• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

whitevanman

Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites

42 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Rather than start a whole new misogyny thread....  this isn't strictly dosbods but hey...

We're currently on hols, in a place with an induction hob. The wife tends to use the hob as a worksurface and then accidentally, by leaning against them, turn on the rings. We stayed here 4 years ago and she melted a whole shitload of plastics, nearly caused a fire. We had to go out for the day with the windows open for it to clear. This time she did it again a few days ago, flew of the handle at me when I pointed it out to her. And she's just gone off on One again because I quietly turned it off after she'd turned it on while making a packed lunch up on the hob.

Why are some intelligent people (women?) apparently unable to process corrections of such simple dangerous behaviours without taking offence?

Solution is to turn it off at the mains isolation switch when it's not being used as a hob, I know, I had the same issue once upon a time.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Rather than start a whole new misogyny thread....  this isn't strictly dosbods but hey...

We're currently on hols, in a place with an induction hob. The wife tends to use the hob as a worksurface and then accidentally, by leaning against them, turn on the rings. We stayed here 4 years ago and she melted a whole shitload of plastics, nearly caused a fire. We had to go out for the day with the windows open for it to clear. This time she did it again a few days ago, flew of the handle at me when I pointed it out to her. And she's just gone off on One again because I quietly turned it off after she'd turned it on while making a packed lunch up on the hob.

Why are some intelligent people (women?) apparently unable to process corrections of such simple dangerous behaviours without taking offence?

Possibly because you're married to her?

It seems quite commonplace for women to be able to listen to, consider and possibly accept all sorts of things from anyone and everyone except their husband. Find a shiny magazine with a short article explaining your point, and just leave it around.

(Obviously articles about hobs may be few and far between!)

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

52 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Because some people hate to admit they are wrong?  (suspect that is most of us DOSBODDERS, man and woman alike)

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

I doubt it's an induction hob, they only work on ferrous metals and don't get hot in themselves. It'll be one of those ceramic efforts, although in my experience they tend to beep if you cover them.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, eight said:

I doubt it's an induction hob, they only work on ferrous metals and don't get hot in themselves. It'll be one of those ceramic efforts, although in my experience they tend to beep if you cover them.

I was just going to say that she's probably miffed at being told what to do by someone who doesn't know the difference between a ceramic and induction hob.

In all seriousness, is probably your tone, the way you're saying it or the fact that she knows full well that you're going to make the same mistake later.

Edited by This Time
Autocucumber

LOL! Ok so it's  a fair cop, I don't know the difference between those hob types (never dealt with them except on holiday) and I'm an annoying git to boot.

That said, I've never accidentally turned the fecker on and no it doesn't beep if you accidentally try to start a small plastics fire,

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

If you are on holiday in a foreign country then surely this offer the opportunity to solve tis problem once and for all. Is there a dark woods nearby with large creatures that eat things? Is there a shovel in the shed?

I'm in Yorkshire. At risk of offending about half the posters on here, it feels pretty foreign. And Im Sure there's plenty of dark critters and shallow graves in the woods.... 😉

Edited by Melchett

4 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I'm in Yorkshire. At risk of offending about half the posters on here, it feels pretty foreign. And Im Sure there's plenty of dark critters and shallow graves in the woods.... 😉

Depends where in Yorkshire you are 

23 minutes ago, Melchett said:

And you have electricity?

Are you sure you are in YORKSHIRE? 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, wherebee said:

fantastic find, Joe.  So much red pill confirmation there it's not even funny.

Isn't it just? God help any straight laced office worker who marrys her - at least if she shows him that article he'll know who she's thinking of when they're having sex, or what pale imitation of sex they'll be having a few times a year.

20 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Possibly because you're married to her?

It seems quite commonplace for women to be able to listen to, consider and possibly accept all sorts of things from anyone and everyone except their husband. Find a shiny magazine with a short article explaining your point, and just leave it around.

(Obviously articles about hobs may be few and far between!)

My OH won't believe anything I say until she gets confirmation from an authoritative source such as: her friends, the So-Called BBC, buzzfeed, the postman, etc

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

“So, mummy, who was my daddy?”

”He was a very special man, I’ll tell you all about him some day.”

'I saw its mother, Mr Thorn!'

Let's just hope that pair don't decide to get married in a church with a big lightning rod on the steeple. If they do, the vicar had better watch out. 

Edited by Austin Allegro

58 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Poor sap who gets to deal with her and her daily lamentations of some bad boy 15 years ago.

" If I close my eyes, I can still smell the scent of your skin first thing in the morning. "

I know where she's coming from.

Caught a knob infection like that myself once.

People moved away from me on the bus. Can still smell it now.

She was staying at his Mum's, sharing his single bed for months.

She'll still have visible scars in her snatch. At 18 he'll have been nursing a permanent diamond cutter. She'll have been trifle dropped until her brain exploded. 

She knows she'll never be smashed fuck out of again like that, ever in her life.

6 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

" If I close my eyes, I can still smell the scent of your skin first thing in the morning. "

I know where she's coming from.

Caught a knob infection like that myself once.

People moved away from me on the bus. Can still smell it now.

She was staying at his Mum's, sharing his single bed for months.

She'll still have visible scars in her snatch. At 18 he'll have been nursing a permanent diamond cutter. She'll have been trifle dropped until her brain exploded. 

She knows she'll never be smashed fuck out of again like that, ever in her life.

Is this some new sexual practice the youngsters are getting up to, involving custard, cream and a sponge base of some sort?