DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Witch-burning, The Inquisition, Puritanism, Maoism, Naziism, Communism, Salafism, McCarthyism and now Wokeism

5 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

There're all the same aren't they? I mean they profess to have different underlying beliefs but, otherwise, it's the same modus operandi and, I suspect, the exact same people would engage in all of them if they just happened to be there at the time/place.

We studied "The Crucible" for 'O' level English, many years ago. I'd been thinking in the last couple of years how foresighted my English teacher was, but as you suggest, he didn't need to be foresighted, it was only a question of what the next "ism" would be and when it would emerge.

9 minutes ago, Panther said:

Yes, they are all the same people, with those same faces.

I follow Cuntism but of all the religions satanism isn’t far of the mark and dowist is one of the best from the east .luckily im

an atheist sadly I’m big on do unto others that they would do to you which is a tenant  from one form

of satanism 

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I follow Cuntism but of all the religions satanism isn’t far of the mark and dowist is one of the best from the east .luckily im

an atheist sadly I’m big on do unto others that they would do to you which is a tenant  from one form

of satanism 

I'm a big follower of santanism.  

Once a year you give everyone presents and then overdose on turkey.

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

of satanism 

Do what though wilt isn’t such a bad thing if you consider that people have to operate  with various laws in mind and suffer the consequences. The problem with wokeism is that it’s all about forcing other people to act in certain ways with no negative consequences for the person doing it. I view it as a particularly insidious form of bullying.

31 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Do what though wilt isn’t such a bad thing if you consider that people have to operate  with various laws in mind and suffer the consequences. The problem with wokeism is that it’s all about forcing other people to act in certain ways with no negative consequences for the person doing it. I view it as a particularly insidious form of bullying.

That’s why I like that tenant of satanism  it’s basicly a peaceful religion but it basicly says get your own back it’s not bignon blaming others for your fuck ups either 

22 hours ago, Conniption said:

People like to be told what to do up until the moment they start rebelling against the established order. Everything listed above is a mechanism of control.

People like it. Till they don't. Then the next -ism takes its place.

I just have to post this yet again.  :)

FFF9BDA8-FC09-44AD-9547-39E59A04FD0E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dogtania said:

kakistocracy seems to cover it a bit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakistocracy

Interesting word, cack:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cack#:~:text=Definition of cack,cack

History and Etymology for cack

Intransitive verb

Middle English cakken, from Latin cacare; akin to Greek kakkan to void excrement, Middle Irish cacc dung, and perhaps to Greek kakos bad

2 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

indeed! olden day word for pile of poo.  Probably a few hundred years ago there were a lot more words describing the minutiae of it, as it was ever prsent as opposed to now (i.e after roman sewage had gone and modern plumbing had progressed...gardyloo)

1 minute ago, Dogtania said:

indeed! olden day word for pile of poo.  Probably a few hundred years ago there were a lot more words describing the minutiae of it, as it was ever prsent as opposed to now (i.e after roman sewage had gone and modern plumbing had progressed...gardyloo)

gardez l'eau. It's French, and I probably got it wrong.