• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

1m or bust

The main problem for pubs instead will be the ventilation. Even before all this kicked off, I'd not go in a pub with heavy condensation on the windows. And leave if it smelt stale. They need to be making sure any air conditioning is bringing in fresh air from outside and not just recirculating air. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Without 2m being reduced to 1m we will lose our bars and restaurants.

Huge pressure from hospitality sector. 

Risk goes from 30% to 70% .

Do it!  People want to risk it because they think it's all rubbish?  Fine.  Let's see.  Companies push for it for the money (after quite a manipulative push), fine.  Let's see.  I'll say away and not spend in case these people are wrong (aka Sweden) and have now infected everything. And see.  Careful what you wish for?  Let's see.

PS:  All that protect the NHS stuff only means something if we have an NHS worth protecting (e.g. knows what it's doing).  And things will cost even more than they have so, let's see.

Edited by Harley

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

23 minutes ago, karelian said:

2m isn't viable. 1m is more or less normal.

Should go to 0m. Mandatory hugs to build herD immunity? Remember that plan! (Edited)

Edited by Ash4781b

2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

People have spent a fortune on 2m stickers and signs. They will be right pissed off I should think. 

I bet they'll be horrendous to unpeel as well 

23 minutes ago, snaga said:

nothing a permanent marker pen can't fix 2 1

A bold cheap and imaginative solution. Please consider running for prime minister? 

2 hours ago, Funn3r said:

People have spent a fortune on 2m stickers and signs. They will be right pissed off I should think. 

Leave the stickers at 2m distance but change the 2 to 1/2 with marker pen.

3 hours ago, karelian said:

2m isn't viable. 1m is more or less normal.

3ft. Still prevents  anyone from sitting next to anyone else, or behind anyone else.

In any event the virus is spread through the air so effectively that masks should be mandatory for inside all buildings.

I worked in an air-conditioned building (20 years ago, newly built, very high tech at the time). No opening windows, temperature controlled, recirculating air ventilation, etc. We soon discovered that if any department became a virus hotspot (colds, sniffles) the whole building became infected a few days later. 

Now replace sniffles with cv19 and think about what buildings you are safe entering. Pubs & cafes? Offices? Supermarkets?

Just now, Andersen said:

I worked in an air-conditioned building (20 years ago, newly built, very high tech at the time). No opening windows, temperature controlled, recirculating air ventilation, etc. We soon discovered that if any department became a virus hotspot (colds, sniffles) the whole building became infected a few days later. 

Now replace sniffles with cv19 and think about what buildings you are safe entering. Pubs & cafes? Offices? Supermarkets?

My office sounds similar, although I'm reliably informed by the building management that the AC is now running on 100% external air. 

3 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

My office sounds similar, although I'm reliably informed by the building management that the AC is now running on 100% external air. 

Probably because it's Summer.

Heard one restaurant owner on the wireless earlier saying even 1m wasn't viable and he'd still need to let go 2/3rds of his staff due to the reduced business.

5 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

Big fish little fish

Perhaps we could add 'keep two metres away from me' as a new dance move to add to the classic moves such as 'big fish little fish cardboard box' and 'milking the big cow'.

8 hours ago, sarahbell said:

2M is not law it is a recommendation, we can do what the fuck we like it is time people stood up to the government and started opening up again. 

Just like the closure of school has no legal basis either it was a recommendation made to look like a law

16 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

2M is not law it is a recommendation, we can do what the fuck we like it is time people stood up to the government and started opening up again. 

Just like the closure of school has no legal basis either it was a recommendation made to look like a law

That's Boris defence in that legal case apparently.