• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
M S E Refugee

Poland v Germany

Poland is considering asking for Reparations for the destruction they have caused during the 2nd World War.

I am in Poland at the moment and although Poland has come on leaps and bounds over the last 20 years it is still evident from the crumbling buildings and infrastructure that Germany still owes Poland a massive amount of money to put things right.

I am guessing this posturing is more to do with Poland's refusal to take any of Merkel's gimmegrants. 

2 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Poland is considering asking for Reparations for the destruction they have caused during the 2nd World War.

I am in Poland at the moment and although Poland has come on leaps and bounds over the last 20 years it is still evident from the crumbling buildings and infrastructure that Germany still owes Poland a massive amount of money to put things right.

I am guessing this posturing is more to do with Poland's refusal to take any of Merkel's gimmegrants. 

I think German owes Poland and the Polish people vast sums of money. I think they owe loads of people - ditto Japan. Fuckers.

The destruction of infrastructure, in financial cost, was staggering. The cultural loss even greater. The human loss - the human loss in Poland is incapable for the human mind to understand.

How those fucking Germans, with their horrifying history have the nerve to try to dominate and bully Poland; words fail me. Germany should never have been allowed to reunify in 1949, they are just too dangerous. Hopefully the Czechs and Greeks can join up in this excellent idea.

1 minute ago, Stunley Andwin said:

How those fucking Germans, with their horrifying history have the nerve to try to dominate and bully Poland; words fail me. Germany should never have been allowed to reunify in 1949, they are just too dangerous. Hopefully the Czechs and Greeks can join up in this excellent idea.

I kind of wonder whether Merkel and her mass gimmigrant experiment isn't a way of trying to finish what the Germans failed to accomplish in '45.  o.O

1 hour ago, One percent said:

I kind of wonder whether Merkel and her mass gimmigrant experiment isn't a way of trying to finish what the Germans failed to accomplish in '45.  o.O

Strange how we won the war and still ended up with Germany in charge of Europe.

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I think German owes Poland and the Polish people vast sums of money. I think they owe loads of people - ditto Japan. Fuckers.

The destruction of infrastructure, in financial cost, was staggering. The cultural loss even greater. The human loss - the human loss in Poland is incapable for the human mind to understand.

I don't. There was a settlement at the end of the war, between the parties involved in it.

This business of wanting money simply because you happen to believe someone's ancestors probably wronged some of your ancestors is horse shit.

11 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I don't. There was a settlement at the end of the war, between the parties involved in it.

This business of wanting money other nation states to take in massive amounts of gimmigrants simply because you happen to believe someone's ancestors probably wronged some of your ancestors is  (Merkel) say they should is horse shit.

Hope you don't mind, corrected. :)

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I don't really see that as a correction. That is a completely different statement, but one that I also think is true.

True.  I was going with sentiments above regarding how Germany, despite losing the war appear to now be dominating Europe. 

40 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

This business of wanting money simply because you happen to believe someone's ancestors probably wronged some of your ancestors is horse shit.

There was a settlement at the end of the War but it was not satisfactory as Poland was forced by the Soviet Union to waive any settlement from communist East Germany.

Also Poland's legitimate Government was based in London not in Warsaw.

I think it is basically mischief making by the Polish Government but I still think they have a point.

4 hours ago, One percent said:

They failed with the guns but they are certainly having a good go in round two the political war ,but i think the veil is slipping 

1 minute ago, M S E Refugee said:

There was a settlement at the end of the War but it was not satisfactory as Poland was forced by the Soviet Union to waive any settlement from communist East Germany.

Also Poland's legitimate Government was based in London not in Warsaw.

I think it is basically mischief making by the Polish Government but I still think they have a point.

They are playing the victim card and they have every right to IMO ,what the Germans are trying to force onto the former eastern block countries now in the EU is criminal  let alone the rest of the EU nations 

5 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

They are playing the victim card and they have every right to IMO ,what the Germans are trying to force onto the former eastern block countries now in the EU is criminal  let alone the rest of the EU nations 

Perhaps the UK should do the same.

I was just reading about the 1953 London Debt agreement whereby the UK wrote off half of Germany's war debt.

We should tell that cheeky bastard Merkel to fuck off,if she tries demanding money from the UK for Brexit.

Holy fucking shit, the absolute madmen have only gone and done it.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/838276/Poland-Germany-War-Crimes-billions-report

Poland are to demand 350 billion euros from Germany.:Jumping:

I hope that all other countries invaded by Germany, in particular those being targeted by Germany and the EU now join in, Greece and the Czech Republic, I am looking at you.

6 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

Holy fucking shit, the absolute madmen have only gone and done it.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/838276/Poland-Germany-War-Crimes-billions-report

Poland are to demand 350 billion euros from Germany.:Jumping:

I hope that all other countries invaded by Germany, in particular those being targeted by Germany and the EU now join in, Greece and the Czech Republic, I am looking at you.

I'm in Samoa and too fat to go anywhere.

On 8/2/2017 at 21:38, One percent said:

True.  I was going with sentiments above regarding how Germany, despite losing the war appear to now be dominating Europe. 

Well they work hard, save hard, plan longterm, train their young including university and vocational apprenticeships, sucked up the labour costs screwdown when they had to, didn't screw up their economy with silly land and property cartels and are generally better than everyone else except with jokes. What else was going to happen? Now they are sitting back hoovering up a massive surplus which is basically because the rest of Europe is too shit to compete and can't devalue to compensate for their shitness.

You should have seen the German skilled labourers putting up my mates prefab house - clearly strong men proud of what they do. We have poncified the UK so far that no-one thinks they have a proper life or job unless they are a professional(doc/lawyer etc)  or senior office person - no-one is proud of skilled labour any more (mainly because they can't afford a house)

The war ended in 1945, AFAIK before anyone on the forum was born, it's time we saw what's good in the German culture. Even with their dodgy giant immigrant experiment I expect them to do it 10 times better than the UK could - it'll give problems but they'll manage to integrate a much higher percentage than we could.

44 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Well they work hard, save hard, plan longterm, train their young including university and vocational apprenticeships, sucked up the labour costs screwdown when they had to, didn't screw up their economy with silly land and property cartels and are generally better than everyone else except with jokes. What else was going to happen? Now they are sitting back hoovering up a massive surplus which is basically because the rest of Europe is too shit to compete and can't devalue to compensate for their shitness.

You should have seen the German skilled labourers putting up my mates prefab house - clearly strong men proud of what they do. We have poncified the UK so far that no-one thinks they have a proper life or job unless they are a professional(doc/lawyer etc)  or senior office person - no-one is proud of skilled labour any more (mainly because they can't afford a house)

The war ended in 1945, AFAIK before anyone on the forum was born, it's time we saw what's good in the German culture. Even with their dodgy giant immigrant experiment I expect them to do it 10 times better than the UK could - it'll give problems but they'll manage to integrate a much higher percentage than we could.

Collaborator.

On edit- The problem with the EU is it does not really tie with the historical past of many of the countries involved. 

The British are essentially an Atlantic nation as are the Portuguese

Greece Italy and Spain are really part of the Mediterranean world.

Germany sits in the middle of the Continent and tends to dominate it but it cannot tie it together for various historical and cultural regions. Their past has often been eastern facing which has implications for potential conflict with Russia. The fact the Germans are brilliant at everything (apart from banking) does not necessarily make them the best people to rule others as history has shown.

Only France covers all the bases having a Continental, a Mediterranean and an Atlantic border. Unfortunately, it is ruled by the French and they should not be allowed to run anything 

Edited by Flirtygirty

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

I prefer the term quisling. :)

One of the reasons I voted for Brexit was precisely because I did not want to get tied up in the politics  of Eastern Europe because that is where the last two big shooting matches kicked off. 

Edited by Flirtygirty

Haha I never said the UK should do what the Germans say, that would be foolish, just to appreciate their abilities and maybe think about trying to do things better in order to compete, unless you think it would be better to continue to follow a Southern European model of extend, pretend and devalue, which since Blair and Brown appears to be the pattern. As for the  EU, filthy undemocratic Mafia-style organisation with no-one's interests at heart but it's own, it's led and mainly funded by Germany but is not Germany, it's a law unto itself. IMO we will all see as the Brexit negotiations play out that the main enemy of the UK in the EU is France, not Germany. 

As for staying out of any future war, don't dream, that's not what the UK does. It's ALWAYS involved. 

7 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Will the Czech Republic demand reparations from Poland for their invading and annexing part of Czechoslovakia in 1938?

teschen.jpg

You are referring to the disputed Zaolzie region which had many Poles living inside Czechoslovakia due to boundary changes after Versailles.

I don't think you can conflate an obscure skirmish in 1938 with the total annihilation of the Polish state and over 6 million dead.

Edited by M S E Refugee

12 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Germans always have been and always will be control freaks.

They always try to dominate and they are always thwarted,thankfully.

The genocide they practised with their ruthless efficiency and meticulous planning is always going to detract from their industrial achievements for most people.

For me it is like focusing on some who was a brilliant Gardener who was also a serial killer.

Most people wouldn't concentrate on that person's Gardening skills in assessing that person's character but they would more likely concentrate on how many people had been slain.