• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
invalid

where's your mama gone

A search on Google brings this version up first, with a large preview of the video on Youtube. It has 49k views on Youtube.

This version from Middle of the Road, with 3.7 million views does not appear on the first page. Versions of it with 898k and 1.7k views do appear in smaller previews below the above.

Middle of the Road's recording eventually reached #1 in the UK and stayed there for five weeks in June 1971 (the Kissoons' version only reached #41).

I would expect, for a search on Google.co.uk that the Middle of the road version, given it has a massively higher number of views and was number 1 in the Uk would be the top result.

I wonder why not?

1 minute ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

This is up there with 9/11 and the moon landing.

This is a serious matter not to be associated with fake moon landings and government involvement in 9/11.

Its very important that obscure hits from the 70's are correctly portrayed in the Google results.

This comes up as number one for Scarborough.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, invalid said:

This version from Middle of the Road, with 3.7 million views does not appear on the first page. Versions of it with 898k and 1.7k views do appear in smaller previews below the above.

Middle of the Road's recording eventually reached #1 in the UK and stayed there for five weeks in June 1971 (the Kissoons' version only reached #41).

I would expect, for a search on Google.co.uk that the Middle of the road version, given it has a massively higher number of views and was number 1 in the Uk wou

I wonder why not?

Because they were Scottish ?

Edited by Virgil Caine

7 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

This is up there with 9/11 and the moon landing.

:)

Fucking right it is.

It's the biggest smoking-gun since PJ Proby appeared on Opportunity Knocks as "The Masked Singer"...

XYY

7 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Typical 70s bubble gum pop.

Bloke who wrote it Lally Stott was from Lancashire. Killed riding a moped in 1977.

Perhaps his (male) version should come first on Google.

All others are a cultural apropriation.

15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

:)

Fucking right it is.

It's the biggest smoking-gun since PJ Proby appeared on Opportunity Knocks as "The Masked Singer"...

XYY

P J Proby as in Jimmy Saville's mate? 

You know you have made it when Father Ted gives you a nod:

Chirpy Burpy Cheap Sheep

"Chirpy Burpy Cheap Sheep" is the second episode of the third series of the Channel 4 sitcom Father Ted. The episode's title is a reference to the 1971 song "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep," made famous by Middle of the Road.

Trivia - This episode is notable as being the only episode in the entire series to contain the word 'Fuck' spoken uncensored (it is heard twice, when "Fuckin' Hell" is exclaimed off-camera by Graham Linehan while others express shock at Ted's revelations about the Beast)

Just now, Option5 said:

P J Proby as in Jimmy Saville's mate? 

That's a pretty damning insinuation.

Care to give us some proof...?

PJ Proby is a mate of Marc Almond - and you can't get a better "I've got a gay friend" pass than that...

XYY

9 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

PJ Proby is a mate of Marc Almond - and you can't get a better "I've got a gay friend" pass than that...

XYY

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/pj-proby-reveals-sickening-attraction-16035680

PJ Proby reveals sickening attraction to girls as young as 12 and boasts he only wants to date children

6 minutes ago, invalid said:

More bubble gum - but I had no idea until a minute ago this was a beatles song:

Yes, I remember it as a Beatles song. It's surprising how many "hits" are remakes.

12 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Mark Almond is gay??? 😱

I'd never have guessed.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Option5 said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/pj-proby-reveals-sickening-attraction-16035680

PJ Proby reveals sickening attraction to girls as young as 12 and boasts he only wants to date children

Dirty cunt.

It's not like I get Christmas cards from the fucker...!

Or Cliff Richard...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

16 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes, I remember it as a Beatles song. It's surprising how many "hits" are remakes.

I have a vague recollection of someone telling me there are only a certain number of melodies for songs? Or was it basic storylines for books and films?

Either way, you are right so many things are just remakes or things coming back into fashion - I recall when I had a white car the missus saying it was so 80's to have a white car. Not long ago she mentioned she really liked white cars and they were fashionable. I told her I was clearly a trend setter rather than a follower :D