DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Don’t do the right thing - Brixton Riots 2020

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unlicensed music event according the BBC...... Bit like when Hitler illegally parked his campvervan in Poland.    

Poor people generally have no concept of providing for tomorrow so what comes in that week they spend that week as they always have. That's why they have to go straight onto benefits when they lo

I worked out very early on after getting into a small amount of debt that if I carried on that way then not only would a big chunk of my net earnings be going on debt interest, I would effectively spe

Posted Images

The romanticised view:

Brixton Black Lives Matter live music protest, Windrush Square, Weds 24th June 2020

There’s a Black Lives Matter live music protest taking place in Brixton’s Windrush Square today, Weds 24th June 2020, with the bands kicking off at 1pm.

Acts on the day include Brixton’s very own Ruth Brown, Phoenix Tha Rude Boii, Aramanious, Stee Moglie, Dirty Daggz, Ninjatea, Sky God and more.

The poster (below) instructs anyone coming to the protest to wear a protective mask and observe 2 metre social distancing.

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2020/06/brixton-black-lives-matter-live-music-protest-windrush-square-weds-24th-june-2020/

The reality:

15 officers injured and police cars smashed after street party

Fifteen officers have been injured and police cars smashed up during "significant disorder" following a street party in Brixton overnight.

Footage on social media showed a line of police retreating from crowds of people on Cecilia Road near the Angell Town estate in Brixton.

Bottles were thrown at the officers and in one video a man appeared to be brandishing a long sword at the officers.

Two men could be seen on top of a police vehicle smashing in the windscreen with a large object and their feet.

Another two men were seen carrying a large wooden table before placing it on the floor and ripping the legs off

Police were called to the scene on Wednesday evening to reports of a large unlicensed street party and tried to encourage the crowd to leave as large gatherings are not allowed due to the coronavirus lockdown, but "they did not engage with police", a Met Police statement said.

More officers then came down and the group became hostile towards them and despite a dispersal zone order being granted the crowd remained.

https://news.sky.com/story/brixton-15-officers-injured-and-police-cars-smashed-after-street-party-12014423

¬¬

16 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It is absolutely perfect rioting weather. I am very familiar with Brixton of the 1970s. I thought it had gone posh now.

The bit by the coffee shops and artisanal bakers is nice, and Electric Avenue is so very ethnic -- but who'd want to live with the poor people...

Video going around of police running away whilst someone is brandishing a sword at them

Who was that bloke that was banging on about the whip hand again, BLM seems to be emboldening certain elements of the 'black community' to believe they are free to literally run riot.

Edited by hapax legomenon
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

They may be slow but they have got there this time.

It's on their front page now.

Two minutes after @The Idiocrat posted this thread!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53176472

Good to beat the BBC but I’m even prouder to have beaten @The Masked Tulip to it! Is it just buried in local news? Still can’t see it on the News front page or homepage. If this had happened in the US it would be all over the website and TV.

9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Poor people share what they have. It's the rich that are tight.

Not sure if you mean share or 'share'.

But you're right -- you don't get much for living in a rich community.  I quite like living in the country, although you can't buy yourself into the community, even though you can buy yourself into a property -- it takes about 15 years before people start regarding you as a 'local'.    But maybe that's just because I'm Welsh.

1 minute ago, dgul said:

Not sure if you mean share or 'share'.

But you're right -- you don't get much for living in a rich community.  I quite like living in the country, although you can't buy yourself into the community, even though you can buy yourself into a property -- it takes about 15 years before people start regarding you as a 'local'.    But maybe that's just because I'm Welsh.

But maybe that's just because I'm Welsh.

Some disabilities are hidden.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

That's rather worrying.

I had assumed that that was the standard UK front page (see the sub menu England / NI etc.); I hadn't realised that I had been provided with a tailored version!

It’s just started appearing - maybe a server/ISP thing. Should be headline news though.

Edited by The Idiocrat
13 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Poor people share what they have. It's the rich that are tight.

Poor people generally have no concept of providing for tomorrow so what comes in that week they spend that week as they always have.

That's why they have to go straight onto benefits when they lose their jobs and burn through lottery wins.  There is no concept of saving.

I've known somebody who took temp jobs in the £40k - £60k range who was just like that; job lost and straight down the labour exchange to get housing benefit to pay next week's rent.  Played the rich woman in pubs and restaurants and was poor as a consequence.

People make themselves poor; it isn't a state to which to aspire or to put upon a pedestal as Charles Dickens did.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Poor people generally have no concept of providing for tomorrow so what comes in that week they spend that week as they always have.

That's why they have to go straight onto benefits when they lose their jobs and burn through lottery wins.  There is no concept of saving.

I've known somebody who took temp jobs in the £40k - £60k range who was just like that; job lost and straight down the labour exchange to get housing benefit to pay next week's rent.  Played the rich woman in pubs and restaurants and was poor as a consequence.

People make themselves poor; it isn't a state to which to aspire or to put upon a pedestal as Charles Dickens did.

That's a terrible statement Franko. I guess some didn't go to your posh public school. And before you say it, I have some very good friends, who are "rather privileged", and never let on. I won't discriminate on that. It's not where you are from, it's the belief you have in where you are going, and I mix with all sorts.

Just now, MrPin said:

That's a terrible statement Franko. I guess some didn't go to your posh public school. And before you say it, I have some very good friends, who are "rather privileged", and never let on. I won't discriminate on that. It's not where you are from, it's the belief you have in where you are going, and I mix with all sorts.

That's why I put in the example of my friend.  Earns a lot and spends every penny and more; by any standards £60k is a decent whack and I have known her earn that for several jobs.

Her mother gives her her old cars so she doesn't even need to buy one.  She puts on the appearance of being rich and is poor as a consequence.

It's not what you earn it's what you keep.