DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Common Purpose Woman

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The end point of a movement in management away from people that managed the things to one that manage the people. The people in charge have no interest in the things and are only interested in ma

I dont think CP is set up to establish some sort of blood rites of Zion, lizard people empire. Its was just a public sector networking club, setup to show the public sector were just as able to d

Exactly, the are people manipulators. I had one today, charity owner, asking why it was going to take me five days to fit the lights in her Gym. "Can you not do it quicker" "No" "D

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I dont think CP is set up to establish some sort of blood rites of Zion, lizard people empire.

Its was just a public sector networking club, setup to show the public sector were just as able to deliver complex, technical solutions, high output solutions in the public sector.

It cant - public sector just dont make people turn up n earn their money. They also dont sack people like the private sector.

I give you ...... Paula

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8461207/Ex-Post-Office-boss-Paula-Vennells-sparks-outrage-blaming-scandal-tech-workers.html

30062760-8461207-image-m-2_1593117234321

Chipmunk like, slightly religious, non vocational degree, bounced around in private sector cagugly doing stuff.

Post office for 12years, as the PO locked up SPM. 

She said: 'I remember being told by Fujitsu's then CEO when I raised it with him that the system was 'like Fort Knox'.'

Told??? You get in in fucking writing and quantified ffs.

Mrs Vennells went on to blame her own staff, saying it was the responsibility of the Post Office's top lawyer to oversee prosecutions.

And it's her job to oversee those lawyers. If prosecutions have gone up 10x on introducing a new system surely there should be some intellectual curiosity?

https://ukcampaign4change.com/

Every school, hospital, local authority is stuffed with (mainly) women like Paula.

The issue, as I understand it, was not that it was insecure but that it lacked basic transactional integrity. So she didn’t even ask Fujitsu the right question to begin with. It’s like buying a car, asking about the paint colour and then being surprised to find out that it runs on diesel not petrol after you’ve taken delivery.

50 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I dont think CP is set up to establish some sort of blood rites of Zion, lizard people empire.

Its was just a public sector networking club, setup to show the public sector were just as able to deliver complex, technical solutions, high output solutions in the public sector.

It cant - public sector just dont make people turn up n earn their money. They also dont sack people like the private sector.

I give you ...... Paula

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8461207/Ex-Post-Office-boss-Paula-Vennells-sparks-outrage-blaming-scandal-tech-workers.html

Chipmunk like, slightly religious, non vocational degree, bounced around in private sector cagugly doing stuff.

She said: 'I remember being told by Fujitsu's then CEO when I raised it with him that the system was 'like Fort Knox'.'

Mrs Vennells went on to blame her own staff, saying it was the responsibility of the Post Office's top lawyer to oversee prosecutions.

And it's her job to oversee those lawyers. If prosecutions have gone up 10x on introducing a new system surely there should be some intellectual curiosity?

Every school, hospital, local authority is stuffed with (mainly) women like Paula.

You just look at here and think no way in hell do i want to work anywhere near this person. Passive aggressive boss from hell.  

9 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

The issue, as I understand it, was not that it was insecure but that it lacked basic transactional integrity. So she didn’t even ask Fujitsu the right question to begin with. It’s like buying a car, asking about the paint colour and then being surprised to find out that it runs on diesel not petrol after you’ve taken delivery.

Its not like transaction were that new in 2000s.

They could have just ripped  IBM enterprise mq. Not hugely demanding. They had Ian lines to each branch.

The rptransaction stuff has been written rewritten over the years.

But no, icl had to go and write a new one with the gormless bracknell people who were unable yo get jobs elsewhere.

58 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I give you ...... Paula

Too thick and too arrogant to bother understanding the system. 

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

You just look at here and think no way in hell do i want to work anywhere near this person. Passive aggressive boss from hell.  

Had one of those early in my career.

It was very bumpy. I walked out and went farming for 9 months while I regrouped and won a fellowship. It was a gamble but I knew if I stayed I'd have no career. Not a single PhD student they have had has ever fnished, not a single post-doc has remained in science all were trashed because they were no good - but a bad workwoman blames their tools. The only one that survived was me. How it was allowed to go on i do not know. I certainly blew the whistle but was ignored. They are now a lead scientist in their organisation - just 'managing' on a fat salary and giving talks nervously on subjects they know nothing about to audiences that know even less.

Edited by Hopeful
Just now, Hopeful said:

Had one of those early in my career.

It was very bumpy. I walked out and went farming for 9 months while I regrouped and won a fellowship. It was a gamble but I knew if I stayed I'd have no career. Not a single PhD student they have had has ever fnished, not a single post-doc has remained in science all were trashed because they were no good - but a bad workwoman blames their tools. The only one that survived was me. How it was allowed to go on i do not know. I certainly belw the whistle but was ignored. They are now a lead scientist in their organisation - just 'managing' on a fat salary and giving talks nervously on subjects they know nothing about to audiences that know even less.

It is beyond me how these people survive  ther are many in my organisation that I look at and think, what do you do?  They seem to have very little work. Whilst others are driven into the ground.  

I was up n down the ECML in the early 00s.

I remember around 2002 the carriage started to fill up with large groups, not just wimmin, off to some sort of networking do or training.

I dont think they were CP but the groups were all public sector - hospital, LAs. They all sort looked n acted the same. Clipboards a plenty. I'm not sure they just didn't put the documents on a laptop.

Wierd.

3 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

And i sat in conference rooms with them for 20 years. Scowling at the back behind a laptop screen.

Once i had to help the then editor of Cosmo, Mandy something or other cos she fucked up a presentation half way through.

"That's the only thing we need a man for eh girls" she tarted, as i stood next to her sorting things. I gave her "the stare" on leaving the podium.

Not that i'm really lumping Mandy in with the common purpose crew. She was just a grade A cunt.

Could you not get her to use her computer whilst you sort out the connections under the desk?

Up skirts photos were not illegal then.

I'm assuming youd want to look up her skirt?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/return-of-randi-mandi-7293610.html

Maybe not.

3 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

The end point of a movement in management away from people that managed the things to one that manage the people.

The people in charge have no interest in the things and are only interested in manipulation of the people.

What gets me is the sheer ignorant arrogance.  They genuinely think they're right.  Even when all the shit is falling around them, and with each dollop of shit having a tiny address label specifically for them, they'll still say they were right and that it was everyone else's fault.

18 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

The end point of a movement in management away from people that managed the things to one that manage the people.

The people in charge have no interest in the things and are only interested in manipulation of the people.

Sadly this spreads to the government too 

8 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

Exactly, the are people manipulators.

I had one today, charity owner, asking why it was going to take me five days to fit the lights in her Gym.

"Can you not do it quicker"

"No"

"Does nobody do anything for nothing these days"

"Can't do that, I'm saving for a Range Rover" says I glancing over my shoulder looking at hers.

The sheer fucking front of her would have rocked lesser men. As it was we had a brief eye contact moment that said "I know your game"/"you know my game"

Sociopaths.

They are at their most dangerous when you let them know that you know their game

Another problem with my face being a window to my soul.