• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

whitevanman

Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites

1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

Red meat isn't just for protein. 

GOMAD baby!

No doubt, but it's an expensive way to get all your other nutrients too. 

Protein powder made with skimmed milk should be good for about 50% of your protein intake if you're seriously aiming to build muscle, where the general reccomendation is 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight.

The body can only make use of X amount of protein over X hours. If you eat too much protein in one go the body just gets rid of it.

Hence why sports people eat small amounts of good protein spread over a long day. 

As we get older the ability to digest protein worsens. Even younger people can have problems dependent upon illness, genetic make-up.

That big roast dinner of old with lots of meat is not beneficial at all.

16 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

So perhaps a little meat is best. I've been buying the organic chicken breasts from M&S which are expensive as fuck

3KG for £10 in Farmfoods. Dubious provenance no doubt, but I would be prepared to state confidently that it is actually chicken.

Edited by eight

If you have a freezer then learning the times when your local Co-Op and M&S discount food is a good thing. Sunday afternoons and Tuesdays afternoons are usually good times.

If I am in a supermarket I make a mental note of the sell by dates on chicken, fish, steak and what quantities they have with that se date. If they have a load of chicken with a sell by date of tomorrow then odds on you will get some bargains tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by The Masked Tulip
found a typo, maybe more

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

If you have a freezer then learning the times when your local Co-Op and M&S discount food is a good thing. Sunday afternoons and Tuesdays afternoons are usually good times.

If I am in a supermarket I make a mental note of the sell by dates on chicken, fish, steak and what quantities they have with that se date. If they have a load of chicken with a sell by date of tomorrow then odds on you will get some bargains tomorrow afternoon.

That's a fuckin great idea actually as M&S is only a 5 minute walk from my gaff.

11 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

That's a fuckin great idea actually as M&S is only a 5 minute walk from my gaff.

My place is usually between 3 and 4 for the first discounts and then about 4.30ish for second discount. But it varies.

If they have a load of barbecue meat in for the weekend - this is a summer thing - and it pours then over the weekend they do not get the footfall. So the date that stuff expires can be bargains galore.

The Co-Op used to do 3 chickens for £7 - think it is 2 for £10 now. I used to cut up each chicken into 4 parts. 2 breasts, 2 legs and freeze them individually. Sometimes I would cook a couple together to each one hot, leave the second to go cold and stick in the fridge for the following day.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

After dine in for 2 weekends the Tuesdays can be good. I was too late yesterday for any main meats as part of that deal but there must have been loads as they had endless deserts. I picked up £4 deserts for 75p each.

I have dandered in on Saturdays just before shutting down and all the sandwiches/wraps/salads/sushi's have big discounts; but nabbing cheaper organic chicken will take a bit more planning!

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I have dandered in on Saturdays just before shutting down and all the sandwiches/wraps/salads/sushi's have big discounts; but nabbing cheaper organic chicken will take a bit more planning!

I got a freezer full back in the summer and still have some left now. I left plenty on the shelf as I could not carry any more.

I think the Co-Op chicken is superior but it is all much of a muchness between the two. I think my main M&S will be closing soon so my days of good deals will be coming to an end. The Co-Op chicken is all UK sourced.

Didn't the bloke who came up with the original organic standard now say that it is too stringent and wants nothing to do with it?

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

When I read 'Alex Harvey' a mental image came in my head:

Image result for pj harvey

I then googled Alex...and unfortunatley I got the wrong Harvey:

Image result for alex harvey

That's him. One of Scotland's finest exports.

15 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Shes on my dirty fantasy list. Bet she farts in bed unashamedly. 

Same

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Yeah she has that look in her eye doesn't she. Pure filth I'm sure. Wonderful.

:D

1 hour ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

She would shit her pants for you Joe. 

:D :D :D