DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Nope. 

My late father didnt do it..or expect anything.

i dont do it.

Mind if there isnt even a bottle of a beer going I am going to be quietly annoyed.

And...I have seen some of the gear in the shops for it.

At least a post FD bargain.

Thats it they can all sod off and finish the decorating.

Off to the pub......ah

...bollocks.

1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

I think you win.

I doubt anyone else here will get even a tenth of that booty.

I was interviewed for a senior role at Kinnerton Confectionery a few years back. He was wittering on about Christmas, Easter, Mum’s Day etc. He mentioned that Father’s Day is peak season for sock makers.... I shit you not!

1 minute ago, JohnThePessimist said:

I was interviewed for a senior role at Kinnerton Confectionery a few years back. He was wittering on about Christmas, Easter, Mum’s Day etc. He mentioned that Father’s Day is peak season for sock makers.... I shit you not!

Hmmm. I only own one pair of socks. I guess a spare pair might come in handy.

Not really arsed tbh, I like a card but I'm not bothered about presents.  

This society doesn't value fathers anyway so it all seems a load of shit, they only care about father's when they've committed suicide due to being fucked over the by system and everyone suddenly finds a heart and says oh what a shock/how terrible etc etc.

1 minute ago, JFK said:

This society doesn't value fathers anyway so it all seems a load of shit, they only care about father's when they've committed suicide due to being fucked over the by system and everyone suddenly finds a heart and says oh what a shock/how terrible etc etc.

I worry if I get a card. I know it is going to cost me a few hundred times more a week or so later.

5 minutes ago, JFK said:

I think I saw that printed in a Clinton's father's day card once.

My dad gets whichever of the top priced whiskies in Lidl takes my fancy tomorrow.

And before anyone gets sniffy about that...

A bottle of whisky costing just £13.49 at Lidl has won big at the first round of this year's World Whiskies Awards, scooping the prize for 'Best Scotch Whisky' in the '12 year old and under' category in the 'Blended' section.

The Lidl Queen Margot Blend Scotch Whisky is produced by using traditional whisky-making methods, which will have included malting, mashing, fermentation, distillation and maturation.

It contains dried apricot and plum, which the supermarket says imbue it with "a rich sweetness and depth of flavour" and is mellowed for eight years in oak casks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/lidl-whisky-scotch-best-world-competition-award-alcohol-supermarket-a8798941.html

We picked up a father's Day card for husband's dad. 

So son picked it up and wrote it for his birthday yesterday. He claims I told him too! He saw it was a father's Day card and didn't think very much about that being different. 

So no proper father's Day card for husband's dad. Ah well he'll have a jar of honey and enjoy that.

Edited by sarahbell
1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Anyone expecting anything special?

(Obviously a six pack of Pepsi and some time on the PS4 goes without saying)

Going round to my dad’s house, with my wife and kids. My sister will be there with her husband and kids. Fish and chips for everyone from the chip shop.

Toblerone for dad.

(Will be in the garden and complying with social distancing bollocks obvs.)

3 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Anyone expecting anything special?

(Obviously a six pack of Pepsi and some time on the PS4 goes without saying)

I didn't know it was coming up.

Today I got through the post:

1 ) A card
2 ) A print made for me by my daughter
3 ) A letter from HMRC telling me I am due a tax refund of over £600.

I've had worse days. :)

20 minutes ago, JFK said:

I might (if I'm lucky) get a text message from estranged daughter saying 'happy fathers day' - and then that's it for another year. Ho hum.

How about ‘Present’ yourself to her on her doorstep? Tell her you wanted to see her, she can’t be pissed off to your face on Fathers Day

I've never had a father's day card from my kids who are with my first wife.  It's part of her games to try to make me feel shit, along with gaslighting and other bollocks.

Luckily, her life is awful and lonely and mine is pretty fucking rock - so I don't mind not getting a card once a year, as I know every day I have a great life makes her incredibly angry, but it's another example of fathers being fucked over by the court system when there are no obligations on females except for the money they get from the poor sap who married them (i.e. me).

There is another thread about things you'd change to make the world better.

1) assumption of fathers having custody for male children.