Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

C-19.. Catalyst or trigger for the inevitable economy and property market crash?


haroldshand
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I think the higher end swapping equity coupled with low transactions overall is whats keeping the price indexes high/+ the average is calculated from top end heavy data which gives the illusion of a rising market which then filterers into lower transactions due to unrealistic pricing 

Some cases its people swapping highly prices housing equity for different, highly priced housing equity.

Their net position barely changes- bar the cash and tax cost with moving, which does stretch to a few 10ks.

Theres a lot who are almost doubling their exposure by withdrawing equity to 'invest' in a holiday let.

This tends to be withdraw 100kish plus a holiday home mortgage from Leeds BS of ~100k+

Leeds BS have recently  canned holiday let mortgages.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
57 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

What has happened to you Count? :), seen so much of your posts on housepricecrash that were bearish on property

Yes, you have just made my point for me, no they cannot afford to let house prices fall and every action they have put in place since 2008 is yet another dip into the silverware and family nest egg. Everytime a gimmick has been put in place to stop a property crash thousands of town public loos in the UK shut for good, Libraries close, low end wages are cut and staff laid off in the public sector, stealth tax rises, and of course more and more money goes on the rent or mortgage, bit by bit by bit real wages are dwindling and personal debt rising.

The country is now complaining and even rioting about social injustices(not just BLM), we are using food banks, poverty in the inner city and Boris must be screaming in his head " well it's either public services or high house price, which the f*** is it because you cannot have both".

We are just at that point now where this is being taken out of the control of politicians, and no "they cannot just" events are taking over.

Anyway, I see many of housepricecrash are bearish with you now :), there are some total pricks on there now since it was overrun by Momentum and those anti Brexit dicks, was once such a good website, though wrong for so long and now going wrong yet again and going against it's website name

Do you mean bullish ?

I'm neither now, I could not give a TOS about what happens with UK property, I think I gave up around 2016.  it's all about wealth protection, nothing else.  Im done with the UK and the establishments game.  F**k them.  I hope the end up facing the people and the hang mans noose.  Their are too many people in the world/country not to continue with their outdated system, it is not working.

Things like the Scottish Ref, the EU ref, the Cameron Osborne Lie, Carney, a property owning ass-hole being mad chancellor now a communist rich son in law to an Indian billionaire loon chancellor, Farage bailing on the people, CV19 ihave sickened me, t is clear that you and I have little chance in life. 

Sure, they throw a few dancing monkeys a million or two to give people something to aspire to, some hope of a great life ( like theirs ) but the whole system of "democratic" government is clearly design by the establishment for the establishment.  They dont care if we go hungry ( i'd wager the Rashford stunt was to try and stop social unrest ) they dont care if they take our money, it's just suited organised crime.  We are lucky that they haven't started taking people away who speak out against them, but that'll come, it always does.

We all know a collapse is coming and it wont be in just property.  We've known it for a long time now.  They will not stop, they cannot stop, their own necks are now on the line, literally. But, just like we've had the everything bubble, we are heading for the everything collapse and it will be carnage. When, who knows.  One thing I do know is...buying a house is the least of peoples worries when it does.

 

 

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Some cases its people swapping highly prices housing equity for different, highly priced housing equity.

 

 

If you're not on the pyramid the prices make no sense.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

haroldshand
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Do you mean bullish ?

I'm neither now, I could not give a TOS about what happens with UK property, I think I gave up around 2016.  it's all about wealth protection, nothing else.  Im done with the UK and the establishments game.  F**k them.  I hope the end up facing the people and the hang mans noose.  Their are too many people in the world/country not to continue with their outdated system, it is not working.

Things like the Scottish Ref, the EU ref, the Cameron Osborne Lie, Carney, a property owning ass-hole being mad chancellor now a communist rich son in law to an Indian billionaire loon chancellor, Farage bailing on the people, CV19 ihave sickened me, t is clear that you and I have little chance in life. 

Sure, they throw a few dancing monkeys a million or two to give people something to aspire to, some hope of a great life ( like theirs ) but the whole system of "democratic" government is clearly design by the establishment for the establishment.  They dont care if we go hungry ( i'd wager the Rashford stunt was to try and stop social unrest ) they dont care if they take our money, it's just suited organised crime.  We are lucky that they haven't started taking people away who speak out against them, but that'll come, it always does.

We all know a collapse is coming and it wont be in just property.  We've known it for a long time now.  They will not stop, they cannot stop, their own necks are now on the line, literally. But, just like we've had the everything bubble, we are heading for the everything collapse and it will be carnage. When, who knows.  One thing I do know is...buying a house is the least of peoples worries when it does.

 

 

If you're not on the pyramid the prices make no sense.

No, I meant Bearish, I was under the impression you wanted property prices to crash?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, haroldshand said:

No, I meant Bearish, I was under the impression you wanted property prices to crash?

Yes, of course I do. I just dont think they will now.

Another £100Bn today for what the BBC says is for:

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15198789

"Lower rates mean you get less interest on your savings, so it's less attractive to save money than to spend it. And lower interest rates make it cheaper to borrow money, so it's easier to buy a new house, or car, or expand your business."

image.png.4bddfa33b4a45fc56b62869ad6aded86.png

This is insane, totally f**king insane. They've used the CV19 as an excuse to rob us all again

 

So does anyone really expect asset prices to fall, look at the wall of money these ***s are throwing at this.

First thing they did, bring back TermFunding.

 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightscribe
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Yes, of course I do. I just dont think they will now.

Another £100Bn today for what the BBC says is for:

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15198789

"Lower rates mean you get less interest on your savings, so it's less attractive to save money than to spend it. And lower interest rates make it cheaper to borrow money, so it's easier to buy a new house, or car, or expand your business."

image.png.4bddfa33b4a45fc56b62869ad6aded86.png

This is insane, totally f**king insane. They've used the CV19 as an excuse to rob us all again

 

So does anyone really expect asset prices to fall, look at the wall of money these ***s are throwing at this.

First thing they did, bring back TermFunding.

 

This time it really is different. This will be global and will make all of the above chickens come home to roost and then some.

The question is at what cost? I personally can't see past a global economic reset.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
11 minutes ago, Sideysid said:

This time it really is different. This will be global and will make all of the above chickens come home to roost and then some.

The question is at what cost? I personally can't see past a global economic reset.

Such madness precedes war, big ****king millions dying type wars, or maybe revolutions, it'll be violent either way.  The creditors want what is rightfully theirs and they send millions out to get it back.

The sadness for me of what I have witnessed over the last 10 years or so I now doubt everything I've been told about what happened in German after 1930..

Did the Germans turn on the Jews because of the cataclysmic collapse they had, which was most likely was caused by unregulated bankers ?

I feel sorry for the Jews if that was the case and I feel sorry for the poor bastards that'll be the scapegoat this time around.  Take your pick, EEs, Muslims, Africans, Scottish, take you pick.  When TSHTF if your face dont fit you're in trouble.

All I wanted was a house at a fair price, what I got was the death of millions to look forward to, out children, to keep the rich establishment where they think they should rightfully sit.

 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

 I feel sorry for the poor bastards that'll be the scapegoat this time around.  Take your pick... When TSHTF if your face dont fit you're in trouble.

I'll take "white people" for 10 points

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Devil
5 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Do you mean bullish ?

I'm neither now, I could not give a TOS about what happens with UK property, I think I gave up around 2016.  it's all about wealth protection, nothing else.  Im done with the UK and the establishments game.  F**k them.  I hope the end up facing the people and the hang mans noose.  Their are too many people in the world/country not to continue with their outdated system, it is not working.

Things like the Scottish Ref, the EU ref, the Cameron Osborne Lie, Carney, a property owning ass-hole being mad chancellor now a communist rich son in law to an Indian billionaire loon chancellor, Farage bailing on the people, CV19 ihave sickened me, t is clear that you and I have little chance in life. 

Sure, they throw a few dancing monkeys a million or two to give people something to aspire to, some hope of a great life ( like theirs ) but the whole system of "democratic" government is clearly design by the establishment for the establishment.  They dont care if we go hungry ( i'd wager the Rashford stunt was to try and stop social unrest ) they dont care if they take our money, it's just suited organised crime.  We are lucky that they haven't started taking people away who speak out against them, but that'll come, it always does.

We all know a collapse is coming and it wont be in just property.  We've known it for a long time now.  They will not stop, they cannot stop, their own necks are now on the line, literally. But, just like we've had the everything bubble, we are heading for the everything collapse and it will be carnage. When, who knows.  One thing I do know is...buying a house is the least of peoples worries when it does.

 

 

If you're not on the pyramid the prices make no sense.

 

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Yes, of course I do. I just dont think they will now.

Another £100Bn today for what the BBC says is for:

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15198789

"Lower rates mean you get less interest on your savings, so it's less attractive to save money than to spend it. And lower interest rates make it cheaper to borrow money, so it's easier to buy a new house, or car, or expand your business."

image.png.4bddfa33b4a45fc56b62869ad6aded86.png

This is insane, totally f**king insane. They've used the CV19 as an excuse to rob us all again

 

So does anyone really expect asset prices to fall, look at the wall of money these ***s are throwing at this.

First thing they did, bring back TermFunding.

 

 

Really? 

As you said, all that happened is the rich got richer by asset inflation.

Why should this time be any different, there wont be any crash, just prices increasing and if the wages dont increase (which they wont) those in the 99% get poorer.

End of story. QE to infinity. 

 

EDIT

As an aside, If you want out, Opt out of the monetary system. Put your money in bitcoin. Most of the young these days are, the next generation will own digital money, not worthless fiat, inflationary fiat. That has a chance of ending the monetary scam we are currently in. Otherwise its same shit different day im afraid.

 

 

 

Edited by Green Devil
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bobthebuilder
6 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm neither now, I could not give a TOS about what happens with UK property

Funny enough. I have just had a look at TOS for the first time in years. I see Jonathan Davis is back calling a HPC, also saw the digs you had on him. Now i quite like JD, hear him from time to time on London radio but i get the feeling he has been reading a thread on here dont ya think?

Edit to add, I think prices are gonna fall now, all sense says they must, which probably means they wont.

Edited by Bobthebuilder
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
1 minute ago, Green Devil said:

 

 

Really? 

As you said, all that happened is the rich got richer by asset inflation.

Why should this time be any different, there wont be any crash, just prices increasing and if the wages dont increase (which they wont) those in the 99% get poorer.

End of story. QE to infinity. 

 

 

 

Prices are at extremes and extreme thats causing financial instability and social issues.

Its a fantasy to think QE will fix things. QE to infinity = £ to zero. Worthless currency=revolution. 

If you are rubbing your hands thinking you cant lose on property then you are a fool. 

I genuinely dont think house prices are about to crash but i know one thing for sure 99% are never going to see that magic money. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
6 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Funny enough. I have just had a look at TOS for the first time in years. I see Jonathan Davis is back calling a HPC, also saw the digs you had on him. Now i quite like JD, hear him from time to time on London radio but i get the feeling he has been reading a thread on here dont ya think?

Edit to add, I think prices are gonna fall now, all sense says they must, which probably means they wont.

I had a spat with him on twitter, if you asked him for predictions he would say... IRs to rise, buy uranium. If you mentioned house prices he slagged off everyone on TOS, a bot unfair i thought. He claimed hed not not been on Tos since, say, 2012 but he'd been PM 2 years after the date he claimed. He bare faced lied to me and didnt like being called out on it. 

No one is more surprised than me that he has turned up!!!

Ive no time for people who dont stick to their convictions. 

He sounds like a poor mans @durhamborn and arrogant with it. 

If he thinks theres a HPC in the pipeline tho id listen, he is not daft enough to shout out about it without some sold reasoning. 

 

Lets hope he is right this time. 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
26 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

 

Edit to add, I think prices are gonna fall now, all sense says they must, which probably means they wont.

Sense and bubbles are not natural friends. I am convinced they wont fall till the whole system is falling apart. Sure, sentiment can drive prices down but the 0.1% interest rate which will be enforced with tern funding will keep a floor under the falls. The bankers and poluticians are out of control, id wager they and all their chums are getting richer and think everyone, the plebs, is similarly happy with all that 'free' equity. 

The housing bubble should have ended 2008 but the poor, feckless and greedy refuse to believe they cant all get rich from a get rich quick scheme. 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Devil
20 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Prices are at extremes and extreme thats causing financial instability and social issues.

Its a fantasy to think QE will fix things. QE to infinity = £ to zero. Worthless currency=revolution. 

If you are rubbing your hands thinking you cant lose on property then you are a fool. 

I genuinely dont think house prices are about to crash but i know one thing for sure 99% are never going to see that magic money. 

 

 

So what? Makes no difference to the 1%. QE is good, makes them richer you said it yourself, as assets rise.

Yes revolution is the only solution, either financial or physical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

haroldshand
3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Yes, of course I do. I just dont think they will now.

Another £100Bn today for what the BBC says is for:

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15198789

"Lower rates mean you get less interest on your savings, so it's less attractive to save money than to spend it. And lower interest rates make it cheaper to borrow money, so it's easier to buy a new house, or car, or expand your business."

image.png.4bddfa33b4a45fc56b62869ad6aded86.png

This is insane, totally f**king insane. They've used the CV19 as an excuse to rob us all again

 

So does anyone really expect asset prices to fall, look at the wall of money these ***s are throwing at this.

First thing they did, bring back TermFunding.

 

Yep, everything you are saying is right about the past, but you was wrong at the time and you are wrong now.

But open your eyes, do you honestly think the bottom end of the food chain is going to continue putting up with this without doing anything?

And by bottom end of the food chain I mean anything up to 60% right now. And do you really think the BLM and antifa are playing up over race issues, though a few are. The way things are going I can see London becoming more like the rough parts of South Africa, actually I can see a few cities becoming like SA.

When we get back to work proper after C-19, and I suspect Autumn, there is no way there is going to be no pain, there is no way peoples habits are not going to change which among other things will cause a chain reaction, and the richest have taken the piss long enough and the people are just not going to put up with it anymore, cannot put up with it anymore.

But I know I cannot change yours or housepricecrash's mind right now, just me in myself am certain, and that's enough for me:)

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Sense and bubbles are not natural friends. 

Thw housing bubble should have ended 2008 but the poor, feckless and greedy refuse to believe they cant all get rich from a get rich quick scheme. 

Tell me about it. I found TOS back in 2004 because i thought it was insane then.

I reckon about 80% of the population think its HPI for ever, i am surrounded by them, its my pension innit, get a BTL, etc , etc.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
3 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

So what? Makes no difference to the 1%. QE is good, makes them richer you said it yourself, as assets rise.

Yes revolution is the only solution, either financial or physical.

Qe makes the rich to the point it collapses the system, then it makes all of us very poor. 

Not many is going to win this game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

haroldshand
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Such madness precedes war, big ****king millions dying type wars, or maybe revolutions, it'll be violent either way.  The creditors want what is rightfully theirs and they send millions out to get it back.

The sadness for me of what I have witnessed over the last 10 years or so I now doubt everything I've been told about what happened in German after 1930..

Did the Germans turn on the Jews because of the cataclysmic collapse they had, which was most likely was caused by unregulated bankers ?

I feel sorry for the Jews if that was the case and I feel sorry for the poor bastards that'll be the scapegoat this time around.  Take your pick, EEs, Muslims, Africans, Scottish, take you pick.  When TSHTF if your face dont fit you're in trouble.

All I wanted was a house at a fair price, what I got was the death of millions to look forward to, out children, to keep the rich establishment where they think they should rightfully sit.

 

Lifes a bitch at times Count, but people by far are decent if you give them the chance. One day/decade Bob gets a good break while Count suffers, and the next decade Count gets his lucky breaks, don't be so down on the world mate, you have been hanging around with pricks like Bruce Banner for too long:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
2 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Yep, everything you are saying is right about the past, but you was wrong at the time and you are wrong now.

But open your eyes, do you honestly think the bottom end of the food chain is going to continue putting up with this without doing anything?

And by bottom end of the food chain I mean anything up to 60% right now. And do you really think the BLM and antifa are playing up over race issues, though a few are. The way things are going I can see London becoming more like the rough parts of South Africa, actually I can see a few cities becoming like SA.

When we get back to work proper after C-19, and I suspect Autumn, there is no way there is going to be no pain, there is no way peoples habits are not going to change which among other things will cause a chain reaction, and the richest have taken the piss long enough and the people are just not going to put up with it anymore, cannot put up with it anymore.

But I know I cannot change yours or housepricecrash's mind right now, just me in myself am certain, and that's enough for me:)

Thanks for telling me im wrong. I thought i was the only one whos been right. 

Maybe you think i was wrong not buying a house.?

 

Not buying a house since 2007 was the best thing ive done, financiallt, petsinallt, family, its all worked out a treat. 

No one has much to base whats going to happen next on. 

Your guess is as good as mine but to say im wrong is pretty arrogant and rude. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don Coglione
32 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Prices are at extremes and extreme thats causing financial instability and social issues.

Its a fantasy to think QE will fix things. QE to infinity = £ to zero. Worthless currency=revolution. 

If you are rubbing your hands thinking you cant lose on property then you are a fool. 

I genuinely dont think house prices are about to crash but i know one thing for sure 99% are never going to see that magic money. 

 

 

So why do you claim to own a house in France and claim to be looking to buy two more, in Italy/Spain and Ireland?

Don't get sucked in, people...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
7 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Yep, everything you are saying is right about the past, but you was wrong at the time and you are wrong now.

But open your eyes, do you honestly think the bottom end of the food chain is going to continue putting up with this without doing anything?

And by bottom end of the food chain I mean anything up to 60% right now. And do you really think the BLM and antifa are playing up over race issues, though a few are. The way things are going I can see London becoming more like the rough parts of South Africa, actually I can see a few cities becoming like SA.

When we get back to work proper after C-19, and I suspect Autumn, there is no way there is going to be no pain, there is no way peoples habits are not going to change which among other things will cause a chain reaction, and the richest have taken the piss long enough and the people are just not going to put up with it anymore, cannot put up with it anymore.

But I know I cannot change yours or housepricecrash's mind right now, just me in myself am certain, and that's enough for me:)

I had you down as a troll from your 2nd post. I was wrong again... Yiur first post gave it away. Goodbye. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
8 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Tell me about it. I found TOS back in 2004 because i thought it was insane then.

I reckon about 80% of the population think its HPI for ever, i am surrounded by them, its my pension innit, get a BTL, etc , etc.

I remember saying in 2001... These price rises cant keep going... People agreed.... But keep going they did... Banking system collapse and still the plebs clamour for more. 

After 2005 it was never ever ever going to end well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

haroldshand
22 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I had a spat with him on twitter, if you asked him for predictions he would say... IRs to rise, buy uranium. If you mentioned house prices he slagged off everyone on TOS, a bot unfair i thought. He claimed hed not not been on Tos since, say, 2012 but he'd been PM 2 years after the date he claimed. He bare faced lied to me and didnt like being called out on it. 

No one is more surprised than me that he has turned up!!!

Ive no time for people who dont stick to their convictions. 

He sounds like a poor mans @durhamborn and arrogant with it. 

If he thinks theres a HPC in the pipeline tho id listen, he is not daft enough to shout out about it without some sold reasoning. 

 

Lets hope he is right this time. 

 

I am not convinced you believe that a crash is out of the question, I think you are trying some bat shit reverse psychology because you have been wrong for so long ;)

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chewing Grass

I think we are about six weeks from a crash, it may have started but there is no official data yet.

Started hearing about highly skilled engineers in my sector being given their notice today.

These people don't get binned in ones and twos as they are very hard to replace.

Surplus labour equals downward pressure on wages and with interest rates virtually zero there is no fat left in the housing market.

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

haroldshand
8 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Thanks for telling me im wrong. I thought i was the only one whos been right. 

Maybe you think i was wrong not buying a house.?

 

Not buying a house since 2007 was the best thing ive done, financiallt, petsinallt, family, its all worked out a treat. 

No one has much to base whats going to happen next on. 

Your guess is as good as mine but to say im wrong is pretty arrogant and rude. 

I am only saying you are wrong in your property predicting Count, I know nothing about your life,  sorry if I offended, that was not my intention

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

haroldshand
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I had you down as a troll from your 2nd post. I was wrong again... Yiur first post gave it away. Goodbye. 

Ehhh!!

Wow, where did that come from

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...