DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Why Are Some Police Such Fuckwits

Most cops are, as far as I can tell, pretty sensible and reasonable. The problem is that there are a small minority who appear to be absolute fuck heads. 

Exhibit a:

First cop in the scene, doing a good job dealing with a dickhead. Second cop ... I mean, what the fuck is wrong with that guy?

Edited by TheBlueCat

part of the problem is that for years, through TV shows and films, the public has been brought up to think that cops are fair and robots not affected by emotions or reality.

real life is MESSY.  Police - or any enforcers - have always beaten people up when not needed.  However, that actually decrease crime in many ways, as the chavs and spogs remembered the beatings and behaved better just in case.  My grandad's old truncheon has many marks on it, no doubt from teeth and heads.

when you film anything to do with human conflict and then look at it later, it will look pretty awful.

In summary: life is not fair, will never be fair, and if you try to make it fair by declawing the police, what you end up with is not utopia but Seattle.

A good cop is a delight.  One really changed my behaviour when young (and he wasn't that old).  Seemingly not much these days.  Crap weak, political and Common Purpose leadership, no police college, privileged, and they let anyone in.  Alienated the public over many years so double down while falsely muttering "by consent".  And they have now taken sides.  But then the public seem a lot worse.  They are reaping what they sowed just at a time when we are reaping what governments and civil servants have sown generally.  Not a job I'd want to do these days which says a lot.

PS:  Saw the video of the bloodied white cop from the BLM march and just thought "time to get your pension mate".  No-one's got your back anymore.

Edited by Harley

They tooled up in gear using more class 1 types this weekend but flat caps and community types up for a spot of encouraging running away prior to that.  More hurt in prior weekends but that's the price they deem worth paying.  Says it all about the leadership.  Who the eff would want to work under them.

Edited by Harley

I have never and will never join in with the criticism of the police force. Why? Because it is a liberal disease. They will never accept the police as full members of the human race or cease their carping, because it is the mere existence of the police that offends the liberal conscience, not any of their particular acts.

The liberal march through the institutions is obvious when looking at the police. It has been carefully orchestrated and now we have the rather bizarre situation of hoards of middle-class kids shouting "Fuck the Police!" at illegal raves. Has anyone stopped to ask where this learned behaviour is coming from? The underclass in this country have always hated the police (for good reason maybe), but how much contact have Delilah and Henry actually had with the Met for them to loath them so...?

Of course, it originates from pop culture... music, TV, social media. The liberals saw that black "cultcha" was in perma-victim mode and have latched onto their hatred of the police and weaponised it. They want the police gone; the necessity of a police force suggests to liberals and SJWs that the default setting of humanity is not all virtuous, wonderful and socially utopian. Clearly, pressure to conform to decent, upstanding behaviour is a necessary component of any civilised society. And the admission that this is so (surely obvious to anyone not still in thrall to an adolescent mindset) undermines the rallycry of liberalism: to remove all external restraints and personal responsbility.

Edited by spunko
1 hour ago, spunko said:

I have never and will never join in with the criticism of the police force. 

Everyone in entitled to their own views, mine are a lot different to yours - but I agree with your argument.

I don't believe that you get normal people in the police force (I'm not counting office/admin staff). Some are outstanding citizens who want to uphold the law & protect the public. Others would fail even the most basic suitability test (personality, integrity & values, IQ, fitness & height) and the last thing the public needs is individuals like that on the streets in police uniforms!

Many who joined for the right reasons now fear false accusations so much  (racism, sexism, etc) they avoid becoming involved in many situations were they are needed. The police have become a political force, and it has destroyed the respect they used to hold.

Edited by Andersen
5 hours ago, Harley said:

A good cop is a delight.  One really changed my behaviour when young (and he wasn't that old).  Seemingly not much these days.  Crap weak, political and Common Purpose leadership, no police college, privileged, and they let anyone in.  Alienated the public over many years so double down while falsely muttering "by consent".  And they have now taken sides.  But then the public seem a lot worse.  They are reaping what they sowed just at a time when we are reaping what governments and civil servants have sown generally.  Not a job I'd want to do these days which says a lot.

PS:  Saw the video of the bloodied white cop from the BLM march and just thought "time to get your pension mate".  No-one's got your back anymore.

opposite of what I heard...thought the entry bar was really low and they let anyone in whilst nowadays it's a bit more difficult.  Not arguing whether they were better or worse back then mind.

While there are some who are permanent fuckwit,

we've all got some fuckwit in us that emerges from time to time.  Given that the UK police force numbers 150,000, there's bound to be quite a few 'normals' who are being a fuckwit on any given day.

I got pulled over while riding my bike in London a few months ago. Cop reckoned I'd jumped a red light, which I hadn't - he couldn't tell, because he was on the other side of the junction.  He could barely string a sentence of English together - I literally could not understand the fuckwit and told him so.  He asked me to sign a statement there and then which read, "I did not believe this man to be a police officer."  I refused and ended up with a £50 FPN which I paid as it's cheaper than half a day off to go to court.

I used to be a staunch supporter of the police, but frankly, they can go fuck themsleves. And if they've lost me, they've probably lost millions of law-abiding people.  They have nobody's consent to police anymore.

1 hour ago, Dogtania said:

opposite of what I heard...thought the entry bar was really low and they let anyone in whilst nowadays it's a bit more difficult.  Not arguing whether they were better or worse back then mind.

I was thinking more of midgets!

6 hours ago, spunko said:

I have never and will never join in with the criticism of the police force. Why? Because it is a liberal disease. They will never accept the police as full members of the human race or cease their carping, because it is the mere existence of the police that offends the liberal conscience, not any of their particular acts.

The liberal march through the institutions is obvious when looking at the police. It has been carefully orchestrated and now we have the rather bizarre situation of hoards of middle-class kids shouting "Fuck the Police!" at illegal raves. Has anyone stopped to ask where this learned behaviour is coming from? The underclass in this country have always hated the police (for good reason maybe), but how much contact have Delilah and Henry actually had with the Met for them to loath them so...?

Of course, it originates from pop culture... music, TV, social media. The liberals saw that black "cultcha" was in perma-victim mode and have latched onto their hatred of the police and weaponised it. They want the police gone; the necessity of a police force suggests to liberals and SJWs that the default setting of humanity is not all virtuous, wonderful and socially utopian. Clearly, pressure to conform to decent, upstanding behaviour is a necessary component of any civilised society. And the admission that this is so (surely obvious to anyone not still in thrall to an adolescent mindset) undermines the rallycry of liberalism: to remove all external restraints and personal responsbility.

I ain’t no SJW and there are definitely situations where the cops need to take someone down hard. By the way, taking someone down hard doesn’t include gratuitously punching them in the head. However, someone with clear anger management problems  is in the wrong job if they join the police. It’s like someone who hates children going into teaching - also far too common.

The present day police in the U.K. are one of the chief reasons I would never set foot in the home country any more. It’s saddening. But what used to be a fine force the envy of the world over is now a craven political tool that pursues thought crime and allows violent looters and vandals to go on their way untroubled.

Shameful loss of a country in less than a generation.

Dont know about the men, but all the women i've known (mate seemed to end up dating a number of them for some reason! Handcuff, uniforms, who knows) who were police/pcso's seemed to be invariably the village gossip personality types. Couldnt wait to get their nose in other peoples business, never had any introspection when it came to themselves.

Not bad people, just not particularly good people. The sort who should never be put in any position of power.

19 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Most cops are, as far as I can tell, pretty sensible and reasonable. The problem is that there are a small minority who appear to be absolute fuck heads. 

Exhibit a:

First cop in the scene, doing a good job dealing with a dickhead. Second cop ... I mean, what the fuck is wrong with that guy?

Just watch the Daniel Shaver execution video. Some dweeby little prick with a badge literally creaming himself about the power that badge gave him

Of course, got away with murder, as all US cops seem to, irrespective of race.