• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Ahh was pikey

55 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Going back a few years, BT came to work on the underground cables in a local village. The roads were dug up and chaos in the narrow village ensued for about 3 weeks. All signage was BT, labelled work clothes. Home owners were making the workmen cups of tea, biscuits, cakes etc. Then the workmen left. Trenches were still in the roads, the signage was still in place. After a couple of weeks on no activity someone contacted BT. You've guessed it.

Given the service I've had from BT it doesn't surprise me it took them so long to realise the difference.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6931319/Gang-fake-policemen-tortured-father-ransom-plot-jailed.html

gang who posed as police officers to kidnap a man before torturing him for 18 hours as part of a £200,000 ransom plot have been jailed for a total of 38 years.

The man was beaten with metal batons, stabbed, attacked with a machete, burnt with an iron and had boiling water poured over him during the terrifying ordeal.

At one stage his family were forced to listen to his agonised screams as the gang demanded a £200,000 ransom payment.

On July 26 last year, five men posing as police officers in full uniform - including armed vests, hats and radios - put their victim under fake arrest.

42 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6931319/Gang-fake-policemen-tortured-father-ransom-plot-jailed.html

gang who posed as police officers to kidnap a man before torturing him for 18 hours as part of a £200,000 ransom plot have been jailed for a total of 38 years.

The man was beaten with metal batons, stabbed, attacked with a machete, burnt with an iron and had boiling water poured over him during the terrifying ordeal.

At one stage his family were forced to listen to his agonised screams as the gang demanded a £200,000 ransom payment.

On July 26 last year, five men posing as police officers in full uniform - including armed vests, hats and radios - put their victim under fake arrest.

I would like to know what is behind this story.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I would like to know what is behind this story.

Rival drug gang.

Or punishing a low down dealer.

Id have these down as Doyles rather than Pikeys.

Edited by spygirl 🏆

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, spygirl 🏆 said:

Rival drug gang.

Or punishing a low down builder.

Id have these down as Doyles rather than Pikeys.

Drugs, I'd bet.

Why did the victim think he was being arrested and not get suspicous? Because he expected he might be arrested? ¬¬

And why did the kidnappers assume that the victim's family could get the money to pay a £200k ransom? ¬¬

Edited by Happy Renting

1 hour ago, Option5 said:

land would be sold to "the local gypsies" if plans for housing were turned down.

I first heard that one about 15 years ago and people still fall for it, my local parish council (funded by every household in the village) purchased a field for several times it's actual value when some chancer realised making millions on residential development wasn't as easy as just buying a random field and wanted to get his money back. Truth is that they would sell to anyone with the money to pay. People are so heavily invested in their homes that they panic, get hysterical and fall for the 'gypsy' ruse. In such circumstances, the only person that ought to be making offers on the land is the farmer that owns the adjacent land (and probably sold the field to the original moron for more than it's value in the first place)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-48018659

A pick-up truck driver has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a mother in a three-vehicle crash.

The arrest comes after a Volkswagen Amarok failed to stop at the scene of Saturday's crash in Bickershaw Lane, Wigan.

Police said the driver and passengers escaped by forcing another motorist to drive them away.

The 34-year-old woman driver of a Volkswagen Polo died in hospital.

Her passengers, a 29-year-old man and two girls aged four and 13, were also taken to hospital.

The pick-up truck was later found in Bolton House Road.

A 26-year-old man was held for causing death by dangerous driving before being further arrested for murder, kidnap and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

He remains in custody along with a 42-year-old man arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

either pikey or honour killing would be my guess 

I think this may belong here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48102356

A man wanted in connection with the abduction and rape of two women has been named by the Met Police.

Joseph McCann is wanted by detectives investigating the abduction of the first victim in Chingford on 25 April.

The second woman was abducted in Edgware 12 hours later and both were taken separately to a hotel in Watford, but managed to escape.

Officers believe Mr McCann, 33, may use disguises and has connections in Watford, Aylesbury and Ipswich.

The Met said the suspect is also known to use false names and has warned people not to approach him.

Det Ch Insp Katherine Goodwin said: "We would ask anyone with any information about McCann's whereabouts to contact us immediately.

"McCann is considered extremely dangerous and a risk to the public and we ask people not to approach him, but instead call 999."

TESCO are apparently 'restructuring' security.

Some stores now have no security staff. 

CCTV is monitored at central locations for each area.

One TESCO in North-West, monitored miles away in Manchester, has lost over £600 in the week since adopting the new system.

A known Pikey family helping themselves.

Engagement protocols have also changed so shoplifters are not stopped.

Police have informed them they won't be responding for thefts under a certain amount, rumoured as £30.

This could consign food banks to history.

2 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

One TESCO in North-West, monitored miles away in Manchester, has lost over £600 in the week since adopting the new system.

Police have informed them they won't be responding for thefts under a certain amount, rumoured as £30.

They probably saved £1200 in security guard wages.

4 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Brill, I know what I’m doing this weekend. 

Anyone want to buy 60 quids worth of food and booze?  Half price to you. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

They probably saved £1200 in security guard wages.

Yes I believe that's part of the calculation. If an agency is paid X to supply security staff to replace previously direct TESCO employees, there must have been savings in pensions etc. To now remove them completely is an even further saving in payroll. The old days of employing ex-military or ex-police that would have the benefit of community intelligence ie know who are the pilfers are gone. Consider also, that if security guards are not going to tackle, challenge, or give chase, what's the point ?

Even if they did so, what can they do if Police will not respond ?  

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Brill, I know what I’m doing this weekend. 

Anyone want to buy 60 quids worth of food and booze?  Half price to you. 

The most popular stolen items are security tagged, eg bottles of spirits, Gillette blades, X-Box games, blah, blah, and are often stolen to order.

Shrinkage increases when adopting self-service tills.

Both measures rely on honesty. Our society is being replaced with people from other cultures that do not have our way of thinking. We all can see it, whether it's queues, politeness in walking along pavements, or setting fire to churches.

Without security, supermarkets are going to see shoplifting massively increase.

At some point the calculation will reach tipping point, stores will close, shopping will move online only.

Maybe that's the plan.   

Edited by Bedrag Justesen

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Yes I believe that's part of the calculation. If an agency is paid X to supply security staff to replace previously direct TESCO employees, there must have been savings in pensions etc. To now remove them completely is an even further saving in payroll. The old days of employing ex-military or ex-police that would have the benefit of community intelligence ie know who the pilfers are gone. Consider also, that if security guards are not going to tackle, challenge, or give chase, what's the point ?

The most popular stolen items are security tagged, eg bottles of spirits, Gillette blades, X-Box games, blah, blah, and are often stolen to order.

Both measures rely on honesty. Our society is being replaced with people from other cultures that do not have our way of thinking. We all can see it, whether it's queues, politeness in walking along pavements, or setting fire to churches.

Without security supermarkets are going to see shoplifting massively increase.

At some point the calculation will reach tipping point, stores will close, shopping will move online only.

Maybe that's the plan.   

It’s ok.  They won’t lose. They will just add the cost to the price of the items they sell so that the idiots  honest people pay the cost. 

16 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Yes I believe that's part of the calculation. If an agency is paid X to supply security staff to replace previously direct TESCO employees, there must have been savings in pensions etc. To now remove them completely is an even further saving in payroll. The old days of employing ex-military or ex-police that would have the benefit of community intelligence ie know who are the pilfers are gone. Consider also, that if security guards are not going to tackle, challenge, or give chase, what's the point ?

Without security, supermarkets are going to see shoplifting massively increase.

Maybe that's the plan.   

Years ago ... I used an offy in Dundee.

Everything was behind a cage.

You point at a bottle and the migrant would fetch it, then you pay your cash thru the security window and you get it.

Rather than poofy countries and grape variety, they organised the wine by colour - blue, orange, pink red, 

23 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

A couple of years ago Hungerford adopted a 'no investigation of petty crimes' policy, which was publicised* as including 'shoplifting under £100 of goods'.  In the next 12 months shoplifting increased about 200% (and that's just what was recorded).  People were 'commuting' to Hungerford to do the low value steal (I'd presume that they'd do every relevant shop, so £100ish x n per trip).  If that wasn't bad enough, as a 'side effect' there was a massive increase in 'threatening behaviours' towards staff, which I'd presume would be what would happen if staff members tried to intervene.

I see the latest innovation for Hungerford is that they've introduced a new smartphone app to deter shoplifters.  I'm not sure how that'll work, other than if they gave each shoplifter a smartphone with it installed as an incentive to bugger off.

Back OT, we have a traveller community turn up in a field about 1/2 mile away a little while ago.  Cue everyone local screwing down anything that moves.  Luckily the farmer gave them a bung as an incentive to bugger off.  Not sure that I approve, but the problem has gone away for now.  Bung or not, they still left an amazingly huge amount of trash behind them when they went -- they were only there for 12 hours.

[* I know.  Idiots.  One thing to do it and keep quiet, quite another to do it and tell all the crims]

54 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Years ago ... I used an offy in Dundee.

Everything was behind a cage.

You point at a bottle and the migrant would fetch it, then you pay your cash thru the security window and you get it.

Rather than poofy countries and grape variety, they organised the wine by colour - blue, orange, pink red, 

Blue wine???

I would have thought they'd order it by strength.

1 hour ago, NewryH said:

Blue wine???

I would have thought they'd order it by strength.

In Dundee it's called blue wine.

Elsewhere you'd still ask for methylated spirits.

Lot of countries the off licences are caged off. Some places even standard little shops are. I don't know what the answer is really, I think the store rely on staff going rogue and attempting to stop them, being attacked, and then it's an assault which the police will respond to. But the punishment is obviously nothing better than a night in the cells and the pain in the arse of having to get out of bed to go to the probation office a few times. Maybe a couple of weeks holiday in the nick. There is basically no law. As more and more people realise they've got nothing left to lose British society is fast turning into a dystopia.