• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
unregistered_guest

Porn Free: courtesy of eBay

Recommended Posts

A rather bizarre tale culled from The Register. Apparently, some naughty eBay staff went out of their way to be unpleasant and harass a couple of bloggers who wrote critical articles about the giant online jumble sale.

In addition to receiving unsolicited porn in the post, they were allegedly sent:

  • A book on how to survive the death of your spouse
  • A funeral wreath
  • Live cockroaches
  • A pig's head hallowe'en mask
  • A preserved pig's foetus

Obviously, the tat-slinger fired those responsible as soon as it became clear that the game was up.

But still, what sort of loon thinks that bizarre twattery like this has any place in a civilised society?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, unregistered_guest said:

A rather bizarre tale culled from The Register. Apparently, some naughty eBay staff went out of their way to be unpleasant and harass a couple of bloggers who wrote critical articles about the giant online jumble sale.

In addition to receiving unsolicited porn in the post, they were allegedly sent:

  • A book on how to survive the death of your spouse
  • A funeral wreath
  • Live cockroaches
  • A pig's head hallowe'en mask
  • A preserved pig's foetus

Obviously, the tat-slinger fired those responsible as soon as it became clear that the game was up.

But still, what sort of loon thinks that bizarre twattery like this has any place in a civilised society?

About 5% of the general population in my experience. If we could figure who they were and shoot the fuckers calm would descend upon the land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

About 5% of the general population in my experience. If we could figure who they were and shoot the fuckers calm would descend upon the land.

It's the sort of thing I might have thought was really funny to do to a friend as a practical joke.  When I was a teenager.

So it's presumably either some teenage employees,   or some employees with the mental age of teenagers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The article below details some of the allegations of what they did.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/former-ebay-employees-threatened-couple-who-wrote-critical-newsletter-articles-n1231075

Quote

Joseph Bonavolonta, the FBI special agent in charge of the case, said the group was inspired by the movie "Johnny Be Good."

"They ordered everything from live spiders, a box of cockroaches, a preserved pig fetus, a pig mask, to a sympathy wreath and book on how to survive the loss of a spouse," Bonavolonta said.

"All the while, they were hiding behind the internet, using burner phones and laptops, overseas email accounts, and pre-paid debit cards purchased with cash, to try and cover up their alleged crimes and evade and obstruct the Natick Police Department," Bonavolonta added. The couple lived in Natick, Massachusetts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

"All the while, they were hiding behind the internet, using burner phones and laptops, overseas email accounts, and pre-paid debit cards purchased with cash, to try and cover up their alleged crimes and evade and obstruct the Natick Police Department," Bonavolonta added. The couple lived in Natick, Massachusetts

That's quite a lot of effort to cover their footprints..  I wonder how they slipped up?

Probably GPS data from the phones I would guess..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Libspero said:

That's quite a lot of effort to cover their footprints..  I wonder how they slipped up?

Probably GPS data from the phones I would guess..

 

They apparently drove to their victims' home. Some senior eBay people involved plus the CEO resigned last year. Going to be interesting to see what comes out in court.

Of course, it is the US and court cases often end in big cheques written to stop cases proceeeding. eBay has lots of dosh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eBay has always been a filthy company, this doesn't surprise me, they had to spin off PayPal but they owned them for years, PayPal are evil to the core.

Aside from a few sites like Gumtree I don't really know what else they've bought - what's the point in sitting on all that cash anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, dgul said:

Reading the article it sounds like a case of 'Will nobody rid me of these turbulent bloggers'.

Indeed. It reads like the synopsis for a comedy mash-up of Murder in the Cathedral and The Godfather. You can imagine a producer rejecting it because it lacks any semblance of good taste and a grounding in reality.

Unfortunately, it is real life for the couple they targeted.

Edited by unregistered_guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

These are directors of the company - not fit to run a global company. The evidence read out here, is damming.

Edited by 201p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.