• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

New theme - Feedback!!

The new Dosbods theme is available to preview. It is at a "beta" stage so there will be bugs etc.

Please if anyone wants to provide feedback and report bugs/issues, this is the thread.

How do I activate/test the new theme?
At the very bottom of the page, go to Themes > select 'Dosbods' theme

Initial response is that I like the subtleness of it (maybe text is a little to light?)

im not sure of the wide margins at the side. I'm guessing that there is this setting so that sites can have adverts down the side.   

There are some naff things I need to change, mainly removing gradients (not a fan) and fixing some alignment issues. I've changed the width now, although I originally changed it to a wider setting because I thought it was too "thin"

That is MUCH better.  :)

I tend to hit the 'unread' button at the top of the page and then the little circle or star to take me to the last post of each thread.  I really like the way that the circle/star is above the thread title, makes it easier to hit on the crapple iPad 

It's gone thin again xD

Edited by One percent

4 minutes ago, This Time said:

I'm finding the grey text difficult to read - can we have black please?

Agreed. Also, the reverse out text on pale grey is very hard to read.

Perhaps use your new theme as default and leave the option to revert to the current theme at the bottom? 

Sorry, I have been enjoying the weather and doing my pond this weekend and frankly couldn't drag myself away. I'll do these changes at some point soon :)

@JoeDavola yes both themes will be available, I'll probably just switch the new Dosbods one to default once its ready.

4 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Sorry, I have been enjoying the weather and doing my pond this weekend and frankly couldn't drag myself away. I'll do these changes at some point soon :)

@JoeDavola yes both themes will be available, I'll probably just switch the new Dosbods one to default once its ready.

Spot on, much appreciated!

I should really finish it, but am a bit busy in real life currently. Today my septic tank overflowed, which was the last straw really so I'm taking a few days away to focus on the bloody house renovation!

If anyone wants to finish the design and is a dab hand at CSS/HTML/PHP then let me know, would be much appreciated..

Thanks onlyme.  I will let you know the details on how to do it shortly by pm. Or at least how i think it works...!

I'm actually going away this weekend so won't be around too much on here, here's hoping the server doesn't crash xD:ph34r:

On 10/04/2017 at 14:18, The Idiocrat said:

Like the new theme, just black text please as others have said. Good work.

Nice theme, needs darker text on background as Idiocrat said. Borders still bit large on PC large monitor - haven't checked on a tablet / mobile (will check on mobile tomorrow).

Fantastic work Spunko, much appreciated by all your efforts here. If you need any assistance with site running etc happy to be a dogsbody

Just starting to update theme, see Dosbods II theme which I am working on. Body text now much more legible.

Feedback welcome as I work through the other comments above.