DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Seaside

sarahbell

It's been on my Lottery watch list for a couple of years now :D

I've only just noticed that there appears to be 3 separate properties down there, don't think I'd want my neighbours quite so close if I was paying that much for a house.

35 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I would soon get bored of having no road access. I bet getting deliveries is difficult.

ah....I hadn't spotted that minor detail!

I think the railway line is also nearly in the back garden.

Frank Hovis
17 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

ah....I hadn't spotted that minor detail!

I think the railway line is also nearly in the back garden.

I walk past that a couple of times a month; it's a popular beach with dog walkers and the steps between the two houses, there's one house to the other side of the steps that this picture crops out, are the main path down so you'll have people walking right by your house at all hours with barking dogs.  The railway line and occasional golfer will be the least of your disturbances.

Parking is up at the church assuming there are spaces, usually there aren't, then you're parking further and further down the road to carry your groceries.

It would be great for a couple of weeks in high summer but you really wouldn't to live there full time.  Anyone buying that is buying it to let out.

I'm amazed that they have managed to get a picture with nobody in; that's probably at 5am.

image.png.ee77b5598d73cac53981472959039450.png

46 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I walk past that a couple of times a month; it's a popular beach with dog walkers and the steps between the two houses, there's one house to the other side of the steps that this picture crops out, are the main path down so you'll have people walking right by your house at all hours with barking dogs.  The railway line and occasional golfer will be the least of your disturbances.

Parking is up at the church assuming there are spaces, usually there aren't, then you're parking further and further down the road to carry your groceries.

It would be great for a couple of weeks in high summer but you really wouldn't to live there full time.  Anyone buying that is buying it to let out.

I'm amazed that they have managed to get a picture with nobody in; that's probably at 5am.

image.png.ee77b5598d73cac53981472959039450.png

I wish I had the funds to go for a £1.75M house.

Local knowledge is always fascinating and useful. We've always tried to engineer a chat with a neighbour when viewing houses we've liked in the past. They can inadvertently blurt out crucial info.

So many properties look great in the photos and totally disappointing in real life.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/06/2020 at 14:39, spongeh said:

It's been on my Lottery watch list for a couple of years now :D

I've only just noticed that there appears to be 3 separate properties down there, don't think I'd want my neighbours quite so close if I was paying that much for a house.

This is the problem with so many places - they have near neighbours. Which are probably let out to holiday makers.

I don't think immediate neighbours are an ideal source of impartial info, they can have all manner of reasons and vested interests for encouraging or discouraging a sale.

I went for a recce of a remote property a couple of years back, one of two semis, the neighbour came out and starting telling me all the problems the house apparently had, boundary disputes, structural issues, noise from the nearby RAF base etc etc.

Turns out he'd been doing this to try and put off all the viewers as he wanted to snap it up himself for a knockdown price, the estate agents ended sending him a solicitors letter ordering him to cease and desist from engaging with any viewers!

If there is ever a house you're seriously interested in the best source of info would be to try and catch the regular postie, I guarantee he'll have more local intel than the police!

crashmonitor
On 23/06/2020 at 14:24, sarahbell said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-92142548.html

Added on Rightmove:
29 July 2019
but featured in today's rightmove 'lovely places near the sea'

The unique location aside, 11 Bedrooms !!...I reckon it gets to the point that you can have too many and it's a drag on Marketabilty. I generally avoid houses with annexes and more than four and all those extensions aren't good for exterior aesthetics.  Grand Rooms good...the Grand Hall with Minstrels gallery ( 7/8), I could use one of those. Every house should have one.:S

Archived