DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

PIA 40% of pilots fake licenses

14 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

A few weeks ago there was the terrible airbus crash when it tried to land wheels up 

looks like the investigation has been completed now and PIA have found a significant number of its pilots have fake licenses 

https://airwaysmag.com/industry/pakistan-fake-pilot-licenses/

Why does that not surprise me.  

I always knew piloting was a piece of piss that anyone could do especially if they were gamers. Imma give it a try myself one of these days just get your license off the internet and up up and away. 

12 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I always knew piloting was a piece of piss that anyone could do especially if they were gamers. Imma give it a try myself one of these days just get your license off the internet and up up and away. 

Problem is that you would be distracted keeping an eye out for the zombies and crack whores.

1 hour ago, ad_ceng said:

A few weeks ago there was the terrible airbus crash when it tried to land wheels up 

looks like the investigation has been completed now and PIA have found a significant number of its pilots have fake licenses 

My dad was in the RAF and, later, worked in the civil aviation world and there were only a small number of airlines he was prepared to fly on. It was partly the question of maintenance standards but also down to the open secret in the business that a lot of pilots outside of national carrier from developed countries were dodgy as fuck (fake qualifications, taking drugs to stay awake, alcoholic, etc.)

1 hour ago, ad_ceng said:

Ourageous!

Paki way is to borrow a family members.

What annoys me is when professionals from other countries cry foul whenever there's a delay to getting set up in the UK because their (education) background needs checking.  Not only is cheating rife in many countries, there's usually a language difficulty that makes checking difficult.

Professionals in countries like Pakistan should put in place an assumed rigorous checking system -- every exam/test should have a photograph and maybe fingerprints on entry.  Every job application should have qualifications checked.  Any cheating should result in all qualifications rendered void and require retaking.  

But these countries would never do this, because too many of the people making decisions have gamed the system for their advantage.

Anyway, people coming to the UK shouldn't be moaning about the UK's approach and how they're expected to wait etc before starting their job -- they should be moaning about education fraud around the world and how the world needs a better system.

46 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

My dad was in the RAF and, later, worked in the civil aviation world and there were only a small number of airlines he was prepared to fly on. It was partly the question of maintenance standards but also down to the open secret in the business that a lot of pilots outside of national carrier from developed countries were dodgy as fuck (fake qualifications, taking drugs to stay awake, alcoholic, etc.)

I knew a guy back in the '80s whor had been a flight engineer on CL44s. He did a lot of work in Africa and such like places. He reckoned that he would not fly in an aircraft which was registered South of Europe and North of South Africa. I would imagine that these days South Africa would be replaced by Australia.

2 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

Its a cultural thing and any criticism of the practice is hateful.

3x more corrupt than 1995, ranked 120th out of 180 in the world.

Fundamentalism at its best.

1118070043_pakistancorruption.thumb.jpg.595cf13198c7173c841c11282036c2be.jpg

years back in SA I helped someone learn to drive rogue style - for me since when I got to 16 on the insistence of my mum I got practise with my brother on some empty space out of town.  Only once iirc but I really think it's good to get a taste for the muscle memory or whatever to start developing. 

Anyway a few years later trying to help my mate learn with the same sort of good intentions.  Large private roads, me playing co-pilot, step on the gas....good times.

Unfortunately didn't realise his instructor encouraged him to pay a couple of bob to get the license expedited i.e handed too him without a pesky test.  Felt a bit uneasy with my trial by fire lessons after realising.  Fair play to him he later got proper lessons and I think a test again maybe...despite being able to transfer his existing SA license across as I think counted in the commonwealth.

Flying planes though wtf? but guess it's pakistan everything probably for sale there

3 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Flying planes though wtf? but guess it's pakistan everything probably for sale there

It's certainly the Wild East. I could have come back with a Kalashnivov, but I got decorative plates instead.

47 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

years back in SA I helped someone learn to drive rogue style - for me since when I got to 16 on the insistence of my mum I got practise with my brother on some empty space out of town.  Only once iirc but I really think it's good to get a taste for the muscle memory or whatever to start developing. 

Anyway a few years later trying to help my mate learn with the same sort of good intentions.  Large private roads, me playing co-pilot, step on the gas....good times.

Unfortunately didn't realise his instructor encouraged him to pay a couple of bob to get the license expedited i.e handed too him without a pesky test.  Felt a bit uneasy with my trial by fire lessons after realising.  Fair play to him he later got proper lessons and I think a test again maybe...despite being able to transfer his existing SA license across as I think counted in the commonwealth.

At one point, I forget exactly when, the FAA announced that the hoped to have half the pilots in Alaska licensed by some future date.

1 minute ago, Rare Bear said:

At one point, I forget exactly when, the FAA announced that the hoped to have half the pilots in Alaska licensed by some future date.

I think they crash a lot.

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Doctors (cough) doctors.

I knew and Indian guy who admitted to basically buying his medical degree. It was from a smaller Indian university and his parents bunged the various lecturers cash to let him pass despite his total lack of ability and interest. The better news is that he never actually practised as a doctor outside of India and, even then, only did his residency.