Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

Well just had some info from my serps opt out pension the pot has gone down by a couple of k aparently .no doubt Chinese virus related .now if I want the lot I’m going to get fucked for tax but that’s a given in life.so do I leave this none life changing sum and see it get eroded more or risk means tested pensions in the future.theres no point takeing it out to do nothing with it either .buying a bigger house is tempting but takeing our a morgage on a house I will live in is a risk in case the x gets sectioned again and the kids are taken off her and I have to quit work .the stock market is fun granted but I’m not good enough to figure out it’s future .houses will go down in value but if I get one to rent out or theoretically live in 2 (don’t ask) and get lodgers I will be geting enough to cover the morgage and not put my morgage free house at risk .obviesly if I rent to someone on social I get a bit of revenge on the system which would be most gratifying.what to do what to do.

3DADE640-CB8C-4D7F-8D55-50499795890B.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

An ex-colleague had a similar sum earmarked for a massive holiday in the US upon retirement: rent a RV and drive the Pacific trail for starters and then head off wherever took his fancy for the next month or months.

Now that's far more interesting than this tedious investment stuff.

Now that's a good idea.  Plenty of time to spend later on sitting in a cold house eating happy shopper vegetable soup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

An ex-colleague had a similar sum earmarked for a massive holiday in the US upon retirement: rent a RV and drive the Pacific trail for starters and then head off wherever took his fancy for the next month or months.

Now that's far more interesting than this tedious investment stuff.

Another option is get it out over a couple of months get the cash out of the bank and er hide it in case I ever have to quit work lol .wont fuck any  potential benifits up that way.my mate surgested remortgaging my gaff adding it to that and buying another terrace outright so I don’t need to move home or rent where I live out .and I’m not then breaking the morgage rules out then ie renting out on a normal morgage when I’m not there .he says I won’t care so much if a house I have no emotional attachment to gets trashed a bit  but I will do something daft if they trash where I used to live not sure what he is geting at lol .

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

When I was on the road I budgetted £10 a day plus the cost of flights. So say 4000 a year as a minimum. Now with the pound going down and me not being 21 anymore maybe chuck on an extra couple of grand for an easier life. You've got enough there to spend the next five years sat on a beach in Goa easy. 

Tempting but with a 5 year old out of the question he’ll I could rent my house out and have another 425 sent out monthly .didnt realise that you could live somewhere has exotic has goa that cheaply .

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

When I was on the road I budgetted £10 a day plus the cost of flights. So say 4000 a year as a minimum. Now with the pound going down and me not being 21 anymore maybe chuck on an extra couple of grand for an easier life. You've got enough there to spend the next five years sat on a beach in Goa easy. 

Ẁow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lid said:

Gold and silver coins, bury in garden, claim whatever you can claim, fuck em.

It’s not something I want to do however my hand could be forced .all I want out of life is beer sex and a 3 bed semi with a garage and drive at a push a 3 bed detached in a semi ok

area of stoke .i could get this within say 3/6 months but at a risk simply sell my gaff say 60k add 25k on and a morgage for 50-60k .but what if the x gets certified again.has I get older im

looseing my nerve I should just go for it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

It’s not something I want to do however my hand could be forced .all I want out of life is beer sex and a 3 bed semi with a garage and drive at a push a 3 bed detached in a semi ok

area of stoke .i could get this within say 3/6 months but at a risk simply sell my gaff say 60k add 25k on and a morgage for 50-60k .but what if the x gets certified again.has I get older im

looseing my nerve I should just go for it 

If the government comes a knocking...

"I spent it on coke and whores"

"A local drug dealer shook me down" 

etc

The government isn't our friend

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lid said:

If the government comes a knocking...

"I spent it on coke and whores"

"A local drug dealer shook me down" 

etc

The government isn't our friend

 

Agreed it’s about geting what you want slowly and if possible protecting yourself against black swan events .the cherry on the cake is if you can get the system to pay for it .is it 4 years till labour stand a chance of geting in ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I'd love to have Stokie visit Thailand for a week or two just to hear the stories that would come out of it! :D

Probably arrested nd beaten for picking a fight with a Russian I don’t seem to get on with them well ,well I didn’t in turkey .i didn’t like the Turks off the resort but on it they were fantastic hosts was no need to treat them like shit .was a bit stunned when some Germans and poles sided with me in a dispute watching the World Cup 2 years ago this week I think lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Probably arrested nd beaten for picking a fight with a Russian I don’t seem to get on with them well ,well I didn’t in turkey .i didn’t like the Turks off the resort but on it they were fantastic hosts was no need to treat them like shit .was a bit stunned when some Germans and poles sided with me in a dispute watching the World Cup 2 years ago this week I think lol

You were surprised when the Germans and Poles sided with you Vs the Russians. :D

And here I thought you knew your history :Old:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ccc said:

You were surprised when the Germans and Poles sided with you Vs the Russians. :D

And here I thought you knew your history :Old:

I half expected polish assistance but they were frosty with the Germans and Russians .the Russians understood English but so to did the poles .obviesly the Germans did has well .i was a bit childish to be fair and fuck your specnatz and a rant about the downed plane of tourists in Ukraine did it .it got very silly very fast ffs lol .the x said when she found out can’t trust you for 2 fucking hours and you don’t even like football

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I half expected polish assistance but they were frosty with the Germans and Russians .the Russians understood English but so to did the poles .obviesly the Germans did has well .i was a bit childish to be fair and fuck your specnatz and a rant about the downed plane of tourists in Ukraine did it .it got very silly very fast ffs lol .the x said when shknoe found out can’t trust you for 2 fucking hours and you don’t even like football

All the Polish I know despise Russians with a passion but don't mind Ze Germans. Think it's just the timing of it. 

Russians were cunts to them within living memory. Spoke to a few barfolk who had to learn russian at school.

They absolutely hate them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you keep your small pot in the system, you are hoping that:

i) the pot will grow more than inflation

ii) the pot won't count against you for benefits, effectively making you poorer than if you had no pot

iii) the pot won't be stolen by criminals before you retire (fraudsters have done this to millions across the world)

iv) the pot won't be stolen by politicians before you retire (been done in a number of countries already)

my personal thinking is that that's a lot of trust in a system that anyone with a brain can see is stacked against the common man now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Go with him and be in some of the stories! (Though I reckon two nights out with Stokie per week on a holiday would be enough for most people’s livers and immune systems)

I can blame him

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ccc said:

All the Polish I know despise Russians with a passion but don't mind Ze Germans. Think it's just the timing of it. 

Russians were cunts to them within living memory. Spoke to a few barfolk who had to learn russian at school.

They absolutely hate them.

It was a stupid moment over a stupid game I don’t even like I was with the x then  and a train driver fron

yorkshire was my wingman and we just got fed up

with Russian insults to the bar staff I turned around and said one more fucking insult from you retarded russians and I’m going to

twat One of you then I had a rant about the Ukraine bombing and I accidentally punched a Russian 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stokiescum said:

It was a stupid moment over a stupid game I don’t even like I was with the x then  and a train driver fron

yorkshire was my wingman and we just got fed up

with Russian insults to the bar staff I turned around and said one more fucking insult from you retarded russians and I’m going to

twat One of you then I had a rant about the Ukraine bombing and I accidentally punched a Russian 

I've literally no idea what you are talking about but it sounds like a great night so great respects. :Beer:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...