DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

New Zealand From clear to eternity

sarahbell

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300038141/coronavirus-unwell-guests-ushered-from-hotel-linked-to-latest-case-in-protective-gear

Jun 19 2020
It is unknown whether the father and son, who were taken away from the Naumi Hotel, near Auckland Airport, on Thursday wrapped head to toe in plastic, have returned positive Covid-19 tests, but it's understood the older man was unwell.

Richard Davis, a painter-decorator originally from Waitomo but now based in rural Queensland, has been at the hotel for 10 days sitting out his mandatory two weeks of isolation. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/17/new-zealand-brings-in-military-after-covid-19-quarantine-fiasco

PM condemns failure to test pair before they left quarantine after arrival from UK
Wed 17 Jun 2020 11.28 BST

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The XYY Man

• Loki

• spygirl

• eight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NZ is going to get the virus. Its choice to to catch the virus slowly. Or destroy the economy then catch he virus.    

When I was in Matalan in Darlo buying a suit for my FIL's funeral, the woman serving me asked me straight out what I was up for.

NZ has killed off two of its three biggest revenue streams (international tourism and overseas student-farming). I can't see how the current situation can be sustainable without a magical and perfect

Posted Images

Wife currently watching the NZ England netball game live on Sky. 

FULL arena. No social distancing. Every seat taken.

Haven’t seen a single mask yet, and there are some oldies in the crowd.

Really odd... I get that NZ have almost eradicated the virus (which by its definition would be almost impossible in today’s world), but I would still expect some residual fear and paranoia, meaning mask wearing would continue for some time after.

• Informative 1
The Masked Tulip
2 hours ago, Rowley said:

Wife currently watching the NZ England netball game live on Sky. 

FULL arena. No social distancing. Every seat taken.

Haven’t seen a single mask yet, and there are some oldies in the crowd.

Really odd... I get that NZ have almost eradicated the virus (which by its definition would be almost impossible in today’s world), but I would still expect some residual fear and paranoia, meaning mask wearing would continue for some time after.

Aren't they a wholly owned subsidary of the CCP now? Might explain the no masks at events like this. 

• Agree 1
The Generation Game

If we assume that nobody that flies to NZ is positive but that the test has accuracy of 99%. 

That means that every 100th person will test positive. Does this mean that 200 people on their plane get quarantined?

Do they run around like headless chickens, realising that the one person could have infected 200 others, who've now inserted themselves into the Auckland populace?

Just mental. 

Green Devil
1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

If we assume that nobody that flies to NZ is positive but that the test has accuracy of 99%. 

That means that every 100th person will test positive. Does this mean that 200 people on their plane get quarantined?

Do they run around like headless chickens, realising that the one person could have infected 200 others, who've now inserted themselves into the Auckland populace?

Just mental. 

Earlier on this forum we were complaining that you eradicate the virus by closing airports, which we weren't doing. Most seemed in support of it. NZ have done this. That's why they can have full stadiums with no masks. An ecomony CAN prosper without tourism from abroad and business from abroad that is self sufficient. 

Good luck to them I say. We had the chance here as an island but it was more important to keep the tourists coming in and trade flowing with europe than eradicating the virus. Anyway it wouldnt have worked here as our economy is not a self sustaining economy and just a ponzi of immigration from Europe and Rotw. 

The Generation Game
18 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Earlier on this forum we were complaining that you eradicate the virus by closing airports, which we weren't doing. Most seemed in support of it. NZ have done this. That's why they can have full stadiums with no masks. An ecomony CAN prosper without tourism from abroad and business from abroad that is self sufficient. 

Good luck to them I say. We had the chance here as an island but it was more important to keep the tourists coming in and trade flowing with europe than eradicating the virus. Anyway it wouldnt have worked here as our economy is not a self sustaining economy and just a ponzi of immigration from Europe and Rotw. 

They are going to have to operate a system where few are allowed in or out, with constant asymptomatic flare-ups occuring. 

• Agree 1
swiss_democracy_for_all
3 hours ago, spygirl said:

NZ is going to get the virus.

Its choice to to catch the virus slowly.

Or destroy the economy then catch he virus.

Yes they'll get it so I agree on this point. But I guess if they can have everything open, even without foreign visitors, their economy will do better than locked down places. Also they produce and export/sell stuff and have more than enough food so might possibly do ok while closed off, albeit less well than when open.

And if a vaccine appears, they could potentially vaccinate all the oldies and care home workers, then just open up again and let it rip.  Nah, of course Jacinda won't do that, she's more likely to have people presented with the choice of a vaccine or a camp.

Quarantine camps for those who refuse to be tested - a totalitarian Blair disciple, now there's a shock. With a recent event in Christchurch that has led to them disarming the population a bit, hmmm.

6 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Yes, see my remarks above. However I still maintain that Blairite will be the ruin of them eventually, she'll fill their cities with the useless kind of Muzzers deliberately, using the Kiwis inbuilt tendency to want to be on the moral high ground against them.

• Agree 2

NZ has killed off two of its three biggest revenue streams (international tourism and overseas student-farming). I can't see how the current situation can be sustainable without a magical and perfect vaccine. Feels like Wile E. Coyote running in mid-air to me.

• Agree 4
spygirl

NZ is heading towards its Summer.

Put the old n poorly in the camps.

Have covid parties for everyone else.

Seriously.

If you're gonna get it, get it in summer.

Edited by spygirl
The XYY Man
1 hour ago, Loki said:

It's only gay if you push back, after all.

I don't think that there's anything "gay" about it at all, if you accept the original meaning of the word "gay".

I cannot envisage any circumstances whatsoever where a gadgie shoving his cock up my arse would make me happy...

XYY

• Informative 1
33 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I don't think that there's anything "gay" about it at all, if you accept the original meaning of the word "gay".

I cannot envisage any circumstances whatsoever where a gadgie shoving his cock up my arse would make me happy...

XYY

Think outside the 'box'

• Lol 1
The XYY Man
13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Think outside the 'box'

:)

I try to be more modern and "hip with the kids" mate, I really do.

But for the life of me, I always seem to end up knacker deep in a fat, sweaty, haddock pastie...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
  • Lol 1
Just now, The XYY Man said:

But for the life of me, I always seem to end up knacker deep in a fat, sweaty haddock pastie...

I thought you didn't use Tinder/smart phones?

Busted! What's your insta #yolo 

• Lol 1
The XYY Man
8 minutes ago, Loki said:

I thought you didn't use Tinder/smart phones?

Busted! What's your insta #yolo 

I'm sure what you posted was funny, but I'm fucked if I understand it...

;)

XYY

• Lol 1
The XYY Man
5 minutes ago, Loki said:

There's an app for that.

Sorry, but I'm old school. 

I still prefer a tube of cream and some happy pills off the doctor...

XYY

• Cheers 1
15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Sorry, but I'm old school. 

I still prefer a tube of cream and some happy pills off the doctor...

XYY

I assumed you wouldn't be seen dead in a quack's office.  Whisky cures all!

The XYY Man
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

I assumed you wouldn't be seen dead in a quack's office.  Whisky cures all!

That's true enough.

The magic properties of the liquid gold has certainly saved me some dentist's bills...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

That's true enough.

The magic properties of the liquid gold has certainly saved me some dentist's bills...

XYY

That and Cohiba Siglos got me through the tail end of COVID in December. (I am serious)  I suppose there are worse times of year to come down with a fatal* virus.  :Beer:

*Results may vary.