DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Home Remedies

Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

This is a cracker and will probably have some of you hoping to get a verrucca just so you can have a bit of a burn, sizzle and smoke. All you need is a nail, hammer, block of wood and a blowtorch. It would make a refreshing change from using Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother for every ailment.

Hail the Tripod
On 17/06/2020 at 12:35, Democorruptcy said:

This is a cracker and will probably have some of you hoping to get a verrucca just so you can have a bit of a burn, sizzle and smoke. All you need is a nail, hammer, block of wood and a blowtorch. It would make a refreshing change from using Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother for every ailment.

I think I won’t be trying that on the kids. :Sick1:

I had a couple of verrucas that didn't respond to whatever treatment the chemist sold me.

What did get rid of them was taking a job on a building site. Going from sedentary to working hard increased the blood flow in my feet enough to kill them off in a few months.

Do any of the distance hikers/walkers here ever get verrucas?

swiss_democracy_for_all
21 hours ago, jm51 said:

I had a couple of verrucas that didn't respond to whatever treatment the chemist sold me.

What did get rid of them was taking a job on a building site. Going from sedentary to working hard increased the blood flow in my feet enough to kill them off in a few months.

Do any of the distance hikers/walkers here ever get verrucas?

Wasn’t aware blood flow had any effect. I’ve had verrucas, and warts on my feet a couple of times as an adult. Got rid of them by conventional means.  I reckon sizzling them with a hot nail would have been worth a try but pretty stinky. 

I've been watching 'The Last Dance'. When MJ broke his foot, a doc said that bone got very little blood flow so took longer to heal.

Years ago, I read of a guy who reckoned that our feet acted as another heart wrt blood flow. He developed a pump for the foot that mimicked walking for bed ridden patients. Allegedly with some success but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Archived