DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Things that no one gives a shit about since Convid...

26 minutes ago, dgul said:

I have decided that the majority of people can only have one thing to give a fuck about.

For a while it has been coronavirus.  Recently it was BLM.

I'm sure that once people are bored with those two they'll find something else.

Yep. Remember #BringBackOurGirls? #JeSuisCharlie? I remember when all anyone talked about at work for a whole week was fucking #TheDress.

1 hour ago, AWW said:

Yep. Remember #BringBackOurGirls? #JeSuisCharlie? I remember when all anyone talked about at work for a whole week was fucking #TheDress.

Back when multi channel tv was starting to happen, somebody on a radio phone in said that it was a bad idea.

Because with multiple channels, coworkers might not have the same tv programs to talk about.

Seems like there's some truth in that. Without limited tv channels for people to focus on, it's flavour of the month causes that they focus on.

6 minutes ago, jm51 said:

Back when multi channel tv was starting to happen, somebody on a radio phone in said that it was a bad idea.

Because with multiple channels, coworkers might not have the same tv programs to talk about.

Seems like there's some truth in that. Without limited tv channels for people to focus on, it's flavour of the month causes that they focus on.

Plus with streaming services people can be at entirely different stages within a series.

I remember there being several The Walking Dead fans at work but they were only discussing it with the people who were at the same point.  The woman who had watched them all became Ellie no mates as far as this was concerned because she knew what was going to happen.

When I was at senior school Friday morning chats mostly comprised talking about the Thursday night shows of Top of the Pops and Blackadder which it seemed like everyone had watched and not just little cliques.  I assume that work places were similar; it genuinely did bring people together.

• Harry 'n' Meghan
  • Islamic jihad/grooming gangs (it was being kept as quiet as possible before Covid anyway)
  • Britain's Got F*ck All Talent Celebrity Love Island X Factor type nonsense
  • Fats with Tats models on magazine covers (I think the fat pride stuff has been quietly shelved in light of Covid)
  • All the rubbish about 'cliff edge' Brexit and 'crashing out' of the EU ('crashing out' of a burning building is probably the best thing to do)