DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Taking your ball and going home...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a long time and daily lurker (since 2006 in the other place, and since near the beginning here), hello to you all. I have created an account and will join in - I hope I can offer some useful perspe

1, books are for burning. 2, hi-fi is bollocks. 3, maths don't get you no pussy. 4, why bother, you'll only be saving the NHS money to pay for some gimmigrants. All thing I have le

If you put just 1% of the time and effort that you put into your job into keeping up to date with personal tax legislation and the investment markets you will end up making more from your combined inv

Posted Images

1 minute ago, maynardgravy said:

4. You've made it once @The XYY Man calls you a poof or cunt.

Welcome from a fellow newbie, I got up to 500 posts terrifyingly quickly so you'll be on stealth before you know it.  I got called a "well-meaning cunt" by XYY today and I'm still glowing with happiness about it :Jumping:

2 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Welcome from a fellow newbie, I got up to 500 posts terrifyingly quickly so you'll be on stealth before you know it.  I got called a "well-meaning cunt" by XYY today and I'm still glowing with happiness about it :Jumping:

Its 500 recs (hence you got in way before 500 posts), post good shit get there quicker :P

27 minutes ago, eta-carinae said:

I watch powerless as every world government prints money to infinity and erodes any chance I have of buying a house, while the feckless incompetents around me gorge on the free debt or bicker about absolutely worthless and vacuous social justice outrages while society rots from the inside.

You've summed up all the issues I've got with society in one concise paragraph.

Even though I am a homeowner I just find the whole corrupt shitshow just so frustrating. 

I often wish I could just be one of the feckless incompetents and irresponsible debt junkies. But there again, because I'm not a mindless consumer of unnecessary tat there's nothing I'd actually want to buy with all that lovely debt.

8 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

1, books are for burning.

2, hi-fi is bollocks.

3, maths don't get you no pussy.

4, why bother, you'll only be saving the NHS money to pay for some gimmigrants.

All thing I have learnt on here.

Try to stop giving a fuck it's very liberating.

1. I enjoyed Animal Farm at school.....the world is full of pigs, some pigs are more equal than other pigs

2. Music is essential for the soul!

3.Money buys everything :P

4.Yes keep fit! Escape the city, enjoy the beautiful world around you.....and eat as much pussy as you can before you die!! xD

Up the revolution! And good luck in your journey....

If you put just 1% of the time and effort that you put into your job into keeping up to date with personal tax legislation and the investment markets you will end up making more from your combined investments and tax avoidance every year than you do in net salar within 15 - 20 years.

Don't be Boxer the horse working hard every day thinking that your labours will be recognised and rewarded because they won't be; the state pension, which is all your labour buys you over your net salary if you don't take any action, will recede inexorably further into the distance.

I haven't paid any income tax since I was thirty.  Why does anybody choose to pay it when, as long as you know the rules, it is optional?

32 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:
  • Six pack of Pepsi
  • PS4

Cheers for this - I used to enjoy some gaming but ducked out of it fifteen years ago, I might look into it. Can't be arsed with the online shooting multiplayer stuff. I enjoyed a bit of Civ 2 back in the day.

17 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

1, books are for burning.

2, hi-fi is bollocks.

3, maths don't get you no pussy.

4, why bother, you'll only be saving the NHS money to pay for some gimmigrants.

All thing I have learnt on here.

Try to stop giving a fuck it's very liberating.

Sci fi by Greg Bear or Iain Banks - fucking brilliant and will transport you properly away. Burn all the books and all you've got are colours, sounds and simple shapes on the TV.
Hi-Fi isn't bollocks if you do it right. It's about reclaiming some quality in your life. There is a reason this stuff is fifty years old and still works.
Women aren't an issue since the divorce despite the physics (thanks to the DOSBODs thread for that!) but are not the route to happiness for me, and point number 4 is definitely NOT for the NHS, it's for me, and to help with point number 3!

Not giving a fuck is certainly the aim though, cheers, but how did you achieve not actually giving a fuck?

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I haven't paid any income tax since I was thirty.  Why does anybody choose to pay it when, as long as you know the rules, it is optional?

Cheers for this. Chronic indecision and wanting to 'get in at the bottom' has prevented me making any proper investment since selling the house. Being PAYE means I haven't looked into any avoidance methods at all - blinkers on and all that. Whenever I start I end up kicking myself for not starting earlier and ruing stupid life choices, is the absolute honest answer.

42 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:
  1. Six pack of Pepsi
  2. PS4

1 minute ago, eta-carinae said:

Cheers for this - I used to enjoy some gaming but ducked out of it fifteen years ago, I might look into it. Can't be arsed with the online shooting multiplayer stuff. I enjoyed a bit of Civ 2 back in the day.

To give you the benefit of the doubt @mooncat69's post is referencing somebody who I presume to be a bot or an extremely odd person who started a thread on multiple fora entitled:

"What were the best and worst presents you have received?

My best was a PS4.

My worst was a six pack of Pepsi."

Just now, eta-carinae said:

Cheers for this. Chronic indecision and wanting to 'get in at the bottom' has prevented me making any proper investment since selling the house. Being PAYE means I haven't looked into any avoidance methods at all - blinkers on and all that. Whenever I start I end up kicking myself for not starting earlier and ruing stupid life choices, is the absolute honest answer.

I've always been PAYE.

The limited company contractors who think it's great to get a tax deduction on their slippers are merely nibbling around the edges of tax avoidance.

42 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

1. Welcome 

2. @Long time lurking will have to change his username 

3. Interesting username. Isn't eta carinae a supernova if I remember my astronomy correctly. 

4. You've made it once @The XYY Man calls you a poof or cunt.

Thanks for the welcome! Eta Carinae is a binary star system about 7500 light years away. It's massive and bright. It hasn't gone supernova yet, but it's been erupting for a century or two and is one of the most interesting objects nearby in the Milky Way. I chose it because it's as far removed from house prices, the Fed balance sheet or the destruction of western civilization which is a bonus.

43 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I got called a 'fucking mad, daft cunt' earlier today, result xD

7 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

top work Frank, I take it you shoved loads o dosh into a pension rather than paying tax?

VCT and SIPP.

VCT used to pay 40% relief and now pays 30%; not bad.

VCT dividends are tax free and after five years you can sell them without repaying the tax relief.  SIPP / Pensions come with a whole truckload of restrictions including being taxable upon withdrawal but I have used them because the tax relief works in a slightly different way and you can end up paying negative tax owing to the way that the government makes the 80% depsoited up to a 100% gross by cash addition.

Edited by Frank Hovis