• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

whitevanman

Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm sorry but if I was served that in my local I wouldn't be drinking it.

Not even if it was artisan or, better still, craft?

8 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I read if you feed them porridge oats they explode when they absorb the water and expand inside the slug.

They don't like caffeine either. 

Is "slug" a euphemism for DOSBOD?

10 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I read if you feed them porridge oats they explode when they absorb the water and expand inside the slug.

They don't like caffeine either. 

What feckin kind of books are you reading?

11 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

101 ways to kill a slug. Fascinating plot although the characterisation isn't up to much.

It may be a regional thing, but some young ladies of my acquaintance many years ago used to refer to a gentleman's thinking organ as his "slug".

I used to think it referred to them sharing certain slimy qualities; but, given the recent direction this thread has taken, it could well be also due to the deleterious effects that copious quantities of beer have upon both of them...

Anyway, in honour of them, I've composed this little ditty:

Fifty Ways to Bereave a Slug, Yeah?

The problem is all inside your head, she said to me
The answer is easy if you take it logically
I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free
There must be fifty ways to bereave a slug, yeah?

She said it's really not my habit to intrude
For the more I hope my meaning won't be lost or misconstrued
So I repeat myself, at the risk of being cruel
There must be fifty ways to bereave a slug, yeah, fifty ways to bereave a slug yeah?

Just squish with your shoe, Lou, poison 'em slow, Mo
Don't need go chop, pop, just listen to me
Drown them in beer, dear, don't be squeamish here
Just hit with a bat, Matt, and get yourself free

Posted (edited)

Revealing series of interviews with attractive "traditional" Russian ladies in the following video from Arthur Moore where his subjects are disarmingly honest about using men for their resources. Take your pick gents, lardy feminist working girls in the West or this lot! Are they even very different when you come right down to it? Just following base instincts. On balance, I'd take the more feminine Russian gals and risk the potential financial hit.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

14 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Interesting - the women mostly seem clued up about the differences between men and women and why making the sexes 'equal' is not attractive. They are a little more honest in their desire to be 'kept' by a man; the problem with women in the west is they have this veneer of equality and independence but they have acquired this only in the last 50 years or so so it is very thin and the 'old Eve' is likely to break through. That's why you get bitter 40 something western career women because they've woken up and realised their 'career' is just cubicle slavery, it's too late to meet Mr Right and have children and most of what their feminist idols told them is a lie.

I think it's that pernicious "you can have it all" attitude that has spoiled things generally rather than accepting that you can't have it all.

I'm referring to men as well as women here (even though it is the DOSBODS thread); there is this constant theme pushed by advertising and TV prorgammes (the example springing most readily to mind is Catherine Tate's thickwitted shrew Donna in Dr Who) that everybody is unique, special, deserving, as good as anybody else when quite frankly you're not. Like 99% of people you are bog standard.

It unsettles people, makes them desire what they don't have rather than appreciating what they do have.  Couples get a bit fed up of each other and rather than trying to correct or it or accept it split up and look for the next one; bringing another layer of baggage with them which makes them little bit less appealing than they were before and that relationship even less likely to last than the previous one.  The classic example for men is trading your wife in for a younger model; treating people like cars.

I accept that I see this behaviour more in women but that's where my interest lies so I'm going to notice it; I'm sure it's the same in men.

57 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think it's that pernicious "you can have it all" attitude that has spoiled things generally rather than accepting that you can't have it all.

I'm referring to men as well as women here (even though it is the DOSBODS thread); there is this constant theme pushed by advertising and TV prorgammes (the example springing most readily to mind is Catherine Tate's thickwitted shrew Donna in Dr Who) that everybody is unique, special, deserving, as good as anybody else when quite frankly you're not. Like 99% of people you are bog standard.

It unsettles people, makes them desire what they don't have rather than appreciating what they do have.  Couples get a bit fed up of each other and rather than trying to correct or it or accept it split up and look for the next one; bringing another layer of baggage with them which makes them little bit less appealing than they were before and that relationship even less likely to last than the previous one.  The classic example for men is trading your wife in for a younger model; treating people like cars.

I accept that I see this behaviour more in women but that's where my interest lies so I'm going to notice it; I'm sure it's the same in men.

Exactly Frank - feminism is toxic because of course in the real world only a tiny tiny percentage of women or men can "have it all".

They need to present the reality that most women face - not try to suggest that everyone can be like Amal Clooney so they're all left feeling dissatisfied.

33 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Exactly Frank - feminism is toxic because of course in the real world only a tiny tiny percentage of women or men can "have it all".

They need to present the reality that most women face - not try to suggest that everyone can be like Amal Clooney so they're all left feeling dissatisfied.

Perhaps even encourages women to pursue unfulfilling goals rather than fulfilling ones. Although I’m the one who works from home and does the lion’s share of raising the kids while my wife commutes into London every day, and that works for us, I doubt it would be satisfactory for 90% of women (or men for that matter).

23 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Revealing series of interviews with attractive "traditional" Russian ladies in the following video from Arthur Moore where his subjects are disarmingly honest about using men for their resources. Take your pick gents, lardy feminist working girls in the West or this lot! Are they even very different when you come right down to it? Just following base instincts. On balance, I'd take the more feminine Russian gals and risk the potential financial hit.

Same here, I'd be more than happy knowing a woman was using me for my money i.e. security, which is attainable for most men rather than being some Tinder Chad which is 100% genetic, so only for the top 10% of men, while the other 90% become incels.

Sadly in this country I'd imagine you'd have to be top 0.5% of earners to be able to afford to have a stay at home wife, secondly I think Russia has the highest divorce rate in the world, something like 80%.

9 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Same here, I'd be more than happy knowing a woman was using me for my money i.e. security, which is attainable for most men rather than being some Tinder Chad which is 100% genetic, so only for the top 10% of men, while the other 90% become incels.

Sadly in this country I'd imagine you'd have to be top 0.5% of earners to be able to afford to have a stay at home wife, secondly I think Russia has the highest divorce rate in the world, something like 80%.

That was alright in the days when divorce was impossible or very difficult for a woman, and she was not able to earn a living independently of a man.

Marrying well, ie, to a decent man with a good income, was the equivalent of today's women choosing a 'good' career.

Nowadays 'security' is no longer a reason for women to marry or to stay married once they get bored. So if a woman's using you for your money, the problem is there's a big risk she'll ditch you and move on to the 'bigger, better deal'. 

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

That was alright in the days when divorce was impossible or very difficult for a woman, and she was not able to earn a living independently of a man.

Marrying well, ie, to a decent man with a good income, was the equivalent of today's women choosing a 'good' career.

Nowadays 'security' is no longer a reason for women to marry or to stay married once they get bored. So if a woman's using you for your money, the problem is there's a big risk she'll ditch you and move on to the 'bigger, better deal'. 

Yup that's what I was alluding too with the 80% divorce rate, you'll end up paying for everything and she'll still fuck off. Only way is not marry them and keep your shit. Pay for meals, mortgage, bills etc but no marriage. If she fucks off she fucks off and least you'll keep your shit. Think it's important not to allow them to pay any bills as it could give them a claim on your house. If I was rich this is the game I'd be playing.

Zero upside to marriage (for a man).

1 hour ago, gibbon said:

Yup that's what I was alluding too with the 80% divorce rate, you'll end up paying for everything and she'll still fuck off. Only way is not marry them and keep your shit. Pay for meals, mortgage, bills etc but no marriage. If she fucks off she fucks off and least you'll keep your shit. Think it's important not to allow them to pay any bills as it could give them a claim on your house. If I was rich this is the game I'd be playing.

Not in Canada.  Co-habitation divorce.  You let her live with you for six months, she can 'divorce' you.

5 minutes ago, ElKapitan84 said:

Not in Canada.  Co-habitation divorce.  You let her live with you for six months, she can 'divorce' you.

1 hour ago, gibbon said:

Zero upside to letting them live under the same roof, never mind marriage. I'm not even convinced there's much of a case for co-habiting when there are children, two very nearby houses seems better to me. Even the nice ones want to tell you what to do and are almost never peaceful and content with the status quo for longer than a few weeks. 

Image result for teach her to talk, what harm can it do

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Zero upside to letting them live under the same roof, never mind marriage. I'm not even convinced there's much of a case for co-habiting when there are children, two very nearby houses seems better to me. Even the nice ones want to tell you what to do and are almost never peaceful and content with the status quo for longer than a few weeks. 

More power you give a bird over you more your life is going to be hell. Stupidly once upon a time I moved into a gf's place, the niceties lasted about 2 days before she turned into a raging cunt. Two weeks later I packed my bags. Remember going back up the gym afterwards and telling one of my training partners about it, seeing as my head was still spinning and he just said bluntly "You moved into HER place, what the fuck did you think was going to happen?". He was right.

Marriage is like putting your balls in vice and expecting her i.e. "the biggest teenager in the house" not to turn the handle.

Edited by gibbon

4 minutes ago, gibbon said:

More power you give a bird over you more your life is going to be hell. Stupidly once upon a time I moved into a gf's place, the niceties lasted about 2 days before she turned into a raging cunt. Two weeks later I packed my bags. Remember going back up the gym afterwards and telling one of my training partners about it, seeing as my head was still spinning and he just said bluntly "You moved into HER place, what the fuck did you think was going to happen?". He was right.

Marriage is like putting your balls in vice and expecting her i.e. "the biggest teenager in the house" not to turn the handle.

Yeah, I have to be honest and say there are decent burds for whom this is not true, but IMO they're in the minority.

31 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

...almost never peaceful and content with the status quo for longer than a few weeks. 

It’s called PMS