Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

We're all going on a summer holidays


Recommended Posts

 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-summer-holidays-abroad-to-be-allowed-as-uk-quarantine-rules-to-be-changed-12015679

 

Coronavirus: UK to scrap quarantine rule for some of our most popular destinations

What could possibly go wrong.  There will be a mad rush to book now...prices will go through the roof as holiday companies try and cash in.

 

 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't wait to get to Spain in a sealed metal tube and swap sweaty body fluids with random folk.

You know what it is all bollocks I am coming to the conclusion we just have to let it rip and open everything up or else there will be nothing left to open. this on again off again whack a mole approa

Son has landed at Atlanta. Walked into non-us citizen immigration. The five officers looked up from their books somewhat surprised. Then rather sheepishly put their masks on. He was through

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Can't wait to get to Spain in a sealed metal tube and swap sweaty body fluids with random folk.

If the Wuhan plague is as deadly and virulent as they say this decision is properly mental and reeks of countries putting profit over people.

We are truly ruled by ass-holes of the highest order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

If the Wuhan plague is as deadly and virulent as they say this decision is properly mental and reeks of countries putting profit over people.

We are truly ruled by ass-holes of the highest order.

Some people will moan about anything.

If it's as small an issue as the Dosboderati consensus suggests then this is absolutely the right decision.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Some people will moan about anything.

If it's as small an issue as the Dosboderati consensus suggests then this is absolutely the right decision.

 

If the plague is bad then you dont let people go on holiday,

If the plague aint back, why the f**k did they lock us down


cant have it both ways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

If the plague is bad then you dont let people go on holiday,

If the plague aint back, why the f**k did they lock us down


cant have it both ways.

Sure, but I can't see that it makes much sense to ask the government to keep us locked down just because that's a course of action that they initially commited to.

If you don't personally believe the virus is particularly dangerous then castigating the government for lifting the lockdown is just cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-summer-holidays-abroad-to-be-allowed-as-uk-quarantine-rules-to-be-changed-12015679

 

Coronavirus: UK to scrap quarantine rule for some of our most popular destinations

What could possibly go wrong.  There will be a mad rush to book now...prices will go through the roof as holiday companies try and cash in.

 

 

You sound surprised. Quarantine was always a Token gesture. The fact they kept airports open and importing cases without any checks until recently says all you need to know. As soon as its finally brought in, it's a free for all again. Gesture politics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

If the Wuhan plague is as deadly and virulent as they say this decision is properly mental and reeks of countries putting profit over people.

We are truly ruled by ass-holes of the highest order.

We have the worst death rate in Europe. If we send a few infected folk out across Europe and increase their numbers, as they catch up our figures won't look as bad by comparison.

Plus the BoE loans guaranteed by the governbankment include £600m to Ryanair, £600m to Easyjet, £600m Intercontinental Hotels, £300m Wizz Air, etc etc. They don't want all the loans in the holiday sector going tits up.

It's win win. Spread some virus and get a few quid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see a large number of uk crettins booking up right now, 

Get them up to gatwick asap i say, herd'em & pack'em in those planes and transfer coaches i say,

tolerate absolutely no malingering or holding up from boarding anyone tries that cancel'em on the spot.

These people need to learn a very harsh lesson if they are craven enough to put their fellow countryfolk and work colleagues at risk cos "they need a holiday"

Watch them kick off at the other end when one of ther family members gets pulled on a temperature check and taken away to an isolation hotel.

Oh yes......you dont think they are going to let someone out of the airport running a fever do you? they will be taken away to quarantine whilst awaiting the swab test results. 

Edited by WorkingPoor
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

If the Wuhan plague is as deadly and virulent as they say this decision is properly mental and reeks of countries putting profit over people.

We are truly ruled by ass-holes of the highest order.

Only it is not deadly and has been like a flu season any other flue season.

Question is why did the world lose (correct spelling for @One percent I hope) its collective mind, was it just fear showing how shit our politicians are these days or something much more sinister. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sarahbell said:

People can do what they want. I'm sure there'll be many people who'll rush over to these no-quarantine countries. Haven't hotels abroad said they will just be providing beds?

Taking my 2 kids to Malaga, 2nd July. Hotel is serving food. The buffet breakfast has been changed to table service, result! Pool is open. No seats available on any direct flights from Stansted until 10th July and that's nearly full. Back to normal, but have to wear face mask the entire flight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

Taking my 2 kids to Malaga, 2nd July. Hotel is serving food. The buffet breakfast has been changed to table service, result! Pool is open. No seats available on any direct flights from Stansted until 10th July and that's nearly full. Back to normal, but have to wear face mask the entire flight.

What route did you get, and have you managed to sort insurance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WorkingPoor said:

I can see a large number of uk crettins booking up right now, 

Get them up to gatwick asap i say, herd'em & pack'em in those planes and transfer coaches i say,

tolerate absolutely no malingering or holding up from boarding anyone tries that cancel'em on the spot.

These people need to learn a very harsh lesson if they are craven enough to put their fellow countryfolk and work colleagues at risk cos "they need a holiday"

Watch them kick off at the other end when one of ther family members gets pulled on a temperature check and taken away to an isolation hotel.

Oh yes......you dont think they are going to let someone out of the airport running a fever do you? they will be taken away to quarantine whilst awaiting the swab test results. 

A bit mean towards your fellow man

 

53 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

Taking my 2 kids to Malaga, 2nd July. Hotel is serving food. The buffet breakfast has been changed to table service, result! Pool is open. No seats available on any direct flights from Stansted until 10th July and that's nearly full. Back to normal, but have to wear face mask the entire flight.

Our fortnight in Portugal in August is still booked but I have no idea what's going to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eight said:

A bit mean towards your fellow man

 

Our fortnight in Portugal in August is still booked but I have no idea what's going to happen.

Algarve is looking a bit tricky at the moment, but the whole thing is about politics, not health, so I guess it will be sorted once the required Brexit bribes are settled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not considering any foreign trips until next year at the earliest. No so bothered about wuflu, more about the hassle and indignity of being herded, masked, recorded, questioned etc etc.

A week in s/c house in the Yorkshire Dales our big trip this year, last week of July. Hopefully nice and quiet - walking, reading, relaxing. Can't wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

Algarve is looking a bit tricky at the moment, but the whole thing is about politics, not health, so I guess it will be sorted once the required Brexit bribes are settled.

Indeed.

Actually part of the reason I would still consider going is to support the folks down there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

What route did you get, and have you managed to sort insurance?

Stansted Malaga direct but booked 5 weeks ago when Ryanair said flights could be changed for free if covid affected. We have Axa travel insurance on my company health policy and it covers covid related illness as long as the foreign office say it's ok to travel. Took a gamble on the 2 week return quarantine and pleased that has been lifted. Only really going as my mother in law has cancer and we haven't seen her since February. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...