DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Developer salaries Belgium

12 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Anyone know what salaries are like for software developers in Belgium and what that tax is like?

I'm looking for somewhere commutable to Paris.

I don't know. I am quite often suggested work in Belgium. I do know that a friend of mine went over there as a contractor, and finished after 6 months due to the tax situation.

35 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't know. I am quite often suggested work in Belgium. I do know that a friend of mine went over there as a contractor, and finished after 6 months due to the tax situation.

I worked there in the early 90`s short term job 9 weeks or so for a UK based company fitting/fabricating glass lined pipe, i was taxed in the UK  yet Belgium chased me for well over ten years for unpaid tax on what i earnt there ,i wont be going back 

Great Beer though

Edited by Long time lurking
29 minutes ago, spunko said:

Have you been to Belgium? Even if it's tax efficient, and well paid, it's still an enriched, boring, flat, EU-centric, pisshole full of people that make the French look cheery. 

Is the Dutch speaking part as enriched?

As in all countries in the world that are divided into French speaking areas and something-else-speaking areas, the French-speaking areas are the worst for pretty much every measure of civilization.

1 hour ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

I'm confused by this statement, you know it's 230km from Paris to the Belgium border, probably at least another 100km to the software developers building O.o

If it’s central Paris to central Brussels there’s the Eurostar so it’s pretty quick. Standard tech salaries in Belgium are not high but there’s some fairly well paid contract work around from what I’ve heard. The tax situation is very complex though so professional advice is a must.

28 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

If it’s central Paris to central Brussels there’s the Eurostar so it’s pretty quick

yeah true, just checked and it only takes 1hr30 BUT Brussels is the most boring place on earth :P And the roads are shite in Belgium....I've tanked it across Belgium a few times and breathed a sigh of relief when I get out the other end xD

Orleans to Paris TGV only 1 hour.....

9 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

Anyone know what salaries are like for software developers in Belgium and what that tax is like?

I'm looking for somewhere commutable to Paris.

Always an opportunity to recommend watching "In Bruges" - "all that beautiful fucking fairytale stuff, how can that not be somebody's fucking thing, eh? "

Yeah I saw the enrichment 20 years ago.

Tax is a worry, thanks for the heads up. That is really interesting info.

Yes Orleans is a possibility but you are at the mercy of the SNCF which is like being buggered by beelzebuggger himself.

Personally I'd move back to CH or maybe Norway.

1 hour ago, Dave Bloke said:

Tax is a worry, thanks for the heads up

Can't you just setup a Ltd co? Feed as much dosh into a SIPP and/or VCT thingy.......Lagarde gets about half a million € a year and pays fuck all tax, or at least that was the case at the IMF, not sure now she's at the ECB, prolly gets more O.o

why should you pay tax when all these criminals who taut themselves as fine upstanding leaders of society are completely taking the pish?

Edited by 5min OCD speculator