DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Seek and ye shall find....

Just now, Rowley said:

How many other stories are misrepresented or misreported only for a foot note of apology or backtracking a day or two later?

The fact is, job done first time round. You’ve already created the fear / anger / division within the Universe. It can’t be subsequently destroyed.

And there's the truth.o.O It's like putting the toothpaste back in the tube.

2 minutes ago, Boglet said:

I don't get it, you'd think when this 'noose' was found, one of the (doubtless dozens of) people who would have gone for a look might have twigged that it wasn't in fact a noose?

There are times when the media is on such a roll with a particular theme that they will leap upon anything however slight to keep the bandwagon rolling.

I make this the third high profile lie / mistake that made it into headline news because it fits the narrative after Jessie Smollet and the Catholic schoolboy intimidated by a red indian but filmed to make it appear the other way around.

Just now, JoeDavola said:

In all seriousness is there actually KKK-esque folk out there that go about leaving nooses near black folk to scare them?

Is this actually a thing (in recent decades anyway)?

I think you might find it's a spoof or a lie. If I ever met you in real life, I would hope I left with my knees intact, although I do have an electric starter now.

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

In all seriousness is there actually KKK-esque folk out there that go about leaving nooses near black folk to scare them?

I would imagine there'll be a few in the crowd after this debacle. The good old boys have had their flag banned, I see some payback coming.

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

I would imagine there'll be a few in the crowd after this debacle. The good old boys have had their flag banned, I see some payback coming.

I'd be pretty narked tbh.  Whilst others may put their spin on the flag it is the traditional flag of the southern US.

The US media's attitude to it reminds me of this sneering tweet at the England flag.

NINTCHDBPICT000414127650.jpg?w=960

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'd be pretty narked tbh.  Whilst others may put their spin on the flag it is the traditional flag of the southern US.

The US media's attitude to it reminds me of this sneering tweet at the England flag.

NINTCHDBPICT000414127650.jpg?w=960

The south equals Trump land,IMO the democrats are now at a point where they know the only chance they have is if they remove the black and Hispanic vote ,they know they will never turn the white vote

37 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I imagine there is the odd white weirdo that still might do this in the US.

The risk from random black people attacking folk is probably a very slightly higher general concern though.

The US definitely has more problems in this area than the UK. That's why this entire dragging this stuff over to our shores is a nonsense imo. 

It's just not relevant in any important way. The UK has very few issues with this in general. :Old:

37 minutes ago, ccc said:

I imagine there is the odd white weirdo that still might do this in the US.

The risk from random black people attacking folk is probably a very slightly higher general concern though.

The US definitely has more problems in this area than the UK. That's why this entire dragging this stuff over to our shores is a nonsense imo. 

It's just not relevant in any important way. The UK has very few issues with this in general. :Old:

Statistically and proportionally, no.

A black person can walk through a 99% white neighbourhood and have near zero chance of being attacked.  Reverse it, and its a real risk

If only people could bring themselves to say 'actually, in this case it turns out I thought I saw racism when there was none.' -- we could move forwards and try to eradicate actual racism without all the noise.  But no, they're acting like petulant children who just scream and shout even more when you try to use logic.