DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Keeping the house cool

What are the dosbod tactics? 

My windows and what passes for curtains got closed at around 09:30 when temperature outside really shot up. The bath is also full of cold water, as a heat sink. Experience of doing this means I reckon it'll keep at around 21c compared to 27c here in Thornaby City. 

Surely none of us has just opened all their windows... 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The elite.  The Bilderbergers and Illuminati. We've just found one. Top work all.

Simples   

I'm going outside. I may be some time.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Stuey said:

My windows and what passes for curtains got closed at around 09:30 when temperature outside really shot up. The bath is also full of cold water, as a heat sink. Experience of doing this means I reckon it'll keep at around 21c compared to 27c here in Thornaby City. 

Just been for a walk. Freakishly hot for these parts. I'm sure I'll survive though.

6 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Good idea with the water, may try that. 

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Nothing is "free" Stokie. They have signed a contract with Satan.

Well it’s not there house but ironicly they fucked the Xs meterer up it doubled her bill she ain’t got it back yet on the bright side I didn’t miss the covid man

Edited by stokiescum
Just now, onlyme said:

Car full of rubble today and trip to recycling centre, needs must.

Very cool in here though, walls best part of half a meter thick.

If really an issue, do what the continentals do and put up exterior shutters on the worst affected aspects.

dames nues cachées
1 minute ago, onlyme said:

I looked that up and all I could find were references to women's cats????! Or least that is what I think it said, I didn't  click the links.

I can't rely on these online translations. They can cause diplomatic issues. We are probably at war with France again

42 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Close windows in day time and shut the curtains. 

Surely most DOSBODDERS houses are lined with foil? 

21 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Lava lamps, furry seat covers, a coloured bathroom suite, some 1960s lounge music, a few models in minidresses and minicocktail bar in the corner of one of the main rooms, a thin guy in sunglasses and a tight suit snapping his fingers and you're there.

Just get Huggy Bear round for 30 mins.

Never known if this is true or not but... if you think of a greenhouse, covered in glass, if you place a blind inside the glass, it will reflect the light back into the greenhouse. In other words, it's counter-productive. Why doesn't the same logic apply for those who shut their blinds to keep the light/heat out?

If anything, blinds should be mounted outside.

https://www.harrodhorticultural.com/additional-exterior-greenhouse-blinds-pid9236.html

7 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Who in the UK has aircon in their house? O.o

Every summer I swear I'll get aircon for my office. Then I get a quote and it's daylight robbery, and then I think yeah I'll just put it with it for a few days. Rinse and repeat...

Aircon in the UK is a complete racket. If it wasn't, more would buy.