• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

whitevanman

Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites

3 minutes ago, Rave said:

That's kind of her point, I think. I don't find Naomi Campbell* particularly attractive but I think it's fair to say that she's in no way built like a brick shithouse. Slim willowy black women do exist, but if you've got 'no blacks' on your dating profile, you're writing them off based on a generalisation.

Anyway, I'm not saying that anyone should be obliged to try dating people who they're not attracted to, I'm just pointing out that that's not what the article is saying either.

*Possibly not the best example, just the first slim black woman who came to mind.

It's not just  writing off one race it's that adolescent thing of having an identikit woman - must be blond, slim etc. - whereas in reality you might well find yourself attracted to somebody nothing like that.  In pure physical terms I find most attractive pale, slim fine featured women* but that's over-ridden by whether I find them attractive as a whole person: do I actually enjoy spending time with them?

* Someone like Sarah Lamb of the Royal Ballet.  In reality I'd probably find her very dull and obsessed with ballet practice.

8ef2a404df25b0ac6d628aa80b6cbe21.jpg

8 hours ago, Stunley Andwin said:

How dangerous is it? I have never seen an accident here but motorcycles do look really dangerous. I have never ridden a motorbike but can drive and have cycled in large cities for many years. Is it easy to learn to drive one?

If you can ride a bicycle and drive a car then you can ride a motorbike. A twist and go scooter is especially easy to ride, but changing gears isn't difficult once you've adjusted to using your hand for the clutch and your foot for the gears.

The trouble arises because motorbikes of pretty much any description are much faster than bicycles, and being able to physically ride one in no way equips you to deal with all the potential hazards you will encounter on the roads. It is possible to fall off a bicycle by going round a corner too fast, but it takes commitment, whereas most corners are potentially hazardous on a motorbike. Falling off a bicycle at 15mph hurts but doesn't usually result in serious injury, whereas falling off at 30mph can really fuck you up. At 30mph your stopping distance is 3-4 times that at 15mph etc. etc. If you're careful, bikes are pretty safe, but obviously they can never be anything like as safe as travelling strapped in to a metal box full of airbags. You pays your money and takes your choice, really. I'm prepared to take the risk.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's not just  writing off one race it's that adolescent thing of having an identikit woman - must be blond, slim etc. - whereas in reality you might well find yourself attracted to somebody nothing like that.  In pure physical terms I find most attractive pale, slim fine featured women* but that's over-ridden by whether I find them attractive as a whole person: do I actually enjoy spending time with them?

* Someone like Sarah Lamb of the Royal Ballet.  In reality I'd probably find her very dull and obsessed with ballet practice.

8ef2a404df25b0ac6d628aa80b6cbe21.jpg

Sexual attraction is very complex IMO.

I agree that people have a general idea of personal attraction attributes.

If someone is sitting with a smart phone browsing pictures it will only take a second to swipe on. Such is life!

In real life though we can be challenged by getting to know people quickly or over time and be attracted to the whole person.

Anyone whining about people quickly swiping on dating sites/apps is utterly deluded about how people are in real life IMO.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes, quite. I'm most physically attracted to largish women with big boobs, but have ended up falling for women who were nothing like that after spending time with them. I've never been in the position of having to fight off hordes of infatuated women, to put it mildly, so if I were to find myself single again I'd keep a pretty open mind about what a potential partner should look like.

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

Sexual attraction is very complex IMO.

I agree that people have a general idea of personal attraction attributes.

If someone is sitting with a smart phone browsing pictures it will only take a second to swipe on. Such is life!

In real life though we can be challenged by getting to know people quickly or over time and be attracted to the whole person.

Anyone whining about people quickly swiping on dating sites/apps is utterly deluded about how people are in real life IMO.

I’m not attracted to bald blokes. o.O just sayin. 

53 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m not attracted to bald blokes. o.O just sayin. 

Well if you'd be so kind as to post a (recent) picture, we'll be able to tell you whether bald blokes are attracted to you... ;)

8 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Well if you'd be so kind as to post a (recent) picture, we'll be able to tell you whether bald blokes are attracted to you... ;)

Don’t care what you lot think.... xD

edit to add, I’m not bald. 

Edited by One percent

6 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Very witty!

By the way I’m 60 so the concept of baldness in prospective male partners has faded away so much that it’s of no consequence.

These days younger men rock a bald look. It’s just part of maleness.I like the look of a variety of ages of bald men. As was mentioned upthread looking, judging and commenting online is inconsequential overall.

In real life we have to meet someone who we can trust and feel a connected relationship with regardless of their hair or whatever when attempting to find a life partner.

Some of us are lucky meeting a kindred spirit in life who can negotiate and enjoy life together and some of us aren’t. I’m in the latter category.

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

Don’t care what you lot think.... xD

edit to add, I’m not bald. 

Ahem.

Between the ages of 16 and 18, she is like Africa, virgin and unexplored.

Between the ages of 19 and 35, she is like Asia, hot and exotic.

Between the ages of 36 and 45, she is like America, fully explored, breathtakingly beautiful, and free with her resources.

Between the ages of 46 and 56 she is like Europe, exhausted but still has points of interest.

After 56, she is like Australia, everybody knows its down there but who gives a damn.

5 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Ahem.

Between the ages of 16 and 18, she is like Africa, virgin and unexplored.

Between the ages of 19 and 35, she is like Asia, hot and exotic.

Between the ages of 36 and 45, she is like America, fully explored, breathtakingly beautiful, and free with her resources.

Between the ages of 46 and 56 she is like Europe, exhausted but still has points of interest.

After 56, she is like Australia, everybody knows its down there but who gives a damn.

I’ve still got some hope then. For a short while. 

Best get on pof before it’s too late then. o.O

Just now, One percent said:

I’ve still got some hope then. For a short while. 

Best get on pof before it’s too late then. o.O

o.O I'm sure you wouldn't lower yourself to that, your intelligence ought to rule it out. Dignity and being good company is the key IMO, after 50 no-one, male or female, is quite what they were. 

However if you do go on POF, place a 2nd profile of a younger type round Belfast and use your wiles to wind up Joe with all the stuff he might like - the shock when he realises should keep him off the damned thing for ever!

(We have no devil or demon emoticons - think we need one....)

image.png

5 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

o.O I'm sure you wouldn't lower yourself to that, your intelligence ought to rule it out. Dignity and being good company is the key IMO, after 50 no-one, male or female, is quite what they were. 

However if you do go on POF, place a 2nd profile of a younger type round Belfast and use your wiles to wind up Joe with all the stuff he might like - the shock when he realises should keep him off the damned thing for ever!

(We have no devil or demon emoticons - think we need one....)

image.png

👍