DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Spanish virologists have found traces of Covid-19 in a sample of Barcelona wastewater collected in March 2019, the University of Barcelona said on Friday.

The team, who have been testing wastewater since mid-April 2020, also ran tests on older samples.

They discovered that the virus was present in Barcelona on January 15 2020, 41 days before the first case was officially reported in the city. 

The researchers also ran tests on samples taken between January 2018 and December 2019 and found the coronavirus genome in one of the samples, collected on March 12, 2019.

"The levels of SARS-CoV-2 were low but were positive," research leader Albert Bosch said. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-news-lockdown-social-distancing-uk-vaccine-cases/

I had a VERY strange virus in January 2019 - had trouble breathing. Unlike any other virus that I've ever had, and I'm a 55 year-old teacher - teachers get loads of colds, because we hang out with snotty kids (I still think that they're great!)

COVID-19 like symptoms, well I never!

A guy who I work with was in army for 20 years, quite high up the food chain, and well connected. He recently told me that the UK government has been experimenting with using lab-made flu viruses as a biological weapon. Apparently, in the 1980s tests were carried out in Lancashire. Viruses were spread from aircraft during the night. The effectiveness of the weapon was then measured by comparing GP consultations for flu in Lancashire per thousand compared with the rest of the country.

I'm playing it like the Soviets did during the battle of Stalingrad. To stay alive, you've got to try to keep as close as you can to your foe. There are certain places in Britain that are safer to live in than others - live close to the movers and shakers and you'll usually be okay

48 minutes ago, arbitrage said:

I had a VERY strange virus in January 2019 - had trouble breathing. Unlike any other virus that I've ever had, and I'm a 55 year-old teacher - teachers get loads of colds, because we hang out with snotty kids (I still think that they're great!)

COVID-19 like symptoms, well I never!

A guy who I work with was in army for 20 years, quite high up the food chain, and well connected. He recently told me that the UK government has been experimenting with using lab-made flu viruses as a biological weapon. Apparently, in the 1980s tests were carried out in Lancashire. Viruses were spread from aircraft during the night. The effectiveness of the weapon was then measured by comparing GP consultations for flu in Lancashire per thousand compared with the rest of the country.

I'm playing it like the Soviets did during the battle of Stalingrad. To stay alive, you've got to try to keep as close as you can to your foe. There are certain places in Britain that are safer to live in than others - live close to the movers and shakers and you'll usually be okay

I had a fucking weird virus around 2 years ago. No cough, no cold, no aches/pains, just a fever that flattened me for 4 or 5 days. Shaking like a shitting dog i was. Didn't eat a thing either, must've lost a stone. Every cloud and all that:D

Edited by lid
2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Another flawed test?

My first reaction

I can't think they have fallen for a false positive but it is a simple and standard mistake to make.

Contamination of the rt-PCR reaction is so easy once you have amplified product in the laborarory from previous amplification reactions, and especially when working with very low copy number template as these waste water samples must be.

Standard practise would be to run negative controls. But i've seen many people that should know better fail to run -ve controls or even to ignore them when they are positive, because to get back to a clean -ve control can be a very frustrating and time consumng process as you try to track down the source of contamination, progressively throwing away all your reagents; only to find the source of comtamination is your pipettor pumping template into the reagents every time you use it.

Edited by Hopeful
On 26/06/2020 at 21:42, arbitrage said:

He recently told me that the UK government has been experimenting with using lab-made flu viruses as a biological weapon. Apparently, in the 1980s tests were carried out in Lancashire.

Awww, experimenting on your own. How nice. Who was in charge, Josef Mengele Jnr? 

1 hour ago, arbitrage said:

Wise-up!

The British government did it

It has happened more than once

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2002/apr/21/uk.medicalscience

I know, hence the phrase experimenting on your own. The reference to Mengele was because he was a sick and twisted cunt, but even he didn't experiment on his own.

(I am in no way trying to suggest the crimes against humanity that Mengele committed are not as bad as the British government testing on its own people)