• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

Quality cellars

I used to have a recurring dream that there was an undiscovered cellar in my old house. It was never there when I woke up even though it had the usual cupboard under the stairs (and cost twice the price of that Staffs one for less than half of the house).

Me? I'd turn it into a wine cellar rather than a Fritzl dungeon.

6 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Just a joke and no im

not a budding Fred west but this is a superb cellar I think cellars can be an underrated asset to a house isn’t it superb or am

i fucking nuts .https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61016439.html

No, really like that. Always fancied a cellar.

I'd be tempted to have a bar down there (quelle surprise) :)

2 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

No, really like that. Always fancied a cellar.

I'd be tempted to have a bar down there (quelle surprise) :)

It’s in Derbyshire smack

bang in the middle of ashbourne yes a bar with a huge hi fi system 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

What a waste.

What, the having of a wine cellar or the absence of the Friztl dungeon?
I'll add that actually having looked at the photos properly the wine cellar part doesn't need to occupy the whole of it.

It's fucking tragic that it's another 'beautiful pub' lost, having been squandered for the profit of some airbnb/BTL/property portfolio type.

Edited by eta-carinae

17 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Just a joke and no im

not a budding Fred west but this is a superb cellar I think cellars can be an underrated asset to a house isn’t it superb or am

i fucking nuts .https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61016439.html

I grew up in an Edwardian terrace in Swansea that had a cellar. My dad used to shut us down there for being naughty. Bit spooky. I saw the Shrove Tuesday ball game in Ashbourne once. Fucking bedlam.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Shamone said:

I grew up in an Edwardian terrace in Swansea that had a cellar. My dad used to shut us down there for being naughty. Bit spooky. I saw the Shrove Tuesday ball game in Ashbourne once. Fucking bedlam.

I was born in Ashbourne not sure when this pub shut but I can’t remember it ever being a pub yep someone tried renting it out for a liveing by the looks of it  ps used to go royal Shrovetide a lot 2 rules no murder and no playing in graveyards the 2nd is just a respect thing

Edited by stokiescum

Just now, stokiescum said:

I was born in Ashbourne not sure when this pub shut but I can’t remember it ever being a pub yep someone tried renting it out for a liveing by the looks of it 

We stayed the night in a pub right in the town centre. Went to the chip shop just nearby.

Like a good cellar. They are often damp spaces though with ominous shadowy corners.

Gives me a good opportunity for a true cellar story:

Way back in the early 90's we lived in a two up two down terraced house with a small cellar. One fine day the council decided to carry out some roadworks immediately outside the house. A few days later I went down into the basement and it was half full of sand - like the saharan desert it was. I presume some young construction worker numpty had been laying a base for the pavement and couldn't work out why he'd managed to use half a fucking truck load for that particular stretch (and had not spotted the old coal chute grille)

We complained to the council but they weren't having it. Could have been anyone's sand guv'nor. Took me ages to get rid of it.

That's my one and only cellar story.

1 minute ago, Shamone said:

We stayed the night in a pub right in the town centre. Went to the chip shop just nearby.

That chip shop is the oldest building in Ashbourne if it was on the marketplace 

27 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Just a joke and no im

Well, I’m sure that @The Masked Tulip could turn that into a very nice bdsm playroom. o.O 

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Like a good cellar. They are often damp spaces though with ominous shadowy corners.

Gives me a good opportunity for a true cellar story:

Way back in the early 90's we lived in a two up two down terraced house with a small cellar. One fine day the council decided to carry out some roadworks immediately outside the house. A few days later I went down into the basement and it was half full of sand - like the saharan desert it was. I presume some young construction worker numpty had been laying a base for the pavement and couldn't work out why he'd managed to use half a fucking truck load for that particular stretch (and had not spotted the old coal chute grille)

We complained to the council but they weren't having it. Could have been anyone's sand guv'nor. Took me ages to get rid of it.

That's my one and only cellar story.

I didn’t like the fact that the house would be empty all day then we would all go to bed and there could have been anyone down there. It wasn’t locked. There was a key but when I got older I used it to lock my bedroom door when I was entertaining the local tarts.

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

That chip shop is the oldest building in Ashbourne if it was on the marketplace 

I’m pretty sure it was, too.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Shite parking though

3 spaces there are like gold dust you could make a tidy sum clamping tourists who park in your right of way you

might be right where I’ve got 3 from im

not sure

Edited by stokiescum

20 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well, I’m sure that @The Masked Tulip could turn that into a very nice bdsm playroom. o.O 

Not enough room to swing a cat o' nine tails. Plus 6 inch heels would have even the shortest of slaves or Dominatrixes banging their head on the ceiling.

All these simple mistakes are discussed in my ebook 'So You Want to Build a S&M Dungeon'.