DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile, we are able to keep gimmigrants and bennie seekers in the life to which they are entitled. Even though they have contributed little.  

More covid.

What happens when the hand to mouth PAYE slaves realise that the government is shafting them on their pensions? 1. They will inflate away state pensions. 2. In about 5 to 10 years they will

16 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Surprised this hasn't been raised.

Gov. need to get rid of it to avoid an exceptional pension rise of 15%+ next year.

Boomers kicking off as expected.

But what choice is there?

I did see that. That was kept quiet.

All extra spend that was started with Browns doubling of GPs pay.

It was all based on that cretins belief that, now with his genius, the UK economy would grow at 5%+ a year, making these huge spending commitments look like small, wise investments.

UK wages have barely budged in real terms over 20 years.

Cretins generosity have been paid by national debt - doubling just so Mrs Brady can have a 5k pension bump up, shazza can get equivalent to 40k job.

Then Camoron got in on the act, with the triple lock.

Theres massive public sector spend reduction baked in now. No other way.

Northsea oils gone. The City wont generate much cash.

Edited by spygirl
1 minute ago, deathfunk said:

What happens when the hand to mouth PAYE slaves realise that the government is shafting them on their pensions?

1. They will inflate away state pensions.

2. In about 5 to 10 years they will announce they are means testing everyone's private pensions. Ergo they will be deducting all those auto-enrolled payments from people's state pensions. 

It doesn't pay to work.

No.

Theres current spend before that. You can get rid of 30% of NHS with no effect on service.

Theres also defaulting all the meant to fully funded pensions.

Surely we should have at least a triple lock squared?

We've erm, been 'blessed' with more immigrants than pretty much anywhere else on the planet, and, as we're told 'immigrants are paying our pensions' so surely we've got money to burn?

Government wouldnt miscalculate or overstate the fiscal benefits of immigrants, surely?!

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

All extra spend that was started with Broens doubling of GOs pay.

It was all based on that cretins belief that, now with his genius, the UK economy would grow at 5%+ a year, making these huge spending commitments look like small, rise investments.

UK wages have barely budged unreal terms over 20 years.

Cretins genourosity have been paid by national debt - doubling just so Mrs Brady can have a 5k pension bump up, shazza can get equivalent to 40k job.

Then Camoron got in on the act, with the triple lock.

Theres massive public sector spend reduction baked in now. No other way.

The oils hond. The City wont generate much cash.

City generates cash alright. Trouble is it doesnt (and never has) generated productivity, wealth or any other actual tangible benefit to keep the MV=PQ equation in check. 

Drop a nuke on the city of London and the wider economy would actually improve some. Plus, socially we'd be left with a better class of human too!

7 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

City generates cash alright. Trouble is it doesnt (and never has) generated productivity, wealth or any other actual tangible benefit to keep the MV=PQ equation in check. 

Drop a nuke on the city of London and the wider economy would actually improve some. Plus, socially we'd be left with a better class of human too!

The nuke is a land value tax.

17 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

I used to think the finsec was a necessary evil.

However, beyond a small number doing advice n consultancy, most of it is junk zero sum stuff.

Look at all the companies that have been floated in the last 10 years - AA, Debenhams, Amigo loans etc.

The wider finsec is decimating every year. There will be very few people in the finsec soon.

Stuff like retail banking needs to be treated - and rewarded - like a utility.

People like Woodford just heap more shit on the shit pile.

21 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

I have worked in the City for 15 years and can confirm. Mind you, for every three Apprentice candidate types, there's a normal bloke who's just trying to cling to his sanity in the shitty organisations that inhabit the City so he can retire at 50 instead of 70.

51 minutes ago, deathfunk said:

What happens when the hand to mouth PAYE slaves realise that the government is shafting them on their pensions?

2. In about 5 to 10 years they will announce they are means testing everyone's private pensions. Ergo they will be deducting all those auto-enrolled payments from people's state pensions. 

It doesn't pay to work.

That’s exactly what they will do imo they will deduct it from the state pension and keep their word ie we promised you 165 quid a week

Edited by stokiescum
1 hour ago, deathfunk said:

It doesn't pay to work.

Not enough reps.

Getting everyone onto a private pension is the pathway to means testing pensions in the future. I know quite a few think this will never happen, I'm 100% certain it will.

43 minutes ago, One percent said:

This. They have already hinted at means testing the state pension. Remind me, what exactly do we pay National insurance for?  Twats. Odious, quisling twats. 

Oh don't be silly. You don't complain when you get your camera stolen on holiday and the insurance company just decides not to pay out as they notice you have a nice car and a few quid tucked away....

Oh actually you might :Old:

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Surprised this hasn't been raised.

Gov. need to get rid of it to avoid an exceptional pension rise of 15%+ next year.

Boomers kicking off as expected.

But what choice is there?

Why 15% ?

7 minutes ago, ccc said:

Oh don't be silly. You don't complain when you get your camera stolen on holiday and the insurance company just decides not to pay out as they notice you have a nice car and a few quid tucked away....

Oh actually you might :Old:

Why 15% ?

Correct. It’s theft from the sap taxpayer. Again. 

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Agree one hundred percent.

From being a boy, I've had a social contract with the government that at the age of 65, I could retire and claim a state pension. In exchange, I gave up around 7 to 9 % of my wages. Sounded like a canny deal to me.

But this contract has clearly been broken, and we should all be rioting in the fucking streets. It's got Jack-shit to do with "Boomers" or any of that bollocks, it's simply a deal that has been welshed on. But we all keep paying the NI every month.

But we aren't rioting are we...? Because we are impotent spineless fuckwits who simply take it up the shitter and do fuck all about it.

Perhaps if Black Pensions Mattered then we'd be fucking rioting - and pulling down a few statues of Churchill and Clement fucking Attlee...

XYY

I don’t think I have ever agreed with you more.  

it is this tearing up of the social contract that pisses me off more than anything else.  

34 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I can't see the "miracle of finance" lasting for ever.

Finance will always be there, its essential if we are to avoid barter.

However.....

The extreme leverage is going to go. I doubt itll last long after interest payments are made non tax deductable. A single policy that has destroyed more wealth for the many whilst earning vast wealth for a tiny few.

The financisation stuff, churn a la cretin Welch GE is gone.

Stuff like the trading floors, loved by the telly still are nothing more than a few xenon servers running something written in erlang.

I was involved ( at the edge) of one of the initial automated electronic exchanges. We went down for visit - get a feel, as they said. Some, literally, barrow boy type told us we were 'Muppets. A computer could never do his job.' The human traders were gone in a few months of the computer being turned on.

The only thrusting young yuppy types you here of are these gormless fx trading scammers who pop up every few months in the mail, never to be heard off again.

Easy pickings for tabloid pump n dump

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7553715/College-drop-23-claims-hes-millionaire-learning-trade-Forex-YouTube.html

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/hull-daily-mail/20200106/281625307231735

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7706745/Medical-student-says-Forex-trading-make-millionaire-21.html

https://www.business-live.co.uk/enterprise/fca-issues-warning-20-year-17497111

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7856121/Instagram-Forex-trader-Gurvin-Singh-GS3-Trades-scams-1-000-victims-3million.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7811671/Forex-trader-Instagram-lure-young-people-flash-cars-holidays-revealed.html

I like this one

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7123357/Online-trader-goes-level-failure-teenage-millionaire.html

In May 2018, Mr Legg persuaded his parents, Sandra, 55, and Kevin, 60, to sell their cafe and now claims to pay them an annual salary of £2,000 a month.

Sandra said: 'He's a very driven young man. He works very hard.

'We worked hard so we could do nice things with him. He's kind and just wants to make us happy.

'At first when we sold the cafe I thought 'I need to do something' but he was determined to pay us back for the hard work we put in and the opportunities we gave him.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/11282180-teamfx-limited

Edited by spygirl
17 minutes ago, invalid said:

Getting everyone onto a private pension is the pathway to means testing pensions in the future. I know quite a few think this will never happen, I'm 100% certain it will.

If they are smart they will do it a different way..

Get rid of the triple lock  -  check

Freeze the state pension at current amount -

Introduce means tested pension "top ups" -

Let inflation erode the universal state pension and keep increasing the means tested element. -

The poor get enough pension to live on,   nobody else kicks up a fuss because they still get their state pension (even if it is only worth half a farthing by that point). Job done.

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

I don’t think I have ever agreed with you more.  

it is this tearing up of the social contract that pisses me off more than anything else.  

Me too.

I accepted the social contract as it seemed fair - we paid into a scheme, and we were promised that we would get a half-decent weekly sum when we retire. What is not to like about that..?

But these twisted bent cunts are taking it from us. And we just are just letting them.

Can you daft fuckers not see how fucking evil this act of treason is...?

But no, you fuck around with your precious mobile fucking phones - and talk a load of fucking shite about greedy "boomers".

Well let me tell you this. Boomer or not, I've paid in since I was 16 - and I want the cunt out at the other end.

And anyone who disagrees with that simple premise is a fucking arsehole of the highest order.

What's right is fucking right, and I demand what I've paid for...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man