DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

"The move is blamed on a delay in means-testing of the free licence for over-75s and issues in collecting fees during lockdown"

issues collecting direct debits ?

The issue is not in collecting the fees, the issue is in:

a) No one wants to pay these ****s

b) People have no money

I would love, love, if the BBC collapsed.

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Everyone stopped paying them ?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-bbc-invites-staff-to-apply-for-voluntary-redundancy-due-to-covid-19-impact-12008845

Coronavirus: BBC invites staff to apply for voluntary redundancy due to COVID-19 impact

You may laugh but the incentive might be 3 months pay for every year you worked there - kerching.

8 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The public sector should not be in charge of the public's money

Here we go, it will be similar to this:-

Just going to have a read, be back in a mo.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/foi/classes/policies_procedures/bbc_reorganisation_redundancy_policy.pdf

Right, they will waffle about it for 45 days, then you get 4 months notice and a months pay for every year you attended capped at £150K.

Nobody will work their notice, they will be paid to go home.

So even if you have only worked there a couple of years you will be bunged at least 6 months money tax-free.

Edited by Chewing Grass
15 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Here we go, it will be similar to this:-

Just going to have a read, be back in a mo.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/foi/classes/policies_procedures/bbc_reorganisation_redundancy_policy.pdf

Right, they will waffle about it for 45 days, then you get 4 months notice and a months pay for every year you attended capped at £150K.

Nobody will work their notice, they will be paid to go home.

So even if you have only worked there a couple of years you will be bunged at least 6 months money tax-free.

'Kin 'ell. 

Nice work if you can get it.

26 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

If you haven't been in or working from home they don't need you 

Ive been saying this from the start, here and in the tiny circle of people I interact with elsewhere. Thats the thing about lockdown, people have got all their opinions from the tame MSM rather than the cynical old curmudgeon down the pub.

Just now, Melchett said:

Ive been saying this from the start, here and in the tiny circle of people I interact with elsewhere. Thats the thing about lockdown, people have got all their opinions from the tame MSM rather than the cynical old curmudgeon down the pub.

Yup. If they can't work out how to get you back at work now you ain't going back.

9 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I think @The XYY Man's recent experience highlights that there are exceptions to that rule.

I put, "Your efforts during the lockdown will be recognised" in the same corporate bullshit box as "it will look good on your CV"...

7 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

I put, "Your efforts during the lockdown will be recognised" in the same corporate bullshit box as "it will look good on your CV"...

Yes. Smaller companies will usually hold on to anyone they can during the bad times. Big companies just have a cost cutting cull

10 hours ago, sarahbell said:

10 hours ago, Melchett said:

That's over-simplifying it.

In my old company one division had been teetering on the brink for years.  They were all furloughed and the general dip in their line of work means that they, as an already poor performer, are being closed down.  Goodbye.

However there were a lot of other people furloughed because the work that they did was either not, or mostly not, being carried out owing to lockdown / social distancing.  Now those activities are returning to normal levels they are back off furlough and working again.

1 minute ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

Yep, i work for an sme. It takes 6 months to get a replacement up to speed with everything even if they are well-qualified. 

Big companies don't factor in the cost of hiring, as HR aren't paying the bills. In a small company the MD knows exactly what is being spent.