DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Leicester, twinned with <pick a shithole>

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all fucking bullshit.  Spike in cases.  Need more detail.  Description of cases,  age,  comorbidities,  where they live,  travelled to Indian sub continent recently,  BLM march?  

Less people have died than in a bad flu year like 76/77 or 13/14 and there has been a vast amounts of misappropriation of deaths from other causes to get them to 50,000. The lockdown wasn't neces

I saw some stat somewhere that global deaths have passed 500K. So a virulent disease that kills indiscriminately and yet the UK has copped for 10% of all global deaths? Fuck right off.

Posted Images

650  cases i take it that means positive tests out of a population of 600k and they are talking about lock down yet 200 in a chicken processing plant on a small island is ok`ish 

And by the sounds of it they have increased testing ,you seek you find

Hospital admissions should be the metric to gauge whether to lock down or not if they are no rising it will provide an indication of what the levels of infection were at the peak 

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Less people have died than in a bad flu year like 76/77 or 13/14 and there has been a vast amounts of misappropriation of deaths from other causes to get them to 50,000.

I saw some stat somewhere that global deaths have passed 500K. So a virulent disease that kills indiscriminately and yet the UK has copped for 10% of all global deaths? Fuck right off.

55 minutes ago, JFK said:

It's all fucking bullshit.  Spike in cases. 

Need more detail. 

Description of cases,  age,  comorbidities,  where they live,  travelled to Indian sub continent recently,  BLM march?  

Tested positive per 100,000 population? 

What's hospital and icu admissions 

What's the cfr

It's all fucking bollocks 

Behave with wanting detail. It’s all about the feelz.  :)  

I'm a fan of Leicester. I can see why you'd assume it's another shithole but it's got a slightly different makeup and it's really noticeable in a good way. Still, it's probably going the way of everywhere else...

Totally agree with the pointlessness of lockdown though, perhaps they need to prolong the crisis to justify printing another few trillion to keep the great reset on track.

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

Just witnessed some overweight, thick woman reporting for the BBC state that closing beaches was not an option for Leicester or the East Midlands. :wanker:

Well I’m ok with them keeping the beaches open in Leicester and the East Midlands. It will keep the Covid infected bastards away from my local beach.  :)

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/lockdown-leicester-east-says-mp-4272155

“We know the problem is in Leicester East, not spread across the city.

“People from Leicester East need to be not travelling across the city.

“I don’t know how it would work but they have to implement a local lockdown.

“In my view, we need to go back to the standard of lockdown we had at the beginning.”

Says the MP for, err, Liecester East.

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/lockdown-leicester-east-says-mp-4272155

“We know the problem is in Leicester East, not spread across the city.

“People from Leicester East need to be not travelling across the city.

“I don’t know how it would work but they have to implement a local lockdown.

“In my view, we need to go back to the standard of lockdown we had at the beginning.”

Says the MP for, err, Liecester East.

Good luck getting that to work. There's no alternative to taking it on the chin IMO.

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Does anyone go to Leicester?

I've been there twice.

The second time I was just passing through and got overtaken by some woman wearing a headcovering in a blingy 4x4 doing what mus have been 2 x the speed limit.

9 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Just witnessed some overweight, thick woman reporting for the BBC state that closing beaches was not an option for Leicester or the East Midlands. :wanker:

Perhaps its time to let the virus run amok and let darwinism take its natural course.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53206506

Leicester East MP Claudia Webbe has called for a lockdown due to a "perfect storm" of poverty, positive tests and higher ethnic diversity.

She said: "I don't know why they're not enforcing a lockdown - the evidence suggests there should be one."

What happened to strength thru diversity. And migrants all working?

North Evington was identified as an area of the city with a surge in cases - it's a community of tightly-packed terraces, mixed in with old industrial buildings and places of worship for many faiths. It's a good representation of Leicester as a multicultural city.

I dont think there are many faiths or much multi-culture.

https://www.citypopulation.de/en/uk/eastmidlands/wards/leicester/E05010469__north_evington/

18 hours ago, One percent said:

Well I’m ok with them keeping the beaches open in Leicester and the East Midlands. It will keep the Covid infected bastards away from my local beach.  :)

For beaches read places like reservoirs and canals where I think there have been a lot of people congregating in the area around Leicester .. I am surprised that some of them have not been heading to Rutland water.

Edited by MerryMoon

Leicester is a more diverse city than somewhere like Oldham or Luton. "Asian" refers more to Indian than Pakistani.

Everyone tends to live in their own side of town...the area you've picked, Evington, is a predominantly Muslim area, and also one of the poorest. It's also got lots of students in...I can see why Covid would spread there.

Use that website (thanks by the way, really enlightening) and look at Belgrave where the Golden Mile is...it's mostly Hindu. Go to Aylestone/South Wigston and you will see it's mostly white.

This says something interesting about human nature. That said I've never felt unsafe on my visits to Leicester and I've been to all these areas mentioned.

Edited by eta-carinae