DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

No New Normal in Belgrade

arbitrage

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

If you have invested in the handwash and mask bubble now you are fucked. Like selling purple flares in 1979.

Well quite. Although I didn't just mean financially.

On 14/06/2020 at 11:18, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Does anyone still believe this thing spreads easily outdoors? 

Yes, just look at how many Muppets are wearing ineffective face shields, and move of the pavement into the road as you pass...they obviously think its as contagious as `The Plague`!

The Generation Game
15 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

I was sure that Pete Burns had died several years ago.

I honestly thought Jelena had retired a few years ago. 

10 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Yes, just look at how many Muppets are wearing ineffective face shields, and move of the pavement into the road as you pass...they obviously think its as contagious as `The Plague`!

Several people on the BBC adjusted their masks several times in their interviews this morning.

8 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Not my experience of visiting Belgrade last year. I loved the place.  Friendly locals, cheap food and drink and a superb (bug-free) airbnb whole apartment just off Skardalja for £30pn (see below). Architecture perhaps a bit more communist brutalist than other EE capitals but still plenty to admire, esp down by the rivers.

Agreed, it's a great place. Safe, friendly and cheap. The Pljeskavica burgers are amazing. Try to get a place in the center of town as it can be a bit of a haul in from the burbs. We managed to get a lovely penthouse for very little opposite the citadel, the only problem I had was the ancient lift which was so scary I tried to avoid using it.

Oh, and as it is the east, never, ever mess with the police.

• Informative 2

swiss_democracy_for_all

Oops! That didn't work out quite how Novak wanted.

Bit surprised that some of the other players are being snowflakeish about it, they're all young and among the fittest people in the world, it's incredibly unlikely they'll be badly sick so all they need to do is isolate a while.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/53131665

Novak Djokovic must 'feel responsibility' at coronavirus at Adria Tour, says Evans

_90900492_fuller200bw.jpg
By Russell FullerBBC tennis correspondent

Last updated on1 hour ago1 hour ago.From the sectionTennis

Grigor Dmitrov seated next to Novak Djokovic Grigor Dimitrov (centre) sat with Alexander Zverev and Novak Djokovic during the first Adria Tour event in Belgrade last week

British men's number one Dan Evans says Novak Djokovic should "feel some responsibility" after Grigor Dimitrov and Borna Coric tested positive for Covid-19 at his Adria Tour event.

Bulgaria's Dimitrov played Croatia's Coric on Saturday in the second leg of the world number one's event in Zadar.

Andy Murray says it has been a "lesson for us all", while Nick Kyrgios says it was a "bone-headed decision" to play.

"I just think it's a poor example to set," said Evans.

Serbia's Djokovic is currently waiting to hear the results of his test, which was carried out earlier on Monday.

"Once you start having mass gatherings with people coming in from all sorts of countries, it's a recipe for it to kick off," Murray said, as he prepares for this week's Schroders Battle of the Brits.

"So it's kind of a lesson for all of us - if we weren't already - to take this extremely seriously, and to have as many safety measures in place as possible."

With Croatia easing lockdown measures before the event, players were not obliged to observe social distancing rules and were seen embracing at the net at the end of their matches.

Pictures on the tournament's social media site from Friday showed Dimitrov playing basketball with Djokovic, Alexander Zverev and Marin Cilic, while he also put his arm around Coric before their match.

Zverev, Cilic and Andrey Rublev, who also played, have tested negative, but suggested they will all now self-isolate for up to 14 days.

Evans, 30, thinks Djokovic - who is president of the ATP Player Council - has some questions to answer.

"Put it this way, I don't think you should be having a players' party and then dancing all over each other," Evans said.

"He should feel some responsibility in his event and how it's transpired."

The first leg of the tour in Serbia attracted 4,000 fans, and concluded with players dancing close together in a Belgrade nightclub.

"Running exhibitions is good," Evans continued. "But even if the guidelines in that country are not two metres, it's not a joke, is it?

"Even if the guidelines were taken away in this country to normal, I'd still be trying to keep myself out of the way as much as I could from other people.

"I just think there's been a total disregard to that, really, and it's very unfortunate Grigor has it, Coric has it. I hope there's no second guessing on the US Open now, because of some unfortunate events."

The US Open will be held without fans from 31 August to 13 September, despite some players voicing concerns about travelling to New York.

The Battle of the Brits will also take place behind closed doors in London from Tuesday. Jamie Murray, who is fronting the event, accepts he will now face even greater scrutiny.

"From our point of view, we're obviously doing everything we can to limit that from happening," he said.

"We know there will probably be a few more eyes on us after what happened to the Adria Tour, so everyone's got to be on top of their game when it comes to social distancing."

The organisers of the Adria Tour say Sunday's final in Zadar was cancelled "as a precaution and to protect the health of all participants and visitors".

A statement read: "At all times we have strictly followed the epidemiological measures in place with the countries where the Adria Tour was organised."

The ATP, the governing body of men's tennis, said it "continues to urge strict adherence to responsible social distancing and health and safety guidelines to contain the spread of the virus".

It added: "In planning for the resumption of the ATP Tour season from 14 August, ATP and other stakeholders have made exhaustive plans to mitigate risks through a variety of precautions and protocols to be implemented at ATP events."

Grigor Dimitrov Grigor Dimitrov announced his positive result on Instagram

Analysis

There have been handshakes and hugs. They have got up close and personal to play football and basketball, and celebrated the end of the first leg in Belgrade with some improvised limbo dancing in a nightclub.

Crowds were made welcome by the authorities, but that does not mean social distancing should have been abandoned by the players, who had arrived from various different locations for the Adria Tour series.

And then onwards to others. Dominic Thiem, who was part of the show in Belgrade last week, has been playing in the Ultimate Tennis Showdown in the south of France this weekend.

Most of those on the Adria Tour have sounded distinctly lukewarm about the prospect of travelling to New York for the US Open - and it has not been hard to empathise with some of their concerns.

But when watching the pictures from Belgrade and now Zadar, the feeling is simply one of bemusement.

Mirror Mirror
On 15/06/2020 at 06:18, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Not my experience of visiting Belgrade last year. I loved the place.  Friendly locals, cheap food and drink and a superb (bug-free) airbnb whole apartment just off Skardalja for £30pn (see below). Architecture perhaps a bit more communist brutalist than other EE capitals but still plenty to admire, esp down by the rivers.

986eab8e-9a2a-4a04-9360-633f63c00c5b.jpg

Beautiful floor, I assume real parquet?

• Agree 2

Turned Out Nice Again
7 hours ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Beautiful floor, I assume real parquet?

Yep, throughout. Also a balcony looking down on pavement cafes. The airbnb host informed me it belongs to the Serbian ambassador to the UK. £30 per night! Booked just 1 week beforehand.

IMG_20190908_163703.jpg

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again
  • Cheers 1

I would not rule out the possibility that the entire BBC story regarding the outbreak of so-called COVID-19 in Belgrade is fake - made-up bullshit

The Generation Game
3 hours ago, arbitrage said:

I would not rule out the possibility that the entire BBC story regarding the outbreak of so-called COVID-19 in Belgrade is fake - made-up bullshit

Particularly since it was in Zadar, Croatia. 

• Lol 1

On 22/06/2020 at 19:01, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Oops! That didn't work out quite how Novak wanted.

Bit surprised that some of the other players are being snowflakeish about it, they're all young and among the fittest people in the world, it's incredibly unlikely they'll be badly sick so all they need to do is isolate a while.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/53131665

Novak Djokovic must 'feel responsibility' at coronavirus at Adria Tour, says Evans

_90900492_fuller200bw.jpg
By Russell FullerBBC tennis correspondent

Last updated on1 hour ago1 hour ago.From the sectionTennis

Grigor Dmitrov seated next to Novak Djokovic Grigor Dimitrov (centre) sat with Alexander Zverev and Novak Djokovic during the first Adria Tour event in Belgrade last week

British men's number one Dan Evans says Novak Djokovic should "feel some responsibility" after Grigor Dimitrov and Borna Coric tested positive for Covid-19 at his Adria Tour event.

Bulgaria's Dimitrov played Croatia's Coric on Saturday in the second leg of the world number one's event in Zadar.

Andy Murray says it has been a "lesson for us all", while Nick Kyrgios says it was a "bone-headed decision" to play.

"I just think it's a poor example to set," said Evans.

Serbia's Djokovic is currently waiting to hear the results of his test, which was carried out earlier on Monday.

"Once you start having mass gatherings with people coming in from all sorts of countries, it's a recipe for it to kick off," Murray said, as he prepares for this week's Schroders Battle of the Brits.

"So it's kind of a lesson for all of us - if we weren't already - to take this extremely seriously, and to have as many safety measures in place as possible."

With Croatia easing lockdown measures before the event, players were not obliged to observe social distancing rules and were seen embracing at the net at the end of their matches.

Pictures on the tournament's social media site from Friday showed Dimitrov playing basketball with Djokovic, Alexander Zverev and Marin Cilic, while he also put his arm around Coric before their match.

Zverev, Cilic and Andrey Rublev, who also played, have tested negative, but suggested they will all now self-isolate for up to 14 days.

Evans, 30, thinks Djokovic - who is president of the ATP Player Council - has some questions to answer.

"Put it this way, I don't think you should be having a players' party and then dancing all over each other," Evans said.

"He should feel some responsibility in his event and how it's transpired."

The first leg of the tour in Serbia attracted 4,000 fans, and concluded with players dancing close together in a Belgrade nightclub.

"Running exhibitions is good," Evans continued. "But even if the guidelines in that country are not two metres, it's not a joke, is it?

"Even if the guidelines were taken away in this country to normal, I'd still be trying to keep myself out of the way as much as I could from other people.

"I just think there's been a total disregard to that, really, and it's very unfortunate Grigor has it, Coric has it. I hope there's no second guessing on the US Open now, because of some unfortunate events."

The US Open will be held without fans from 31 August to 13 September, despite some players voicing concerns about travelling to New York.

The Battle of the Brits will also take place behind closed doors in London from Tuesday. Jamie Murray, who is fronting the event, accepts he will now face even greater scrutiny.

"From our point of view, we're obviously doing everything we can to limit that from happening," he said.

"We know there will probably be a few more eyes on us after what happened to the Adria Tour, so everyone's got to be on top of their game when it comes to social distancing."

The organisers of the Adria Tour say Sunday's final in Zadar was cancelled "as a precaution and to protect the health of all participants and visitors".

A statement read: "At all times we have strictly followed the epidemiological measures in place with the countries where the Adria Tour was organised."

The ATP, the governing body of men's tennis, said it "continues to urge strict adherence to responsible social distancing and health and safety guidelines to contain the spread of the virus".

It added: "In planning for the resumption of the ATP Tour season from 14 August, ATP and other stakeholders have made exhaustive plans to mitigate risks through a variety of precautions and protocols to be implemented at ATP events."

Grigor Dimitrov Grigor Dimitrov announced his positive result on Instagram

Analysis

There have been handshakes and hugs. They have got up close and personal to play football and basketball, and celebrated the end of the first leg in Belgrade with some improvised limbo dancing in a nightclub.

Crowds were made welcome by the authorities, but that does not mean social distancing should have been abandoned by the players, who had arrived from various different locations for the Adria Tour series.

And then onwards to others. Dominic Thiem, who was part of the show in Belgrade last week, has been playing in the Ultimate Tennis Showdown in the south of France this weekend.

Most of those on the Adria Tour have sounded distinctly lukewarm about the prospect of travelling to New York for the US Open - and it has not been hard to empathise with some of their concerns.

But when watching the pictures from Belgrade and now Zadar, the feeling is simply one of bemusement.

Novak Djokovic tests positive for COVID19. Looking at those photos and thinking we are relaxing social distancing. Here we go. It’s going to be mayhem!

On 15/06/2020 at 14:30, MrXxxx said:

A young woman walking towards me moved onto the road.

'You'll be laughing about this in 20 years time' says I.

She smiled.

Then I said: 'I won't be but you will.'

Green Devil
On 14/06/2020 at 11:18, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Does anyone still believe this thing spreads easily outdoors? 

The virus is clearly highly UV sensitive. It's well known flu type viruses is less prevalent in sunny bright weather. 

Perhaps the food processing outbreaks are explained by the lack of light, the low temperatures (chiller) and mass of people doing exerting activity. A perfect combination for spread of something highly contagious. Not rocket science. 

Reopen everything for summer to get a few quid in the pockets of businesses, the shut up again in autumn once it starts to take off again. 

swiss_democracy_for_all
6 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

The virus is clearly highly UV sensitive. It's well known flu type viruses is less prevalent in sunny bright weather. 

Perhaps the food processing outbreaks are explained by the lack of light, the low temperatures (chiller) and mass of people doing exerting activity. A perfect combination for spread of something highly contagious. Not rocket science. 

Reopen everything for summer to get a few quid in the pockets of businesses, the shut up again in autumn once it starts to take off again. 

Yeah I thought that, but what's going on in Florida then? Too much aircon in old folks homes maybe. I doubt if people are contracting it on the beach.

Green Devil
1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yeah I thought that, but what's going on in Florida then? Too much aircon in old folks homes maybe. I doubt if people are contracting it on the beach.

Florida is open for business. Pubs bars etc. Indoor spaces. I suspect the virus can survive high UV transmission areas where there is an alternative route indoors. 

44 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Why has it only reared it's head now, and in multiple locations simultaneously?

Bus Stop Boxer
On 15/06/2020 at 09:04, Craig said:

Agreed on the vaccine not being ready by the winter.

Would imagine Pharma are concentrating their efforts on disease management medication, rather than a cure/prevention...

Good.

• 2 months later...
On 24/06/2020 at 06:43, arbitrage said:

So what if he tests positive; he's probably just got a normal cold!

Let's see how he gets on with this deadly virus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/53941874

“Top seed Novak Djokovic says he is playing some of the best tennis of his career as he prepares to start his bid for an 18th Grand Slam at the US Open.”

Hmm.

Caravan Monster
3 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/53941874

“Top seed Novak Djokovic says he is playing some of the best tennis of his career as he prepares to start his bid for an 18th Grand Slam at the US Open.”

Hmm.

Hmm indeed (Don't know the first thing about tennis, but interesting to follow up the story), ok he's a super fit 29 year old athelete, even so it seems like a dose of the coof can be good for the game of professional tennis players:

https://www.si.com/tennis/2020/08/24/western-southern-open-grigor-dimitrov-win-coronavirus

NEW YORK — Two months after barely being able to walk while ill with COVID-19, Grigor Dimitrov played a professional tennis match at the Western & Southern Open on Sunday and — while the result was not what was most important — he won.

Croatian Borna Coric tested positive, but was asymptomatic:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/tennis--coric-still-without-symptoms-after-covid-19-infection-12873336

Can't find anything on Victor Troiki, Nick Kyrgios who freaked out about the Belgrade tennis thing being irresponsible and slagged off the players in the media is apparently still under lockdown in Melbourne xD

https://www.news18.com/news/tennis/slim-to-none-nick-kyrgios-unlikely-to-play-in-2020-french-open-as-well-2762941.html

• Informative 1

• 1 year later...

Looks like an anti jab hero now. Although pressure is ramping up. And he had covid so I’m not sure what’s going on there? I thought having covid got you a pass?