather, preoccupied with a vision.

the country needs to be made busy.

Johnson could provide that leadership, Matt Hancock excepted

Johnson has good will from our greatest ally too

Unfortunately, Johnson's probably knackered, as David Starkey described.

I think he`s flat out regarding Brexit while the opposition are shouting racist at statues  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I think he`s flat out regarding Brexit while the opposition are shouting racist at statues  

Well, in that case, thank goodness for slave traders and their statues

Edited by Hopeful

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

16 days and there`s no turning back 

I'd lost track

The distraction is clearly, working

Edited by Hopeful