DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I will admit I still look at the site that first directed me here and would never post on for the anger that was on there and seems to have ramped up since, but it has been down since midday today. Has it been pulled? Surely not in the run-up to what people have been anticipating for years (me included) unless they have got wind of the next quadrillion £ HTB scheme and decided no amount of common sense would ever prevail.

Well if you look at Fubra's accounts they tell an "intereresting" picture.

Ye 30 Sep 2018

Opening shareholder funds:   £2.8m

Profit: £1.0m

Dividends: £01.m

Closing shareholder funds: £3.7m

Ye 30 Sep 2019

Opening shareholder funds:   £3.7m

Profit: nil  (well, £25k, so not even £01.m)

Dividends: £06.m

Closing shareholder funds: £3.1m

They did make investments in the year so I'm certainly not saying that they're about to fall over; but when you barely break even then some part of your operation is going to be a liability that you're going to want to close.

Maybe?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03967214/filing-history

6 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/3Qpc1arh1RgAGrWa6

These lovely looking people?

They look like perfectly nice people to me tbh.

I have no axe to grind; I was on there ten years and for 95% of that it was a great forum.

Ultimately HPC was an investment that had to pay which meant Google Ads called the shots.  It's Google Ads I despise; Fubra didn't really have a choice when Google held the purse strings.

DH_Vf-8XYAAMz5z.jpg

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I have no axe to grind; I was on there ten years and for 95% of that it was a great forum.

Ultimately HPC was an investment that had to pay which meant Google Ads called the shots.  It's Google Ads I despise; Fubra didn't really have a choice when Google held the purse strings.

DH_Vf-8XYAAMz5z.jpg

Which one is Bruce?

There is only one guy in that photo you would want to be in a trench with (chunky monkey at the back, embarrassed to be there), and none of the women would be worth fighting for.

Can we swap them for some clever and hardworking immigrants from Hong Kong please?

10 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

DH_Vf-8XYAAMz5z.jpg

They all look perfectly normal apart from the bellend at the front who looks to be shitting a brick at the sight of some frozen water. 

11 hours ago, Thombleached said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/3Qpc1arh1RgAGrWa6

These lovely looking people?

Looks like the normal office thing you get out in the sticks i..e no beardy Shoreditch types.

And, like all offices out in the stick, I assume the one person who ensures the entire IT infrastructure and runs is off.

I deal with companies like this every now n then. I know how it goes.

Older blokes - own the company, run payroll.

Various women doing admin type roles.

The odd - and I mean odd -relative found a job - Im guessing thatll be the bloke at front.

One or two poor fuckers who are tasked with ';sorting the computers out'

Typiclly I get the panicked phone calls going - Oh the xxx system is down. OK, where <bloke>? Oh, hes [on holiday | left | died]

Why havent you replaced him?

We [cant afford anyone | cant get anyone local | noone turns up for interviews]

Just checked. Aldershot,

Good luck finding anyone non Nepale, anyone prepared to commute drive into the area.