DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

https://order-order.com/2020/06/24/lefties-row-over-wetherspoons-boycott/

https://twitter.com/hashtag/neverspoons?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^hashtag

All ignoring that lockdown as a policy enforced on spoons by UKGOV.

And that spoons are one of the better, more reliable payers of staff.

The campaign seems to have joined the Momentum and Remain loons.

When I firat heard about what he said at the start of Lockdown I thought, what a cunt. Looking back, did I bother actually finding the source of what he said? Did I fuck. 

I then stumbled across a clip of him last night and agreed with everything he said. Completely reasonable. 

More fool me. 

I look forward to a Spoons brekkie in the nr future. (when the initial rush has died down of course) 

Got to love lefties calling on people to "use local independents".  They're all closing down because of the enormous tax burden placed upon them, supported by, you guessed it, the left.

Then we have broad support for Puritanism amongst the more woke lefties.  I wonder if that's because they want to win more votes from a certain demographic?

Also completely ignoring the fact that, in some towns, 'spoons is not only the cheapest pub, but also the best.

Related story: I was in a pub in the Scottish Highlands a few years ago. A group of young blokes walked in and ordered coffees.  The landlord responded, "There's a coffee shop down the road that'll sell you a fucking coffee, opens at 8 tomorrow morning.  This is a fucking pub, we serve alcohol.  Would you order a pint of lager in fucking Starbucks?"

The subsequent TripAdvisor reviews were brilliant.

2 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Sounds ace 

Sounds dreadful. If I went in somewhere ready to spend money and got that sort of lip in return I would be more than annoyed. 

18 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

You are Owen Jones and i claim my £5

Terminally offended 

Me i would think it was hilarious and say fair do`s to the guy

I'm with funn3r.

You get these places that, once they find out they are shit at doing what they are meant to be doing, go sub Fawlty.

If it was a good bar, with great beer n food then maybe.

However, I've always find the food n beer tend to be as shit as the welcome.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

LIf it was a good bar, with great beer n food then maybe.

Tis a decent pub. Great whisky selection. Food menu stretches to pie and chips. Good pies though, not Pukka shite. But yes, not for everyone.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

I'm with funn3r.

You get these places that, once they find out they are shit at doing what they are meant to be doing, go sub Fawlty.

If it was a good bar, with great beer n food then maybe.

However, I've always find the food n beer tend to be as shit as the welcome.

Ahh i see it`s all down to the quality of food and beer ,as to how you react to the statement that was made ,i take you you would hang about to find out and leave in a huff if it was shit 

The mind boggles 

33 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Ahh i see it`s all down to the quality of food and beer ,as to how you react to the statement that was made ,i take you you would hang about to find out and leave in a huff if it was shit 

The mind boggles 

No.

I'd note if the server was an arsehole.

If the food n booze were shit then I'd not come back.

Going to a pub us expensive. I'm not paying over the odds to get some cretins idea if basil fawlty.

32 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No.

I'd note if the server was an arsehole.

If the food n booze were shit then I'd not come back.

Going to a pub us expensive. I'm not paying over the odds to get some cretins idea if basil fawlty.

The "server" referred to here is clearly an experienced ale-house manager who can filter out shite customers just by looking at them.

You'd have been barred out before you got within ten feet of the fucking bar...!

Plus or minus two feet...

XYY

A decent landlord who can strike up a conversation is a pub rarity these days - I know of none in my local 'catchment'.

The 'offended' will continue to visit to try and figure out why they were offended, and also because wherever else they go that they are accepted they'll find they actually have no soul or purpose other than being one big moan.