• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

wherebee

How has the BLM affected your charity views

How has BLM affected your charity views?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Compared to pre-BLM and post BLM, what are you views on overseas charities funded by either your donations or your tax

• Used to support, now would not support
    • Used to support, would still support
    • Never supported before or after
    • Toc-H

19 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well as long as you don’t come over the border into YORKSHIRE, you should be ok.  :)

Loyalty is a strange thing. I was back in Wrexham fro an uncle's funeral back in the 90s. I was in a pub talking to a proper Wrexham lad born and bred. He said that the local football club was shit and a couple of years before he been fined £300 after getting in a brawl between Cardiff and Crewe fans .. "You support Cardiff" I asked .. "South Walians can get fucked I support Crewe  Dario rules!" was his reply .:Jumping:

Edited by MerryMoon

10 hours ago, Libspero said:

“Racists have stopped donating to RNLI because some money is used abroad”

That is just the most fantastic double speak..  as a journalist you really have to see everything through such a specific filter.  It incites so much more division than just saying:

”People stop donating to lifeboats after their money stops being spent on lifeboats”.

Genius.

Interesting quote in there from the guy who said something like 'we've been focussed on drowning reduction for hundreds of years'. Awful phrase, straight out of a marketing workshop. They need to fire their marketing consultants, they've got this one badly wrong.

10 hours ago, RJT1979 said:

I remember 1985 approx and 6 o clock news. Starving ethiopians. Then my dad went upstairs and took money from our piggy boxes to send. I was saying it was unfair at age 6. I was right all along. I didnt identify them as my fellow man and i still dont now.

And you are right! The horses in the 3.30 race at Haydock were not fellow men.

On 30/06/2020 at 18:44, MerryMoon said:

Discrimination of one kind or another is rife everywhere. I speak with a Lancashire accent. I have lost count of the times that I have been called a Northern Monkey and of the times that my accent has mean't that I have lost chance of promotion or been otherwise placed at a disadvantage. Mentioning that I am actually Welsh will bring further slurs .. what emotions do people think that we go through when our accent or place of birth is thrown in our face day in day out?

New cunt.

Have you ever been called a northern Cunt?

On 30/06/2020 at 10:44, MerryMoon said:

Discrimination of one kind or another is rife everywhere. I speak with a Lancashire accent.

Could be worse.

Like the story of the teacher from Cumbria who was told by a southern school inspector to try to sound "less Northern"....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-24989902

25 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Could be worse.

Like the story of the teacher from Cumbria who was told by a southern school inspector to try to sound "less Northern"....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-24989902

That's ridiculous. Cumbria sounds quite nice, and is understandable.

Glasgae and Geordie are more difficult.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

That's ridiculous. Cumbria sounds quite nice, and is understandable.

Glasgae and Geordie are more difficult.

Definitely. Can't watch Outlander without subtitles.